Underrated/Overrated Sit Downs

Hockey89

I'm usually willing to cut a restaurant some slack if there's a good experience to be had there. Sci-Fi, for example, is my favorite place to go for lunch/dinner because of the unique experience even though I'm not a huge fan of the food. However, at BOG we sat in a room that had almost no theming, so all the "amazing, immersive theming" I'd heard about was another thing missing from the meal. Maybe that's why I'm so bitter about it. :hilarious: I've thought about giving it another try at some point, but I have too many other places to try before that happens.
That's too bad. I ended up in a really cool room, so that added to it...

4disneylovers

BOG is overrated. I had a FP+ for lunch and the line was humongous, I come to find out that the only way to get in at lunch is FP+ and everyone waiting has one. What's the point of FP+ then?

Once we got inside, I was surprised, that I had to order at a self help kiosk, trying to figure out what my kids and wife wants via a kiosk was not all that enjoyable.

We then had to wonder the various dining rooms that seemed to be jammed packed for a table, after about 10 minutes looking we finally found it and then shortly after that our meals came. The food was decent, but the whole experience was lacking.

I asked if my kids wanted to eat there for our next trip and they emphatically said NO.

You can preorder for BOG lunch. I learned in May this is a must as we lost 30 minutes ordering. If you preorder you get to bypass that line and go right in.

lighteningqueen

Ohanas, horrible food its either raw or overcooked and the wait staff is inattentive for sure. Mama Mels is NOT Good nor is Tonys or Boma.CRT
Underrated is H & V lunch,

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
CURRENTLY Overrated:
Bog
Citricos
Narcosees
Chefs
Artists Pointe
Le Cellier
Yachtsman

Currently underrated:
Coral Reef
Brown Derby (Fonzie my friend)
La Hacienda
Bier Garten

We eat almost exclusively TS, even more so with Tortuga going to rice bowls.

Bparso87

CURRENTLY Overrated:
Bog
Citricos
Narcosees
Chefs
Artists Pointe
Le Cellier
Yachtsman

Currently underrated:
Coral Reef
La Hacienda
Bier Garten

I think narcosess is my least favorite signature food was bland but jiko is a close second will try jiko again but not narcosess

DarthVader

Sith Lord
You can preorder for BOG lunch. I learned in May this is a must as we lost 30 minutes ordering. If you preorder you get to bypass that line and go right in.
yeah, I found that out as well, but the process left a bad taste in my mouth overall. The food was ok, but generally speaking the whole lunch experience failed to live up to the hype, excitement, and long lines.

habuma

However, at BOG we sat in a room that had almost no theming, so all the "amazing, immersive theming" I'd heard about was another thing missing from the meal. Maybe that's why I'm so bitter about it.

I've eaten in every room at BOG and all of them are themed fairly equal...but different. If I were guessing, however, I'd say you were in the gallery (the room with the large spinning music box in the middle). The theming there isn't as obvious as the other two rooms, but it was still a fun room to look around. Plus, you are always welcome to roam about and check out the other rooms, even if you aren't dining in them.

FWIW, eating in the gallery at night can be either interesting or annoying, depending on your perspective. We ate their during Wishes and it sounded as if the whole place was under attack! (The fireworks launch not all that far behind BOG.)

As for my overrated/underrated choices...

Overrated: Via Napoli. The food was okay, but the place is crowded and noisy. Had the food been outstanding I could've overlooked the crowd and noise, but the food was just average.

Underrated: Liberty Tree Tavern. We booked this as a filler, expecting to change it. But then we went anyway and was pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

Hockey89

CURRENTLY Overrated:

Currently underrated:
Coral Reef
La Hacienda
Bier Garten

I've read many people here describe Coral Reef as having the same quality of food as Applebee's...If true. it is overrated... And down right terrible...

I've been to Brown Deby a hand full of times.... Blah at best... Not bad for a lunch to get away from the heat for lunch....

Hockey89

This thread is too funny, just proves how tastes are so completely personal. So many locations stated as overrated in half the posts are said to be underrated in the other half.
Well yeah to some degree but when people say Applebees is better than Victoria and Alberts their personal taste is wrong and down right scary.,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom