Best WDW Boat Transportation

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
There are a variety of ways to get from place to place in WDW just by boat (or ferry or launch). Is there a particular means of boat transportation in WDW that you enjoy?

I always enjoy the boat ride from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom (and vice versa). There's just something inherently cool about going slowly towards the huge Contemporary Resort, under the monorail lines, and coming up slowly but surely to the Magic Kingdom. And then in the evening, it's just cool in reverse, especially towards the end when you pull up to the dock at the beautifully lit up WL itself. Another particularly cool ride is the one that goes in a triangular pattern between MK, GF, and the Polynesian. Especially is it cool in the evenings to just sit and ride around while the MK fireworks show is going off. I've never ridden the big ferry from TTC to MK or any of the World Showcase boats, so I can't comment on them. I probably would enjoy the boat ride to/from Epcot and DHS a little more if it didn't take so long and have so many stops in-between.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I enjoy riding pretty much any of the launches anywhere :) The Ferries over at Disney Springs are fun as long as there's a breeze. Friendships beat walking and buses. Motor Cruisers not so much.

epcotisbest

We like to drive over to POR, then take the boat to DTD. It goes to POFQ, then past the Treehouses and SSR and is a fun, scenic ride. Then we spend time at DTD then enjoy the same scenic ride back. There is a similar ride to OKW. We have been doing this since before there were parking issues at DTD so it makes even more sense now. The ride from WL to Fort Wilderness is fun as well. At the Boardwalk area we usually skip the boats and walk for some reason.

HolleBolleGijs

I don't take the boats all that often, but I went from MK to WL for our Whispering Canyon lunch, and we went right by River Country. So that one is my favorite.

JIMINYCR

The boat ride from POFQ to DTD is my favorite. It's very pleasant especially when the boat pilot is giving a lot of information along the ride and interacting with the passengers. The ferries are wonderful too but they lack that personal touch.

Tom

Beta Return
I enjoy the MK ferry over all other watercraft. Then the MK resort launches. Then POR-DTD boat.

I'm not into the Friendship boats. The A/C never works well enough, so it's always like riding in a tin can under the Florida sun. I'm sweating just thinking about it.

But yeah, the open air boats are refreshing.

SpaceMountain75

The Sassagoula Boats from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs is one of my favorite experiences from my trip consistently. Something about cruising down a peaceful river at Disney speaks to me on a deep level.

copcarguyp71

I really enjoyed the rode from POFQ to DTD...non stop and very scenic good day and night too!

Second would be the Wilderness Lodge to MK because it is nonstop and magical if you take it for your first trip over to the MK being able to spy Cinderella Castle or Space Mountain's spires peeking over the trees.. Then last is WS exit over to HS but that one has a lot of stops and is really best at night IMO.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I enjoy all the various options for water transportation at WDW; riding around on different vessels is part of the fun for me. The Friendship launches are very efficient transportation to and from DHS and Epcot, via the Swan/Dophin dock, as well as the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach Club areas. But I think that any boat transportation throughout WDW is more relaxing than taking the buses.

Larry Mondello

disney-wonder.jpg

Timon

Old historic favorite -
Ports-O-Call Steam Side Wheeler - World Cruise & Discovery Island/Treasure Island transportation. Originally TTC to MK water transportation before the Ferries were built. Sister ships Southern Seas I and later Southern Seas II
WDW%252520Ports%252520o%252520Call%25252001.jpg

Scooter

My wife and I Love riding the Friendships from Disney's Hollywood Studios to Epcot. We do it every trip and have gotten off at each stop on occasions to explore the Boardwalk resorts and Swan and Dolphin resorts and Yacht and Beach Club resorts.

DisneyPrincess5

I love the boat ride from DHS to the Boardwalk area best, but also have loved the ride to and from WL and MK and from one side of WS to the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom