Apple Watch launch

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Apple Watch Sport, 42mm, white or black band is where I am heading at the moment.

Jahona

Press conference was a lot better than the last one. The Game of Thrones trailer made my day.

I've got a kickstarter for the new Pebble Time so I'll probably pass on this iteration of the Apple Watch. If I had to choose it would probably be the 42mm Stainless Steel with Black Leather Loop.

Edit: Just reviewed prices and honestly I would probably go with the Sport 42mm black band.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I'm still fond of my [mostly] analogue watch. I'm not a fan of big watches and still think the Moto 360 is probably the best looking smartwatch currently available.

With Apple, the second version also tends to really be the first must-have one.

BalooChicago

With Apple, the second version also tends to really be the first must-have one.

This is my concern. The 3G was a huge improvement over the first iphone. My first gen Ipad was EOL'd soon after I got it. Same for my first gen AppleTV.

I've had every non-S iPhone since the 3G, a Mac Mini, and a Macbook.

I'd love to get an Apple Watch, but think I'm going to wait for version 2.0.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I'll definitely order one. I initially wanted the black stainless with black leather band but that config isn't available. The black stainless seems to only come with black stainless band for $1099 which is more than I'm willing to pay; and I don't like metal bands on watches. Guess I need to rethink in the coming weeks.

Mickey81

I would love to get one, but I'm going to probably wait until the next version comes out. I pretty much exclusively use Apple products, but agree it's worth the wait for the second version. Learned this with the iPad.

Clamman73

I'll definitely order one. I initially wanted the black stainless with black leather band but that config isn't available. The black stainless seems to only come with black stainless band for $1099 which is more than I'm willing to pay; and I don't like metal bands on watches. Guess I need to rethink in the coming weeks.
An option is to buy the black leather band separate for $149.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sage of Time

I really enjoy my apple products... but no desire to put a more expensive iPhone on my wrist. Especially one that can "tap" me and annoy me into looking at a screen. I'm a heavy iPhone user, but when that sucker is away, it's away.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I really enjoy my apple products... but no desire to put a more expensive iPhone on my wrist. Especially one that can "tap" me and annoy me into looking at a screen. I'm a heavy iPhone user, but when that sucker is away, it's away.

It is quite a bit cheaper than the iPhone. It starts at $349 vs $649 for an iPhone 6 (without subsidy form a carrier).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Third party bands for this thing are going to be really interesting to watch. It will be just like cases for iPhones, everyone will want to customize.
Yep I see a huge market for it. The Apple bands look beautiful though. Great see them exceeding what most of the traditional watch makers can do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom