The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I feel bad when I put the booties on my dog when we take a walk in the winter but like you said I don't want her paws to freeze, but I also don't want the salt/sand used on the roads to get on her paws either. I would love to live somewhere warmer but hubby keeps telling me there aren't many job opportunities for him down south. He is an ELCA (Lutheran pastor). I don't know if he is right or not, who knows maybe the pastor is lying to me! Maybe I should research, so the dog won't have to wear booties! ;)
Would he consider becoming Baptist. You cannot swing a dead cat down here without hitting a huge Baptist multifunctional building. But, there are many other denominations around as well. I don't remember seeing any Lutheran Churches, but, to be fair, I have really never had a need to find one. So, who knows.

EDIT: I just did a quick Google search and imagine my surprise there are 3 just within 3 miles of my home. Who knew! Also 4 others no more then 6 miles away.

donaldtoo

Incredible!! :joyfull: And, do you know that my first thought was "Disney" when I saw those? Now, I'm not insinuating that they are exactly like the famous Mary Blair mosaics, but just the upbeat designs and colors reminded me of hers as well. (To this day, my favorite will always be her one in the Contemporary concourse area.)

Thanks! :)

Yes, I too am a big fan of Mary Blair's work in the Contemporary, as well as so much more of her work over the years.
I also really appreciate the Dorthea Redmond-designed tile mosaics in the corridor of Cinderella Castle. Good stuff... :)

9312003185_fbd762ec71_b.jpg

Goofyernmost

I think the bandanna on Walt is so cute!! My vet said that in very cold weather, it's not a bad idea to put one of those doggie sweaters on them (in zero & sub-zero temps). Also, the booties are a good idea, just to protect their paw pads from the abrasive road salt. I also notice the dog sled racers will often put booties on their dogs, to keep their paws from freezing in the snow and ice.

Or, we could do what @Goofyernmost suggested: move down South! (Never happen--we love winter!!) :p
You love winter! Have you had a serious conversation with your dog and asked him what his opinion of it is? You might be surprised AND very rich if he actually answers. :joyfull:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
One of my friends had one. She was younger than me and got it out at her house when I was there. There were a couple other people there, all younger than me. I was going into high school and they were in middle school, so I was a bit further along in developing an, ahem, woman's body. I took one look at it, looked at my chest, and said, "Nope, nope, nope!" It looked like it would just HURT! I'm disappointed that I never got to use one when I was at the right age for one. 'Cause it still looks like it would hurt now!
TMI Alert:

I was a C-cup in grade 6. Didn't stop me.

B-oobs are a little less fragile than you think.
Just wait until you see the abuse two years of nursing babies puts them through.

I have used a slip and slide as few as five or six years ago.

ETA - Apparently I made a swear.

StarWarsGirl

TMI Alert:

I was a C-cup in grade 6. Didn't stop me.

B-oobs are a little less fragile than you think.
Just wait until you see the abuse two years of nursing babies puts them through.

I have used a slip and slide as few as five or six years ago.

ETA - Apparently I made a swear.
TMI Alert as well:

Mine are super sensitive. Place too much pressure on them, whack them...not good.

Again, TMI alert... I once had a bug bite there. It got infected and started leaking pus. I have never fainted in my life, but felt like I was going to pass out. And afterward, I promptly went to the toilet and vomited. I am normally not that sensitive about my own injuries.

The thought of nursing makes me feel sick.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
TMI Alert as well:

Mine are super sensitive. Place too much pressure on them, whack them...not good.

Again, TMI alert... I once had a bug bite there. It got infected and started leaking pus. I have never fainted in my life, but felt like I was going to pass out. And afterward, I promptly went to the toilet and vomited. I am normally not that sensitive about my own injuries.

The thought of nursing makes me feel sick.
Pretty sure you win the TMI Award for the week. Maybe the month. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom