A Spirited Perfect Ten

Spark70

My comment was intended to simply question whether we should still adhere to the language that the company utilizes to describe its customers and employees when it is no longer an honest depiction of the relationship. I agree that this change is a result of the actions and views of upper management and I also agree that there are still those in the company who strive to do what is right and "exceed guest expectations" even if that is no longer the goal of said upper management.

Mike S

Longhairbear

CMs have been getting screwed (in O-Town) regularly of late. Now, I don't even need the Hub to check blockouts because they're available for all to see. Many dates during the last few months saw days when two parks were blocked out. The only park that was clear literally for threes months was EPCOT. Gee, could that be because they're trying to pump up booze and food sales and think CMs will 'party' when off the clock? MK availability was an absolute joke. There were so few days when you could use a Maingate, it was like why?

And also, look, Disney is reading social media. They read every post on this thread (even the trolls to see what strategies they think work against me and other powerful voices on this thread). They hear me tell people to 'make friends with CMs ... a free day for 2-3-4 people is worth you buying a CM friend a nice meal or a concert ticket or just a present' and they realize just like avoiding parking fees, stealing Coke or pool-hopping that they can look good to middle management by suggesting that too many CMs are using too many of their 'Disney Difference' benefits (you know, the ones that make up for having enough money from their paychecks to actually pay the bills and such).

Disney is looking to close any/all loopholes and take away any/all things that have value.

They just better not to do people my summer visit to SoCal because I intend to visit DLR for 4-5 days, KBF for one and UNI for one and I don't intend to pay a penny to visit any of them. That's how Faux Top One Percenters roll.
If your DLR visit is at the end of June, I'll be there celebrating my 60th as well as Disneyland's. Partying for a few nites at Trader Sam's with almost half of my neighbors going too for a several day stay at or near the resort.

Cosmic Commando

Of other interesting Data thoughts,M̶K̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶H̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶T̶i̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶1̶2̶.̶6̶%̶ ̶(̶4̶6̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶s̶)̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶.̶ ̶O̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶r̶e̶w̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶v̶e̶r̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶w̶d̶ ̶(̶4̶+̶)̶ ̶1̶4̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶3̶6̶%̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶t̶i̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶.̶
̶
̶S̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶M̶K̶,̶ ̶5̶4̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶"̶O̶f̶f̶-̶P̶e̶a̶k̶"̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶u̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶H̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶T̶i̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶w̶d̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶1̶7̶%̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶3̶1̶9̶ ̶N̶i̶g̶h̶t̶s̶ ̶M̶K̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶H̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶T̶i̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶E̶v̶e̶n̶t̶.̶

By comparison, DHS had 123 Days that were off peak, if you discount the One Night they had a hard ticket event.

Edit: I really Messed that up. Also, learned how the COUNTIFS command instead of hand counting.

MK had 47 Hard Ticket Events, 12.8% of the year. MK drew an average crowd drew 16 times, 34% of the time. You take out the 31 Hard Ticket Induced Crowds from the MK from the total of 69 Off-Peak Crowds for the year, leaves you with 38 actual Off Peak Crowds out of 318 Nights the MK did not have a Hard Ticket Event. So MK had an off-peak crowd for 12% of the time on Non-Party Days.
What do you consider "off-peak"?

Nmoody1

Spirited Weekend Media Musing:

I wonder if Disney has contracted with Frank Luntz (yes, the guy who W got to change 'global warming' to 'climate change' in media) to spin their desire/plan to radically change their pricing structure.

I see 'stories' planted in 'reputable' media talking about something that just 48 hours ago was simply a tale that some guy named Turkey Leg Jeff (or Fred or Ted) had brought to the attention of Robert Niles after getting a survey from Disney.

Oh wait, right from the horse's mouth on the Twitter:

Turkey Leg Jeff ‏@TurkeyLegJeff 5h5 hours ago

@hintofspy 5 journalists contacted me this week about the survey. I'd rather have heard from them when we were raising money for GKTWV & MS.

(all this for someone with 1,944 followers ... yet, all these reporters knew where to go and went so quickly. Again, if you're ignorant about how Disney operates, then they were just doing their jobs. If you live in the real world, then this is really bad news for your future travel plans.)

You don't get stories in real media that quickly unless Zenia Mucha and her flying monkeys are pulling the strings (much like when they get a story 'cleansed' from the Internet). I was just told that 'Disney surge pricing' is one of the top trending items on the Facebook right now.

As to Luntz, I bring him up because 'surge' is the term Disney is leaking to the media to use to describe what is likely to be their largest price increase in history (and if people like myself and my buddy @flynnibus didn't like dynamic pricing when it suddenly meant surcharges to dining during holiday/peak seasons, just wait ...) ... A surge is something that needs to be dealt with because it can harm you. Think of all those flood waters SURGING in Texas. Disney is saving us all by dealing with this SURGE in Guests by helping to save us all (no, not by adding capacity -- they're doing that in Shanghai ;) -- or adding attractions or even extending hours in all parks that don't have MAGIC in their names). Nope. Disney will raise prices yet again and convince you that they are protecting you. They are making your visits to WDW and DL even better.

Why add capacity? Why add new reasons to visit EPCOT, Disney-MGM and DAK here and DCA out west to take pressure off that SURGE in castle park attendance when you can simply raise prices to feed the corporate profiteering that is now part and parcel of The Walt Disney Company and 98% of other major American companies?

No longer will you be hearing about price hikes at Disney Parks or prices increasing, nope. You'll be hearing about 'surge pricing' ... that's what comes out of pricey focus groups. Just ask my friend, Frank. (In truth, the man can't stand me in the real world ... we once were working in the same conference room for two hours plus and he couldn't even look at me.)

I reached out to numerous people who might know about what Disney is doing. Only one responded cryptically with ''Changes are coming. Big changes.''

Something to think about as we celebrate another Harry Potter Weekend on ABC Family!:greedy::devilish::cool:

PS: Would someone on the Twitter reach out to Mr. Turkey Leg Jeff and ask him the names and organizations/affiliations of the five reporters who reached out to him this week?

5 journalists contacted hin for this.... yet radio silence on Shanghais missing $800m

BernardandBianca

Although there lack of benches and themed bathrooms is just entirely ridiculous.........

As we noticed yesterday, WDW management is continuing its war on benches, this time at DAK. We were walking along seeing the new passage behind the Harambe Marketplace, and when we came out to go see with standby time at KS, we noticed that WDW has removed the benches that used to be opposite the Fastpass entrance. So now you have people milling around waiting for their FP time (which makes no sense to us, but it is what it is), instead of taking a break.

Then as we walked towards the park entrance, we noticed that all of the benches along the walkway between Creature Comforts and Island Mercantile are missing. The only place to sit now is on the stone walls forming the planters, which have neither backs not form-fitting seats. We noticed this and encounter a "suit" as we noticed, and stopped her to mention it. She expressed surprise, and indicated that she had not noticed. Great.

(We also will not mention the removal of the benches outside of Island Mercantile, which are gone, but since they are doing construction in that area with walls up all around we'll give them a pass on this one.

On the way out of the park, we thought we'd stop at Guest Relations and complain. And to our surprise, the CM there actually took our complaint and wrote it down (as contrasted with MK GR, who hand you a business card with an actual and email address on it and suggest you send it that way and won't write anything down.) We don't expect any changes, but how will management know that people recognize the changes and are not happy with them.

Nemo14

I have a question about the CM blackout dates. Are there different levels for CM's based on seniority or anything, or do the blackout dates apply to all? I know if I were a CM who had worked there for 20 years or so I'd be prettypissed if I couldn't bring my family or friends in on that many days.

fosse76

It's one of those things where "as Disney goes, so goes the theme park industry", where everything from all-inclusive (non-ticket based) admission, "fastpass" style line jumps, and ticket pricing all trickle down from Disney's lead.
Six Flags actually created the one price admission ticket. That was not a Disney scheme.

Funmeister

Who sings along to a song in a movie theater (insert "Frozen sing-a-long showings" joke here)? Even if you know and love a song in a movie, I think most guests would consider it rude to do so.

I agree. All I can say is two different people were singing in my theater. I know it was out of the norm but it happened. I don't think it is that far off from people dressing up in cosplay for a Star Wars opening.

Even more obnoxious than people singing are people who quote lines from the movie a split second before they happen. Thankfully I have not experienced that in a long time.

PhotoDave219

I have a question about the CM blackout dates. Are there different levels for CM's based on seniority or anything, or do the blackout dates apply to all? I know if I were a CM who had worked there for 20 years or so I'd be prettypissed if I couldn't bring my family or friends in on that many days.

Nope, not that I can tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom