Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Hopefully there are a few here that like horror movies lol. Some of my favorites are Nightmare on Elm Street, Final Destination, Resident Evil etc. There are a few out there i wont watch more than once, thats how bad they creep me out. What say you?

catmom46

Nightmare on Elm Street is also one of my faves (I actually saw it in the movie theater!). I like Final Destination 2 better than the first one (especially love the opening scene!).

Other favorites: Exorcist (I also really liked the 3rd one), Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), Halloween, Carrie, The Shining, Pet Sematary, Black Christmas, Rosemary's Baby, Evil Dead trilogy, The Thing, The Fly, Saw, An American Werewolf in London, The Hitcher, Hellraiser, The Omen, American Psycho.

catmom46

Hopefully there are a few here that like horror movies lol. Some of my favorites are Nightmare on Elm Street, Final Destination, Resident Evil etc. There are a few out there i wont watch more than once, thats how bad they creep me out. What say you?

I see you've watched Scream 3 now - that one was my favorite out of the trilogy. Loved Parker Posey in it.

Animaniac93-98

I love many horror films, but most were released before 1970. After that the trend in horror became gore & teen focused and I never really liked that. Some of my favourites are:

The Innocents, The Haunting (1963), House of Wax (1953), the Universal monster movies, the slient versions of The Bat and The Cat and the Canary, Masque of the Red Death, Horror of Dracula, House on Haunted Hill (1958) & Nosferatu

I'm really looking forward to del Toro's Crimson Peak. That looks good.

BuddyThomas

I think Drag Me to Hell is one of the best horror movies in recent memory. Horror movies must be very hard to make because there is like one good one for every 20 that are released. The upcoming Crimson Peak looks like it could be awesome but I guess we'll see. I just saw a trailer that looks very cool for something called The Final Girls. I'll post it later tonight.

catmom46

I think Drag Me to Hell is one of the best horror movies in recent memory. Horror movies must be very hard to make because there is like one good one for every 20 that are released. The upcoming Crimson Peak looks like it could be awesome but I guess we'll see. I just saw a trailer that looks very cool for something called The Final Girls. I'll post it later tonight.

Hmmm…I may need to watch Drag Me to Hell now. I do love me some Sam Raimi. :D

catmom46

Another good movie without lots of special effects is Devil, which is based on a story by M. Night Shyamalan. I was skeptical at first since I only liked Sixth Sense, but this was pretty creepy and the ending surprised me.

Arthur Wellesley

This one disturbed me as a child. Just a simple, 80's made-for-TV ghost story with no real special effects, not any blood/gore. Just good, eerie storytelling, and wow, it packed a punch when I saw it when younger. The pizza cutter scene and the final few moments especially. :eek:
Good, old-school supernatural horror.

catmom46

This one disturbed me as a child. Just a simple, 80's made-for-TV ghost story with no real special effects, not any blood/gore. Just good, eerie storytelling, and wow, it packed a punch when I saw it when younger. The pizza cutter scene and the final few moments especially. :eek:
Good, old-school supernatural horror.

Just watching the opening credits, I love how the music keeps cutting out in between scenes. And that's the boy from Poltergeist, right?

Oh, and I love Ruth Gordon!

njDizFan

I think I watched too many horror movies as a kid and now I get too easily frightened...but anyway

Exorcist(still can't watch it without getting nightmares)
The Omen
The thing
Cabin in the Woods
The Shining
Blair Witch
The Ring
Night of the Living Dead(Trilogy)
Alien
Rosemary's Baby
Halloweeen
Event Horizon

Arthur Wellesley

Just watching the opening credits, I love how the music keeps cutting out in between scenes.
Yeah they did a good job creating eerie mood & atmosphere. I remember as a child the ending had me afraid to look at the foot of my bed at night. You always think you're safe when tucked-in bed....yet this movie takes that comfort away!
And we had a long staircase in the house I lived in as a kid. So you can imagine the trauma that pizza cutter scene did to me; looking down that long abyss at night, expecting to see that little girl slowly rolling it up the railing. :eek:

Curse you, cheap 80's horror films!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom