"Free" Dining Upgrade Question

H20Babie

Hey all, long time!

We're heading down to the World in September 2015 with my my brother's family and our parents. My question is, if we book a value resort with the free quick service dining, can we upgrade to the regular DDP for the cost difference?

We're currently booked at CBR and waiting for the PIN/promo later this spring as I had heard that last year's free quick service dining (value resort) couldn't be upgraded.

Thanks a bunch!

CAPTAIN HOOK

can we upgrade to the regular DDP for the cost difference?
Yes you can upgrade (Disney will always relieve you of some more dollars)

As for the cost difference - that's tricky. We got the free DP with our August 15 trip to AKL, yet if we wanted to upgrade we were quoted the full price for the DDP. Because what we had was free there was no cash value to it, so we would have to stump up the full amount for the upgrade

Upvote 0

redddallas

It's been a couple of years sine I've been to WDW and had the free dining. I thought that the free dining did have ts included. Have they changed this? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It's been a couple of years sine I've been to WDW and had the free dining. I thought that the free dining did have ts included. Have they changed this? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Since the added Quick Service dining plan a few years ago Value resorts only get the Quick Service plan for "free". It goes by which Catagory resort you are staying at. :)

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Since the added Quick Service dining plan a few years ago Value resorts only get the Quick Service plan for "free". It goes by which Catagory resort you are staying at. :)
And apparently it also depends on which part of the world you live in.

Last year UK guests were offered Free Dining for stays during 2015. A Deluxe Resort got you the DP, a Moderate Resort got you the QS, while a Value Resort didn't get you anything

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Original Poster
Thanks all. Reason for asking is that a family member is having some unexpected financial hardship, and with our current reservations, may have put the whole trip in jeopardy. I'm trying to work out the best alternatives.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Thanks all. Reason for asking is that a family member is having some unexpected financial hardship, and with our current reservations, may have put the whole trip in jeopardy. I'm trying to work out the best alternatives.

I don't know the financial condition of the rest of your party, but you might consider doing what we did with a family member on our last trip -- telling them a little white lie about the actual price (in our case, we claimed we were getting free dining even though we weren't, and fibbed a bit on the room cost) so they can go, and paying the overage yourself.

Either way, I'm sure your efforts to revamp the trip to make it feasible for everyone are well-appreciated! :)

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

For the difference in price could you not upgrade your resort and get the better dining plan

We made the move up to moderate resorts so we could get the better meal plan. It cost a couple of hundred dollars more than staying at a value and paying the difference. I dont know if you can no longer upgrade, but I know we have in the past. In '11 we stayed at the French Quarter with free dining and upgraded to deluxe.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

The answer is yes, if you get the Free Dining offer, you can always upgrade to a higher plan by paying the difference between the plan you were given as part of your package and the plan you are looking for, without changing your resort at all. Usually POFQ is excluded from discount offers and I can tell you the last Free Dining public offer (not with a PIN, bounceback etc) excluded not only POFQ but Riverside as well!!! I would tell you to stay as flexible as you can in terms of resorts that you are looking at, if you are looking for a specific discount. I hope this information helps!! Marie

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Original Poster
Thanks all; we've actually just downgraded to Pop with the QSDP as we'll be a party of 9 (5 adults, 1 teen and 3 children) and finances were becoming an issue for one of the families. Good to know we can upgrade the DDP if/when free dining come available and their finances improve.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom