What Ride/Event/Show do you wish you SKIPPED with your children?

DaisyDoesDisney

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

There's a reason it's not there anymore. Scariest attraction ever. My then 10 year old was screaming and crying and trying to get out of the restraint. It was awful because I couldn't do anything to help.

DiSnEyF@n

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

There's a reason it's not there anymore. Scariest attraction ever. My then 10 year old was screaming and crying and trying to get out of the restraint. It was awful because I couldn't do anything to help.

I can only imagine... I get a little scared in that studio still thinking about that show.

Mamaof2QTs

I agree it depends on the kid and their age. However, I totally regret taking our toddler on Pirates of the Caribbean. She flipped out with the drop in the beginning, then it's immediately loud. She cried all the way through the ride. Then freaked out on every ride after that. She is more sensitive than our 3-year-old who never had problems at any age.

Here is a good test; if your kid freaks out riding through a car wash, stick to Dumbo.

DfromATX

Stitch. My daughter was 9 and her comment was, "I wasted 20 minutes on THAT?"

This made me laugh. I know *most* people hate Stitch, but it was our first ride ever (when my youngest was 4) so we will never forget how TERRIFIED he was in that thing. He cried the whole time!

NYwdwfan

This made me laugh. I know *most* people hate Stitch, but it was our first ride ever (when my youngest was 4) so we will never forget how TERRIFIED he was in that thing. He cried the whole time!

I laughed when she said it!

So we're you the person that used their cellphone flashlight to illuminate the pitch black in an effort to calm their own kid whilst ruining the experience for every other person in the room? I'm sure not - but that actually happened when my 9 year old and I went on which contributed to her hatred for the experience.

DfromATX

I laughed when she said it!

So we're you the person that used their cellphone flashlight to illuminate the pitch black in an effort to calm their own kid whilst ruining the experience for every other person in the room? I'm sure not - but that actually happened when my 9 year old and I went on which contributed to her hatred for the experience.

Not I! :angelic:

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
My 7 yr old daughter is on the Autism Spectrum and a few things set her off. She gets really stressed by things that could cause pain. She's very sweet and compassionate and if she sees a show with anything about bees stinging, or jellyfish stinging, that sorta thing it upsets her.

Thankfully in the past few months she seems to have learned better coping skills with things that stress her. But as you can imagine, she did not like It's Tough to be a Bug at all. She covers her eyes during the jelly fish scene in the Nemo ride.

She doesn't like rides with quick jerking and neither does my son who is 5 so that time I took them on Test Track they won't let me forget it. haha. We're planning for the October trip and they are like "Don't make us ride Test Track this time Daddy. You tricked us last year."

So I'm going to skip Dinosaur with them this year too haha.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
With my cute, yet cautious kid, I wish we had skipped when he was younger:
Tough to be a bug - too dark and scary
Mickey's Philharmagic - too loud/in your face (and Donald "gets in trouble")
Any fireworks - too loud
Haunted Mansion - too scary
Dinosaur - we did skip this since I knew it would be way too scary (one win for mom!)
Everest - too high
Barnstormer - too high
Great movie ride - too loud and the movies (while we waited in line) were too scary

Things that he loved and still loves:
Splash
BTMRR
7DMT
TSM
Star Tours
Muppet Vision

So who the heck knows what kids are going to like and not like! :confused:
My daughter and son would agree with your kid. Both are cute and cautious too. :D

ScarletBegonias

Carosel of Progress! First, I hadn't been in ten years, and second, I've never been on it. My rebellious daughter does not like to sit still in things like that and she was BORED. Luckily her little snack cup saved the day. Once you are on this, there is no getting off. I was so scared she was going to have a meltdown. My own fault for just jumping on without ever being on it!

Weather_Lady

Stitch! It was the only thing in all of WDW that the kids absolutely hated -- they weren't scared, just bored and annoyed.

Just about everything else we did was a hit, although to be fair, we spent a lot of time before their first trip showing them on-ride videos on Youtube and talking about attractions, so they could make informed choices about whether they really wanted to try things like Expedition Everest, RnR, and Splash Mountain, etc. My youngest didn't try most of those, because she was sure she wouldn't enjoy them. My daredevil son did, and even if they weren't his favorite (he doesn't care to do Expedition Everest again, for example), at least he wasn't surprised or traumatized.

Last edited:

Ted Daggett

When my daughter was 4 we took her on Bugs Life, and she absolutely hated it. Started screaming hysterically, which she never had done before. Seven years later when my son was 5 we took him on Bugs Life (because Space Mtn. is his favorite ride, we figured he was immune to being scared) and he also had a mini panic attack.

Same trip when my son was 5, he did not like Dinosaur... was calm on the ride, but afterwards said he wouldn't go on it again because the dinosaurs jumping out scared him.

Both Dinosaur and Bugs life are DARK. So if your kids have fears of the dark, then I wouldn't recommend.

Simba's Mom

Magic Carpets and Little Mermaid in the MK. Our 2 yo granddaughter was terrified of both. She was also terrified of Dumbo (go figure!), but my 4 yo granddaughter said "Don't worry grandma, I'll sit on the outside so you don't fall out" and that made it worth it for me. But who knew our 2 yo was afraid of heights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom