I wish I had seen it....

ExtinctJenn

Oh, what I wouldn't give to go to EPCOT Center in '83... Since I only visited WDW for the first time in 2011, I missed a lot of stuff, but Epcot still captured me, and I loved it. Now, having seen all the pictures of classic 80s EPCOT, I see how far downhill Future World has gone, but I'm still obsessed with what it used to be... Horizons, WOM, WoL, The Seas... etc... All things I never got the chance to do...
As someone whose first trip to WDW was in '83 I can tell you that I grew up wanting to visit EPCOT Center each trip more than I wanted to go to the MK. You're right, the original park and attractions was simply incredible and really captured the imagination. I am thrilled to be able to say I experienced it but I wish so very much that my son could've had the chance.

Flippin'Flounder

Everything that's gone. I went to WDW a lot when I was really little, so I never really remember anything. I can barely remember Maelstrom, which I went on 2 years ago.

PineapplePrincess

I must have experienced Horizons since I was there in 1986 and 1994, but for the life of me I can't remember it! When you're younger, you just don't pay attention to details. I am fortunate to have gone to both River Country and Discovery Island in my younger days, and I do remember both of them quite well!

Weather_Lady

I wish I'd seen Alien Encounter, which came and went in between trips for me. I know WDW was trying to make it kid-friendly by Stitch-ifying it, but did they really think the kids wanted to see a creepy, threatening antagonist replaced by one that was merely annoying and stupid? I've seen Youtube videos of the original -- it looks like it was infinitely more worthwhile before.

(Now we just bypass the entire attraction and consider it wasted space. We've got 99 problems, but a Stitch ain't one!) ;)

Kat326

Even though I'm squeamish & probably would've hated every second of it... Body Wars. When our family went in 2002, I was gonna ride and 11-year-old me chickened out as my Dad got in the queue (he ended up going alone). We didn't go back to WDW again until 2012, and I was kinda bummed WoL had closed because I was FINALLY going to face my fears of the ride. :C

World_Showcase_Lover007

I must have experienced Horizons since I was there in 1986 and 1994, but for the life of me I can't remember it!

I definitely regret not experiencing Horizons. I was there in 1997 and have vivid memories of Future World, but simply do not remember even seeing the Horizons show building. There may be a possibly that I actually rode the attraction and don't remember it since I was in my early teens, but I don't think this is the case.

P_Radden

I went to EPCOT in 1997. I remember walking into the park feeling excited and intrigued. I have distinct memories of The Seas Pavilion, Space Ship Earth, Innoventions, Horizons, Imagination Pavilion and part of Wonders of Life, although that one is a bit fuzzy.. The Land and Universe of Energy we didn't get to experience. We spent the rest of the day in World Showcase.

I miss Horizons. It was what really the pavilion that made EPCOT Center, EPCOT Center.

OliveMcFly

I wish I would have made it over to Discovery Island as a kid. I didn't even know it was there until I started studying WDW history in my teens.

ChesterKiwi

I really regret not seeing Horizons and being too young to remember anything from Wonders of Life in its waning years, among other things. 80's Epcot really seems like it was great.

Plus I really dig Ray Lynch's music so hearing it in a pavilion would be awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom