The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

C'mon though - did you buy Jennifer Garner being married to Steve Carell?
IRL, she's married to Ben-flipping-Affleck!
Not a bit, but I still liked it. I didn't particularly have to have it on DVD, but my brother begged. And he rarely begs for something like that. He kept asking me when it would come out on DVD. For months. And I am his older sister who cannot say no when he begs like that. He's still sorta cute when he begs like that. Sorta.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
+
Got home about 20 minutes ago. This has been one big epic fail. After the tow truck broke down (it's been one of those days), we told security what was going on. Then I went in the school of business and found a custodian, who gave us trash bags, so the window and most of the inside is covered. Car is still at school. It's right in view of a security camera. Security said they will keep an eye on it and clear the snow off of it if it starts accumulating. And they won't ticket me for not having my hangtag. Since the window is open, they didn't want someone reaching in and stealing it.

Maybe we should turn on Alexander during the snow day tomorrow.

I'm so sorry. What an ugly day for you. I hope you got some homework done during the downtime. I remember the time I had trouble coming back from Wisconsin after dropping my DS and all his stuff off at college. I too finally left the key under the mat for the tow truck dude and had my DH pick me up. I didn't even begin to believe all the folk lore they spun. :cautious: Hope you have sweet dreams, glad you are finally home.
+

Gabe1

Not a bit, but I still liked it. I didn't particularly have to have it on DVD, but my brother begged. And he rarely begs for something like that. He kept asking me when it would come out on DVD. For months. And I am his older sister who cannot say no when he begs like that. He's still sorta cute when he begs like that. Sorta.

You really are a great Big Sis. :happy:

StarWarsGirl

Does this mean you want to smash his head with a brick?
I don't normally advocate violence; but in this case, I say "go for it". (Just be sure to step out of view of those security cameras, eh.)
My father is a lawyer, remember? No need to smash his head. The stupidity makes me want to hit my head against a wall.

This next bit should be fun (although he says he'll let AAA attempt to make it right before he plays the lawyer card).

Gabe1

The interesting thing about adding spices, is that they don't have to be hot to be flavorful. I don't like hot things either, but I really enjoy Mexican food--as long as it's toned down in the heat department. :hungry:

I'm right there with ya. Spice I love, heat I can't tolerate. I don't get the enjoyment of food that makes my senses implode and my eyes water. I want to taste wonderful things I don't want to suffer.

StarWarsGirl

+

I'm so sorry. What an ugly day for you. I hope you got some homework done during the downtime. I remember the time I had trouble coming back from Wisconsin after dropping my DS and all his stuff off at college. I too finally left the key under the mat for the tow truck dude and had my DH pick me up. I didn't even begin to believe all the folk lore they spun. :cautious: Hope you have sweet dreams, glad you are finally home.
+
Thanks.
Homework did not happen. I tried watching Big Hero 6 on my tablet and didn't even get through that. I was too anxious to worry about homework, especially before Mom got there. Not to mention I started crying when I found the window open. I'll most likely have the day off tomorrow (they're calling for 8-10 inches of snow) and I don't have classes on Fridays, so one assignment due Friday, two due Saturday, and a test on Monday. Nothing needed doing tonight.

Gabe1

Thanks.
Homework did not happen. I tried watching Big Hero 6 on my tablet and didn't even get through that. I was too anxious to worry about homework, especially before Mom got there. Not to mention I started crying when I found the window open. I'll most likely have the day off tomorrow (they're calling for 8-10 inches of snow) and I don't have classes on Fridays, so one assignment due Friday, two due Saturday, and a test on Monday. Nothing needed doing tonight.

What a sucidoodles day! BIG {{{HUGS}}}

Cesar R M

Warts and all. :hilarious:

Qcup11t.jpg
warts and all??

Cesar R M

Got home about 20 minutes ago. This has been one big epic fail. After the tow truck broke down (it's been one of those days), we told security what was going on. Then I went in the school of business and found a custodian, who gave us trash bags, so the window and most of the inside is covered. Car is still at school. It's right in view of a security camera. Security said they will keep an eye on it and clear the snow off of it if it starts accumulating. And they won't ticket me for not having my hangtag. Since the window is open, they didn't want someone reaching in and stealing it.

Maybe we should turn on Alexander during the snow day tomorrow.
wooow, talk about a bad day D:
and right when the car is supposed to be yours. :/

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm right there with ya. Spice I love, heat I can't tolerate. I don't get the enjoyment of food that makes my senses implode and my eyes water. I want to taste wonderful things I don't want to suffer.

I think part of the hot spice explanation for those who love it, is probably that those people grew up eating food with those types of hot spices and hot peppers. In my case, I really didn't even try anything hot/spicy until maybe my late teens, and I hated it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We're thinking of canceling our membership. Because the first time we used them, they towed the car to the wrong repair shop. Then the second time, they rescued me with a flat tire. No issues, they were there in 45 minutes, and they told me that the tire rim was damaged, which was helpful.

This time...ugh

What a lousey experience you had today. The odd thing about AAA across the country is that they all seem to be independent of one another, by region. It's (almost) like they are independent franchises or something, but I don't know. It just seems that way. For example, I wanted to buy a membership for a gift, for one of my brothers last year (he lives in NC). So I went to my local AAA office here in MA, and was told they only cover AAA Southern New England. Really? :confused: I thought that was odd. Then, I went to the web site for the AAA N.C. region, and found that their yearly premium was less than my area, and their coverage was somewhat similar, but not the same. Again, odd.

Hence, my best guess here is that it matters what region you are in, that determines how "good" AAA can be. As I've mentioned before, I thought they were great up here. They either use their own AAA labelled trucks, or they also contract out to private tow garages to go and get a car (I've had both experiences).

TomP

well, I survived Alaska.
The coldest was definitively Tracy's Arm.

I survived with the appropriate clothing.
but it was never below 0Celsius.

When the gigantic snow day happened in calgary, it was -10 I think. (record snow levels or so they said)
but I never went outside, I was inside the airport all the time.

ayup.. record snows on the day I was supposed to return.
thanks god only minor delays.
I don't really want to ever see snow again. Alas, we go to WV for Christmas and almost always end up snowed in for a couple of days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom