Star Wars: Rogue One

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the shareholder meeting today we got the title of the first Star Wars standalone file, Rogue One.

Here is what we know about it so far:

- Director: Gareth Edward
- Writer: Chris Weitz
- Came from an idea by John Knoll, Chief Creative Officer at Industrial Light
- Featuring Felicity Jones
- Release date: December 16, 2016

There was a piece of concept are shown at the meeting, but I have not been able to find it online yet.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Star+destoyer+willie+friend+sent+me+this+image+and+i_bab899_4203800.gif

Frankie The Beer

This one I'm not digging into on the net about the story. Or I should say I'm going to try not to. I'll be one of the clowns in line on opening day waiting all night.

erasure fan1

It will be very interesting to see as the details emerge on this one. This wouldn't be my first choice of story arc but hey, its star wars so I am excited. I'm a bit Meh with the writer and director, that's the only concern I have. I can't wait to see how they tie everything together or will they just kind of leave the spin-offs on their own.

Jahona

I can't say I have much faith in the Writer. I haven't seen Cinderella but his other works don't inspire confidence.

TyTrap

Some more information was released about Rogue One during Celebration...

"The plot will be set in the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and focus on a team of rebels tasked with stealing the plans for the Death Star"

http://www.blastr.com/2015-4-19/first-footage-plot-info-revealed-star-wars-spinoff-film-rogue-one

They also show a very early teaser...

I think sidious and vader should at least make cameos in this. Actor that plays sidious could be on set in costume while james earl jones will do what he always does and just voice vader.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Details from D23 - http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/15/star-wars-rogue-one-cast-announced

Felicity Jones, an Oscar nominee for last year’s The Theory of Everything, had previously been the only cast member revealed, although there were plenty of rumors about various actors who may be joining her.

Now we know for sure, even if we have no idea who they’ll be playing: Diego Luna (Milk, Killing Them Softly); Ben Mendelsohn (Bloodline); Forest Whitaker (Lee Daniels’ The Butler); Mads Mikkelsen (NBC’s Hannibal); Hong Kong action star and martial artist Donnie Yen; Jiang Wen (Let the Bullets Fly); Riz Ahmed (Four Lions, Nightcrawler), and Alan Tudyk (a veteran of another space war in Firefly and its big-screen spin-off Serenity), who will give life to a motion-capture character.

The movie focuses on a story hinted at in the original 1977 Star Wars film — in fact, it’s what launches the entire journey. Someone stole the Empire’s plans for the Death Star, which is why Darth Vader intercepted Princess Leia’s ship on its “diplomatic mission” in the first scene of that movie.

But who stole those schematics? Who is responsible for helping Luke Skywalker and the rest of his X-Wing squadron know where to kick the Death Star right in its exhaust port? And what cost did they pay for that?

Rogue One takes place before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope and will be a departure from the saga films but have elements that are familiar to the Star Wars universe,” Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said in a statement. “It goes into new territory, exploring the galactic struggle from a ground-war perspective while maintaining that essential Star Wars feel that fans have come to know. Gareth is such an innovative director and I’m so excited to be working with him and the extraordinary ensemble cast he’s selected for Rogue One.”

More in article

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom