The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

christmas-recipe-set-1.jpg

Cesar R M

My plans for today...

Star Wars. Episodes 4-6. All in a row.

A reward for the semester being over.

And I had a dental procedure done today and am expecting a migraine at any minute (Novocaine is a trigger for me:grumpy:) so that's all I'm going to feel like doing today.
time for paracetamol overdose?

DVCPluto

Personally, having used the system in January when it was semi crowded, and then not crowded at all, in June, when it was normal crowds, and then August, which ranged from heavy crowds to nothing at all, the more crowded it is, the more glitchy the system. It's glitchy all of the time I also don't recommend changing times on a Smartphone if you can avoid it. Go to a kiosk if you're in the park, or to the help center at your resort. I usually bring a laptop too.

Next time, if you have an issue, complain when it happens. They will probably do something for you. They have the ability to give extra FPs. But now that you're at home, use the form on their website and request a response. I've never once sent them an email and had them not respond. They're usually also usually pretty willing to do something for you for your troubles, especially if you're nice about it.

Glad you had a fun trip even with the FP+ glitchiness. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They needed a longer testing period before rolling it out to everyone

Thanks! We had such a good experience with FP+ last Jan., but it was still in the "testing" phase. I was just annoyed that they CM tried to talk down to me as if I didn't know what was going on. Guess I should have gone to the other FP+ location, but I didn't want to get more fired up and ruin my day. I was in MK, and that was what I decided to focus on.

Thanks so much for the link... I'll report back if I get any response.

The desserts everyone is posting are killing me! They look SO good. I think I may try to make those little trees @donaldtoo shared... hmmm.

StarWarsGirl

Thanks! We had such a good experience with FP+ last Jan., but it was still in the "testing" phase. I was just annoyed that they CM tried to talk down to me as if I didn't know what was going on. Guess I should have gone to the other FP+ location, but I didn't want to get more fired up and ruin my day. I was in MK, and that was what I decided to focus on.

Thanks so much for the link... I'll report back if I get any response.

The desserts everyone is posting are killing me! They look SO good. I think I may try to make those little trees @donaldtoo shared... hmmm.
FYI, Splash probably would have been fine. We went in early January last year, beginning the weekend after New Years, and even though it was in the 70s that day, all the water cannons were off and they lowered the water level. We didn't get wet at all:).

Sometimes I've used the contact form when down there to complain. Usually, they call me within a day or two.

Last January with the FP+ was great, at least for us. The only park that was 100% FP+ was AK, and we barely needed the FPs there, and the rest were still traditional paper FPs and then FP+ for resort guests. The thing is the friend that I took and I both had the cards as well as the MBs (I have an AP, she bought her pass separately from the room reservation), so we double dipped and when we used our paper FPs, we just slid our MBs in our pockets or under our jackets so that they weren't obvious to CMs (though I don't think double dipping was technically against the rules...). It was great. We did so much.:joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

I've mentioned this interesting juxtaposition of stores before.

View attachment 76533

And for fun, we have Party City on the right.
View attachment 76534
@Cesar R M - note the decided lack of snow.
The store next to our D's Sporting Goods went out of business. Hopefully, the next store there will not make things weird.

I do love D's, though. They are the only store that carries socks that I find comfortable, though I kept checking there to buy more over the summer (since I no longer wear flip flops in Disney on a daily basis...thanks for passing along weak ankles Mom) and they didn't have them in stock. Finally I went in yesterday and they had them. Bought two six-packs. They also carry a lot of Orioles and Ravens stuff, at least near us.

FutureCEO

The store next to our D's Sporting Goods went out of business. Hopefully, the next store there will not make things weird.

I do love D's, though. They are the only store that carries socks that I find comfortable, though I kept checking there to buy more over the summer (since I no longer wear flip flops in Disney on a daily basis...thanks for passing along weak ankles Mom) and they didn't have them in stock. Finally I went in yesterday and they had them. Bought two six-packs. They also carry a lot of Orioles and Ravens stuff, at least near us.

That first sentence could be a good one for Match.com

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
In news

--The events in Sydney are over

Sydney is chilling as the details are rolling out

Have not heard if the person of interest :in pain: has been caught in Penselyviana yet. Last I heard not.

Today, a loud alarm was going off, it was the over ride on my phone for an Amber Alert. Some stepdad stole his 7 & 9 year old stepdaughters. I want to make patio furniture out of him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom