The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We learned in the Caribbean that they served goat at all their celebrations. How Americans have pig roasts, they have goat roasts. o_O
My Auntie's African husband roasted a goat for their Christmas dinner a few years back. My cousins and their families were quite nervous, but apparently it was delicious.
I don't think I'd knowingly eat horse or dog (although I did eat bear once as a kid), but goat - no prob!

seahawk7

Actually, my last name is Tomaterson..!!! :joyfull: :D ;) :)

And, if it makes ya' feel any better, here's a pic of somethin' I don't much care for (beets, in general - but will eat them in a pinch ;)), a beet sandwich...

beetsandwich-ccflcr-abbyladybug.jpg
What is that between the beets and bread?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We saw it from the dock at WL while waiting for a boat to MK for Wishes on our last trip. We had just finished up with our ADR at WCC. It was definitely a good view...! :)
Ditto - exactly.
Dock at WL - check.
Dining at WCC - check.
Headed to Wishes - check.

It was an unexpected surprise, and certainly the best view we'd ever had ... including from the ferry, the previous year.

Cesar R M

Back when I worked in the hotel industry, the company I worked for opened a hotel in Aruba. The chef (from the States) really wanted to make good meals for the staff, not just "eh" cafeteria food. So he would come up with all these great creations (while keeping within the budget), and the staff wouldn't eat very much. He couldn't figure out what was wrong, until somebody there finally told him that they all missed their favorite meal, goat stew! After that, he'd make goat stew at least 4 days a week for them, and they loved it! :p :D
Goat is offered a lot in Mexico as well.
Cue Barbacoa and Birria. :hungry:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Actually, my last name is Tomaterson..!!! :joyfull: :D ;) :)

And, if it makes ya' feel any better, here's a pic of somethin' I don't much care for (beets, in general - but will eat them in a pinch ;)), a beet sandwich...

beetsandwich-ccflcr-abbyladybug.jpg
?? Who in the hello-operator has a beet sandwich ?? :hungover:
Up here, beets are generally served as part of a relish tray or as borscht.

Hello, my name is JenniferS.
I am from Canada; where we eat bacon, maple syrup, and poutine. In that order. :joyfull:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The people I met with today are coming back on Saturday to do the deal.
It was so weird being back in that trailer after a 10 month absence.

Good thing the Boss mentioned that the potty was no longer there!
Good thing I took my red Solo cup.
Red Solo cup. I fill you up. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom