Toy Story 4

Tony Perkis

I am pretty sure I am in the minority on this one but for me the end was far from perfect. Don't get me wrong, I still loved the movie but I didn't like the fact that Woody was an "old family toy" but yet they just give him away at the end? It just sort of rubbed me the wrong way. So the toy has been passed down to them, but now they just don't care since toy story 2? Wouldn't they want to pass it down to Andys or Mollys kids? For me a perfect ending would have been Andy's kid getting the toys somehow.

As far as toy story 4 goes, as long as it can live up to first 3 then I'm all for it. If we end up with another cars 2 then no thanks.
Andy didn't just give Woody away. Pretty obvious that it broke him apart inside.

FoozieBear

I am pretty sure I am in the minority on this one but for me the end was far from perfect. Don't get me wrong, I still loved the movie but I didn't like the fact that Woody was an "old family toy" but yet they just give him away at the end? It just sort of rubbed me the wrong way. So the toy has been passed down to them, but now they just don't care since toy story 2? Wouldn't they want to pass it down to Andys or Mollys kids? For me a perfect ending would have been Andy's kid getting the toys somehow.

As far as toy story 4 goes, as long as it can live up to first 3 then I'm all for it. If we end up with another cars 2 then no thanks.

I think you missed the point. The point of the ending was that although Woody was a major part in Andy's life, and it was hard to give him away, Andy realized it was time to move on, and he passed Woody along to a new home, where he'll be appreciated more at this new kid's house, rather than sitting on a shelf in college.

The message is, sometimes, as hard as it should be, you have to let go and move forward. Disney should do the same. Toy Story ended perfectly, no need to dig it up again, and they should move on to bigger and more original projects.

Princess Leia

Sorry to bump this, but 3 things:
1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_Story_4 Plot and premise of the movie. Woody & Buzz search for Bo Peep
2: Don Rickles passed away today. It's unknown if he recorded any of his lines, but if he didn't, that's another voice they'll need to recast (Blake Clark started voicing Slinky after Jim Varney died in 2000).
3: Andy's mom is returning??? My guess- if Toy Story 4 follows the same aging timeline as the first 3 films, Bonnie should be anywhere between 12-16 (aka too old to be playing with preschool toys). Andy might be a new father (he'd be in his late 20s), and I'm sure he'd love to share Woody with his own kid.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
http://ew.com/movies/2017/07/14/toy-story-4-director-josh-cooley/

Unfortunately, Cooley didn’t reveal much about the plot of Toy Story 4, but he showed off a video introducing D23 fans to the other artists and filmmakers up in Emeryville, California. Throughout the clip, various new characters made appearances — none of which it would really do much good to describe here as anything other than fairly simple, colorful, definitely Bonnie-appropriate toys.

The big tease came when Cooley mentioned that his colleagues were busy on an RV trip for research, suggesting that the fourth film could take place during a family vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom