The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Animaniac93-98

From The Dis' Twitter:

attachment.php

https://twitter.com/thedis

Looks like the Carthay Circle is this year's Prom Queen. ;)

cjk0318

There's been a name change for one of the entertainment offerings for Disneyland's 60th

Attachments

• Frozen Forever.jpg
    Frozen Forever.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 59

Figments Friend

I've been on Indy dozens of times this year and it seems to be one of the most unreliable rides at DL for special effects, every time I ride it something is missing or different from the previous ride. I love the lightning at the beginning but it's off more than on, the face rusting has been very hit or miss, the boulder usually rolls but on a few rides it hasn't moved, etc, etc, etc. Luckily the ride has so much going on if an effect or 2 fails it's still a great ride. I just hope after the refurb it's more consistent.

Yes, things do seem to come and go but we must not forget about one aspect that was put into the creation of this experience - Randomization.
It was designed to have random combinations so that every ride is slightly different then the previous.
With the coming and going issues some of the Show elements have, that is even moreso true today.
There is a difference between random alternatives being built in to the experience and effects simply not functioning or *turned off*.

When i rode Friday during the *soft open* the climatic boulder effect and moving walls were completely turned off as if purposely deactivated for some reason.
It was noticeable to me as i have gone through this scene several times before and seen the scene when it did not quite work correctly due to timing issues.
It was still lit and the walls would usually still move, but the boulder itself would not do it*s thing.
These most recent rides it was clear it was completely offline.
Nothing is active or lit except Indy dangling from above.

I am guessing this recent refurb was for something other then the Show elements.
Hopefully it will get another refurb to fix some of it*s issues...such as the changing doors and other things.

Last edited:

Skippy

As someone who is going to ride Indy for the first time in less than 2 weeks is there anything I should be aware of because of the recent refrub or discussion on scenes not fully implemented? I've been trying to avoid spoilers so I tend to tune out on posts when they start to get into super specifics.

Figments Friend

Rode Indy tonight and it was what Donald Trump would deem a complete and total disaster. The transport was moving at seemingly twice the normal speed limit as though Clifford was on-board and Charles Grodin was controlling the thing. Same old Observatory of the Future door, we then blew by Indy holding back the aurora borealis as he was in the middle of a sentence, no laser from Mara's eye, the Poltergeist house implosion scene skeletons barely popped out, the snake just stood there, but then I guess there was no time for it to attack, no projection on the ceiling in the skull room, rats weren't working and no boulder. Terrible!

Yeah, i hear you.
My first two rides through the Rat Room the mist was not on at all, although the projection light was.
When i re-rode for a third time about 30 minutes later, the mist was working fine and the projection actually looked really clear and great.
Digital upgrade, perhaps.

The large snake worked every time for me, and i did see the ceiling projection in the Skull Room but it was very faint.

I swear on my first ride when it first re-opened that day i saw the mirrors move in the loading area.
Did not see them move at all when i rode later on.

They really need to invest some time in the changing doors...such a cool effect.

Figments Friend

As someone who is going to ride Indy for the first time in less than 2 weeks is there anything I should be aware of because of the recent refrub or discussion on scenes not fully implemented? I've been trying to avoid spoilers so I tend to tune out on posts when they start to get into super specifics.

Without giving away any spoilers for you, i will say that a lot of things were not working or turned off when i rode this past Friday during it*s *soft opening* a day early from the short refurb.
The most famous of it*s major climatic Show elements was turned completely off...which was interesting but also slightly disapointing to see from a fan perspective.
Many smaller, but scene enhancing Show effects were also not working.
This may change by the time you get out to the Park to visit.

Even with everything that is currently not working it is still one heck of a experience.
You will likely enjoy it despite what you might end up missing.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Here is a photo from my recent visit, when i witnessed the first two pyro tests for the new 60th show.
This shot is from the 2nd test night last Thursday, near the end of the presentation.

It looks like a thermo-nucular explosion is going off behind the front gates of Disneyland....you can see the mushroom cloud already forming!

Was hoping to capture the searchlights in the sky during all of this, but my timing was off so only managed to capture the explosive finale of pyro near the end.

This photo perfectly captures the feel of the scene that night, while standing outside the front gates of DCA with the small crowd gathered to take it all in.
I love how everyone just sat down on the esplanade to watch the impromptu show.
A really great vibe that evening in the Plaza.

One of the highlights of the visit!

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

I love how everyone just sat down on the esplanade to watch the impromptu show.

I love the unity present within Disneylanders and our connection to the park. This photo really captures that feeling I'm sure my fellow DL fans can relate to, especially those who grew up with it. It really is our park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom