The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I remember when the Avon person, would go door to door, leave a catalogue and a free sample. I used to love there lipstick!:)

I miss free samples, period. I recall going to the big department stores in the city with my mother, and we'd always get these little free samples of lipstick, etc. It was fun playing with the different colors. I would buy more lip shades now, if they offered free samples to try on--as I always hesitate to buy a color, that I have no idea if it will look good on me or not. With the prices they charge for everything, they've lost a number of sales on me through the years, by not offering samples.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It must have crashed pretty hard - took a while to bring it back up!

I was bummed that it went down for so long last night. As you said, it must have been a big problem for them to take it down at a busy evening time. I kept trying after 7pm through just before 9pm. Then at 9, I had to get off the computer as I share it at home here, and my time was up. No WDW Magic at all for me last night. . . :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep.
I actually went to the old site that I haven't posted on in months...

Once in a while, I'll glance at other sites, but I'm a member of this one only. What I found funny last night was, in between trying to get back on this one, I looked at a few other similar sites and saw some familiar avatars and names (that I recognized from the WDW Magic forums), that had posted in other sites as well! That surprised me, although I guess it shouldn't have. (I didn't see yours though; apparently, I wasn't reading the site you were on.) :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Once in a while, I'll glance at other sites, but I'm a member of this one only. What I found funny last night was, in between trying to get back on this one, I looked at a few other similar sites and saw some familiar avatars and names (that I recognized from the WDW Magic forums), that had posted in other sites as well! That surprised me, although I guess it shouldn't have. (I didn't see yours though; apparently, I wasn't reading the site you were on.) :)
I do post on another sight occaisionally to visit with a few friends who used to be here, but this is home!:)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sympathy like! You need a break!

We were granted a break, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, warm and almost Sunny. We've been dealing with a dense haze from a forest fire in Canada drifting down but can't complain about the holiday weekend. Couldn't ask for better. This on the otherhand I've had enough of, mega spring storms in July, oy.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Skinny Oreo. So now we have original, double stuffed and thin. :facepalm:

"Oreos are getting a skinny new look, and its maker says the new cookie is a "sophisticated" snack for grown-ups that isn't meant to be twisted or dunked." "Mondelez International Inc. says it will add "Oreo Thins," which have a similar cookie-to-filling ratio as regular Oreos, except that they're slimmer, to its permanent lineup in the…" AP.

Four of the cookies contain 140 calories, 160 calories for three original Oreos. Im thinking I'd rather have 2 originals. :p

AAcDCXm.img

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom