Adam the woo is back!

Kramerica

Original Poster
Any of you guys watch or know of Adamthewoo? If so you might be aware of the fact that he's been banned from Disneyworld for almost three years now and he just announced today that he's been allowed back and is documenting it all! Pretty exciting stuff.

If you care to watch.

Arthur Wellesley

That's surprising that Disney lifted the ban on him. I have seen a number of his videos from the past, and some of them were interesting; but he clearly was trespassing to film (at least some) of those. I'll be curious to see if he abides by the rules now that he's been let back into the parks.
If he was just an average joe, the ban would have stuck for life. But Disney has been known to revoke punishments based on an offender's "celebrity" status. There was another person who posted a confessions of a former Disney CM video on YouTube (cannot think of his name). But he was fired for something (earring, I think?), then trespassed on property at DHS for some banquet that he was not allowed to attend, snuck food that wasn't his, and even admitted on an online video to stealing a showtime sign for the Indy Stunt Show.
Now had that been you, I, or any average somebody, we'd not only be banned for life, but would probably face criminal charges for the admittance to stealing property. Yet this guy became so popular online, that not only did the company drop any banishment's against him, but they even have invited him back, given full clearance to Vista Way and the parks to attend many gatherings & events.

But these instances of Disney turning the other cheek & lifting punishments are EXTREMELY rare. So it's not recommended for anyone to try what these gentlemen did.

Arthur Wellesley

I do have to admit that he seemed to show a real love for the place. More then just his desire to sneak around once more, which I'm sure he will do. Very emotional at times and unless he's a great actor it seemed sincere. Time will tell. I'll bet the next time he gets caught will really be the last.
I doubt he would be foolish enough to try the backstage sneaking around again. Surely the last 3 years of being banned have taught him that. But we'll see.

As the old saying goes: "First time, shame on woo. Second time, shame on me."
(Wait...that may not be right. :oops:)

Kramerica

Original Poster
I'm pretty confident that he's learned his lesson and won't be doing any more backstage exploring. Infact, oddly enough, Disney didn't ban him from the Disneyland parks. He lives only a few miles away from there, and goes to the Disneyland resort all the time and has yet to do anything bad. He's learned his lesson, and Disney is too important to him. He flew a little too close to the sun once, but not again.

seahawk7

I'm pretty confident that he's learned his lesson and won't be doing any more backstage exploring. Infact, oddly enough, Disney didn't ban him from the Disneyland parks. He lives only a few miles away from there, and goes to the Disneyland resort all the time and has yet to do anything bad. He's learned his lesson, and Disney is too important to him. He flew a little too close to the sun once, but not again.
I agree that he will behave now. I watched the video that he posted when he got banned and you can see how sad he was. He is a native Floridian and has gone since a child so naturally he went to DL when he wasn't allowed in WDW. He behaved in DL because I think he needs Disney in his life like a lot of us. His new video where he come back to MK shows a genuine love for the place.
I'm glad he was let back in even if he was given special treatment.

Goofyernmost

He posted a vlog the other day explaining how his ban got lifted

Im surprised they allowed him to record anything at all at the parks, but im looking forward to his HS/AK video whenever he uploads it.

This is still "merica", if everyone else can film in the parks, things that are allowed to be film, there is no reason to stop him. I'll bet that he was being watched real close though.

He says that now he understands why they don't want him filming backstage. Seriously? It really doesn't take a scholar to figure out why. He seems to smart to not have been aware. I do think that even if caught he felt that nothing was ever going to happen to him. I guess he was wrong.

ItlngrlBella

Never heard of this guy until now.

I'm wondering if WDW had the "eye in the sky" and a plainclothed security detail following his every move.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What a liar... He didn't know how the internet worked? He didn't know how many people would see it? Whatever... He knew what he was doing... He spoke to the subject of his fans all along... And to the forbidden nature of what he was doing. Need was dabbling in urban exploring, etc. makes a daily vlog for 3yrs straight and makes such claims? Whatever martyr. The guy wasn't a 6yr old who found his mommy's phone.

"I had to stop reading message boards..." I lol'd

I usually found some entertainment in some of his videos... But Jesus...22 minutes to go over what was about a 3 minute story. The narcissism is insane.

Here's the version of the story if it were being told but someone born before 1990
..... A lot of people told me I can request to have the property ban lifted... I tried once by myself, and they rejected me. So in the meantime I filled my need for Disney by moving to.. Surprise.. Anaheim! After about another year, I was in legal trouble and someone connected me with a lawyer. While I was talking with this lawyer he also tried tackling the Disney problem by sending a letter asking to review things again... And this time they decided to lift the ban. The end

Oh ps... I admit what I did was wrong and encourage everyone to follow the rules now.

---

There you go... I saved all future readers 20mins of time.

Doesn't surprise me he started signing the company line.... He clearly needs his Disney fix.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What a liar... He didn't know how the internet worked? He didn't know how many people would see it? Whatever... He knew what he was doing... He spoke to the subject of his fans all along... And to the forbidden nature of what he was doing. Need was dabbling in urban exploring, etc. makes a daily vlog for 3yrs straight and makes such claims? Whatever martyr. The guy wasn't a 6yr old who found his mommy's phone.

I usually found some entertainment in some of his videos... But Jesus...22 minutes to go over what was about a 3 minute story. The narcissism is insane.

Here's the version of the story if it were being told but someone born before 1990
..... A lot of people told me I can request to have the property ban lifted... I tried once by myself, and they rejected me. So in the meantime I filled my need for Disney by moving to.. Surprise.. Anaheim! After about another year, I was in legal trouble and someone connected me with a lawyer. While I was talking with this lawyer he also tried tackling the Disney problem by sending a letter asking to review things again... And this time they decided to lift the ban. The end

Oh ps... I admit what I did was wrong and encourage everyone to follow the rules now.

---

Doesn't surprise me he started signing the company line.... He clearly needs his Disney fix.

He's an interesting character, that's for sure. Some of his previous videos were fun to watch.

My only complaint (as you also referenced above) was the length of time it took him to explain the reason why he finally got let back into WDW. His explanation was so LONG, and after about 5 minutes or so, I lost patience and kept fast-forwarding through it to the end.

flynnibus

Premium Member
He's an interesting character, that's for sure. Some of his previous videos were fun to watch.

My only complaint (as you also referenced above) was the length of time it took him to explain the reason why he finally got let back into WDW. His explanation was so LONG, and after about 5 minutes or so, I lost patience and kept fast-forwarding through it to the end.

It's formula stuff... Just like the 'shocking' stupid stuff people say on cable news to create drama. I only wish the public had the self control to reject this stupidity vs hover around it and suck it up.

mousehockey37

He did things that were illegal and got banned. Wish it would've stuck. It's only a matter of time before he decides to go "exploring" again.

Goofyernmost

---

I agree. Only an person that just crawled out from under a rock would believe that he didn't know he was doing anything wrong. Most of his video's have him commenting on how he was trying not to get caught. Does that sound like the actions of a person that didn't know what he was doing? I think not!

Agreed that the length was way to long for such a simple explanation, but, what drove me completely mad was the fact that every 5 words he switch hands that held the camera.
He did things that were illegal and got banned. Wish it would've stuck. It's only a matter of time before he decides to go "exploring" again.
You can bet on that and you will be a winner. It will be a little while though because he knows they are watching his every move, they all know what he looks like and are on alert, I'm sure. However, give it a few more years and all those that know who he is, will have moved on and in the words of Arnold... "He'll be back".

catmom46

---

Thanks for saving me those 20 minutes! I've been debating whether or not to watch the videos and now I don't need to. Much appreciated. :)

French Quarter

I like his videos. He makes a lot more videos than just the Disney ones. I enjoy watching him go to abandoned places, as they interest me too. I know he did bad things but I have to admit that I am fascinated by any glimpses backstage, although I'm not the type to go exploring there myself. I'm glad he's able to go back to WDW.

Last edited:

wdwjmp239

I just watched this Adam The Woo video and as I was watching it, I thought, "Wasn't he banned from Disney?" But, I guess Disney had a change of heart or his three year suspension was enough punishment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom