Forthcoming DLP refurbs for the 25th and beyond

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Having done some trawling and some asking, here's how I understand DLP refurbs to look over the next few years. Yes, years. A project making DCA circa 2010 look small fry and something Orlando would choke over.

Disneyland Parc:

Space Mountain - opens August 2015. Closes again early January 2017 to late March 2017. Full effects refurb for phase one. New trains phase two.
It's a Small World closes August 1 2015 to December 2015. Major refurb.
Treehouse closes August 1 to May 2016. Major refurb.
Big Thundermountain closes November 2 2015 to December 2016. Major refurb, repaint, longer cars, track extension and effects added.
Peter Pans Flight closes January 2016 to July 2016. New track, visual effects and preshow queue.
Disneyland Railroad closes late August 2015 to March 2016. MSUSA station closed longer. Major refurb.
Star Tours closes March 1 2016 to March 2017 for Star Tours 2.
Riverboat closes November 2015 to May 2016 to empty Rivers of Far West and refurb riverbed, rock work and geysers.
Pirates of the Caribbean closes January 9 2017 to July 2017 for major refurb and plussing.
Phantom Manor - 2016/7 projected. Major refurb, effects overhaul, audio remastering and plussing.

Frozen is going into Chaparell Theatre this summer, Jedi Training academy into Videopolis and Magic Eye Theatre becomes an upcoming movie showcase with in theatre effects.

WDSP:

Animagique closes February 2 2016 to July 2016 for a new show
Backlot Tour closes August 30 2016 to 2017 to push station back and extend Hollywood Blvd. Route dressed with DHS props and moved again to accommodate TSMM.
Toy Story Mania still projected for 2017. Likely location west of Rat.

Sequoia Lodge - three year refurb completed in 2012.
Newport Bay resort - one year left of a three year total overhaul of the whole resort inside and out.
Hotel New York - projected total overhaul 2015-17
Disneyland Hotel - projected total overhaul 2018-21

Animaniac93-98

Sounds like most things will be completed by summer 2017 (unfortunately, not the April 2017 start of the 25th anniversary). Any idea on what new entertainment will be featured for the 25th?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Looks that way, and wow did not realise that DLP had Star Tours and not Star Tours 2, i should really make a visit sometime as I am only a train ride away :)

Last edited:

HolleBolleGijs

Big Thunder track extension? As in the ride will be longer? It's already plenty long but I'll take it!

It's seriously about time for Rivers of America - I can't wait to see this.

I'm glad to see the DHS Backlot Tour props are being put to good use!

Overall I'm really excited to see all of these changes; hopefully I'll get back to Paris sometime in 2017!

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I may look into going 2017/2018 as it is the closest Disney to me here in the UK, would be fun to just go and see it as the only other Disney i have been to is WDW.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Big Thunder track extension? As in the ride will be longer? It's already plenty long but I'll take it!
Yes. As always, all these plans and dates are subject to change but as it stands the curve above the water into lift B is being looked at being extended to make more of an entrance into the cave (and to heighten the expectation of the projection mapped effects) plus to eliminate any zoning issues in that section of ride.

HolleBolleGijs

Let's hope so! It's about time that Paris gets some new floats instead of recycling the old ones. And let them bring back different music segments for each unit and not one song playing on repeat...

Yes! I can only stand hearing Vive la Vie so many times during Halloween! It's only a cavalcade but still...

Animaniac93-98

I'm trying to plan a trip in August...so Space Mountain WILL be open then? If so I'm still going to try to go!

Space Mountain is scheduled to reopen July 25, based on what the official website calendar says.

And if anyone doubts what @marni1971 is saying:

program-board-EEP_v5.jpg

http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

The Empress Lilly

DLP is currently an exercise in showing just how right it is to insist details, maintenance and working effects matter. Parts of the parks have seen such a turnaround recently and are great, others are still tragic. What a contrast. The Mansion, Pirates, Cinemagique are fantastic, Small World and the Treehouse are still hopeless. What a difference some TLC makes.

For sports I used to write my name in dirty spots, then check if it was still there next visit. Few spots left to do that anymore. My other hobby of spotting nesting birds in attractions and queues is mostly gone too. Like DL last decade a turnaround can happen surprisingly quick. Some cleaning up, a new coat of paint, getting things in working order is really all there is to it. Walt was right, he understood why these things matter, why they make a Disney park.

Last edited:

cjkeating

Let's hope so! It's about time that Paris gets some new floats instead of recycling the old ones. And let them bring back different music segments for each unit and not one song playing on repeat...

I am presuming the park will get some hand-me-down floats from other Disney parks... anyone know what floats are currently going spare from retired parades? I know only know of those from CADCT, I presume they would have to come from DL or WDW unless there is some agreement from TDL?

cjkeating

DLP is currently an exercise in showing just how right it is to insist details, maintenance and working effects matter. Parts of the parks have seen such a turnaround recently and are great, others are still tragic. What a contrast. The Mansion, Pirates, Cinemagique are fantastic, Small World and the Treehouse are still hopeless. What a difference some TLC makes.

For sports I used to write my name in dirty spots, then check if it was still there next visit. Few spots left to do that anymore. My other hobby of spotting nesting birds in attractions and queues is mostly gone too. Like DL last decade a turnaround can happen surprisingly quick. Some cleaning up, a new coat of paint, getting things in working order is really all there is to it. Walt was right, he understood why these things matter, why they make a Disney park.

I only visited DLP for the first time last year but the place is already coming along leaps and bounds, it's amazing how quickly some investment can start turning around the place. From reading more about the past of DLP it's almost hard to believe the scale of refurbishment they have planned along with a few new things here and there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom