The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Croutons are not the calorie loader on salads. You can leave them off if you want, but to decrease calories, ask for the dressing on the side and dip your fork in the dressing instead of having it all over your salad. At home, if you like light dressings, go for it. To me they taste just like regular dressing, but less fat, and ergo less calories.

Yep, I heard the fork thing many years ago. I tried, but, the tines of my fork always seemed to be stacked full of stabbed salad greens every time I dipped it in the dressing...! ;)

MOXOMUMD

I'm not sure what you have in your grocery stores in Mexico, but up here, I found a solution to my barbecue ribs crisis. A number of companies pre-cook them and then shrink-wrap them. You just buy a package or two and all you have to do is heat them up (they already have the barbecue sauce on them) on the grill for about 5 minutes each side, over hot coals. I tried this 2 weeks ago, and they came out yummy!! And, it was so easy!! :joyfull: :hungry:

Oh, they also come out good in a crock pot (not the pre-cooked ones, just the regular ribs you'd buy at a market), but the crock pot version doesn't have the same sort of "grilled" texture as cooking them on a grill.
Beef short ribs are sometimes better done in a crockpot as the cut of the meat causes them to fall apart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom