The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I wasn't offered any rehab time after surgery. I had to figure everything out on my own. I could go into detail about the things one has to figure out how to do, but, just for the sake of explanation, try putting on socks when you can't bend your leg.
Bet it made you thankful you get to stand to pee.
Imagine getting on and off the can a dozen times a day.

seahawk7

In second grade, I got a tooth stuck in my head :rolleyes:
the-office-poor-toby_fb_1441247.jpg

I'm sorry! I didn't see the small print! For the record, I do not want to smash your face.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So when I was in school, I had a professor who said that coloring in coloring books with crayons helped relieve her stress in graduate school. I have heard this many times since.

My DD graduated from University of Illinois-Champaign/Urbana and during finals they had coloring tables set up along with playdoh and silly putty tables and a few other tables set up to help relieve tension during finals. Silly fun.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Guess what I get to do tomorrow. We get to make our dining reservations for WDW! Any ideas for me based on what you guys like? For sure we are are doing my DS favorite: Biergarten, my fav: Via Napoli, and DD fav: Gospel Brunch at House of Blues.
I did fairly comprehensive reviews of our dining experiences in this thread, 11/1-11/11.
Many pics were included.
Hands down winners for SIL and me - The Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoossee's, and the Wave.
Hubby gave the edge, by a very narrow margin to Narcoossee's, then oh-so closely followed by The Yachtsman.

For us, Via Napoli was good, but no longer great. The atmosphere has declined every single visit to the point that it may just be a skip next trip.

On the other hand, Raglan Road has absolutely redeemed itself.

The 50's is the 50's. Slightly better than average food plus great fun, depending on your server, makes for an entertaining evening.

Kona is not to be missed for brekkie for us.

We skipped 'Ohana this trip, in favour of San Angel Inn, which we enjoyed so much, we went a second time a few days later.

Liberty Tree Tavern, while not the best use of a TS Dining Credit for lunch, is so wonderful that we use one anyway. Can you say Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake?

Hoop Dee Doo was wonderful. The food was okay, but the show was great. May not necessarily be worth the price if you don't drink - SIL and I don't, Hubby felt gypped with two small mugs, when nearby tables were gettings two pitchers at a time. This was our third trip since 2006. Every four years seems about right for this experience.

I also included pics and reviews of most of our CS meals as well. Hands down winner - Shrimp Po'Boy at POFQ.
(Minus the tomato, of course.)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My grandfather had a knee replacement and he was out of the hospital in a couple days, in his 80s.

As for me I broke my wrist, badly apparently because I have a plate in it. Took me a couple months to relearn how to use it. My dominate arm too, well, mostly dominate arm. I finally broke my 7 year curse last year because usually I break or sprain the same wrist every 7 years.

Ouch. My husband spent months in the hospital when he was in middle school was hit by a car and snapped his leg in half. He is bolted together and when he blew out many parts of his knee and severed completely his ACL playing softball it was the same leg. Lots of therapy.

seahawk7

I did fairly comprehensive reviews of our dining experiences in this thread, 11/1-11/11.
Many pics were included.
Hands down winners for SIL and me - The Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoossee's, and the Wave.
Hubby gave the edge, by a very narrow margin to Narcoossee's, then oh-so closely followed by The Yachtsman.

For us, Via Napoli was good, but no longer great. The atmosphere has declined every single visit to the point that it may just be a skip next trip.

On the other hand, Raglan Road has absolutely redeemed itself.

The 50's is the 50's. Slightly better than average food plus great fun, depending on your server, makes for an entertaining evening.

Kona is not to be missed for brekkie for us.

We skipped 'Ohana this trip, in favour of San Angel Inn, which we enjoyed so much, we went a second time a few days later.

Liberty Tree Tavern, while not the best use of a TS Dining Credit for lunch, is so wonderful that we use one anyway. Can you say Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake?

Hoop Dee Doo was wonderful. The food was okay, but the show was great. May not necessarily be worth the price if you don't drink - SIL and I don't, Hubby felt gypped with two small mugs, when nearby tables were gettings two pitchers at a time. This was our third trip since 2006. Every four years seems about right for this experience.

I also included pics and reviews of most of our CS meals as well. Hands down winner - Shrimp Po'Boy at POFQ.
(Minus the tomato, of course.)
Yes I remember the wonderful pictures of steak.
We might try the Kong for breakfast.
We too skipped Ohana for San Angel so I need to make a reservation for there.
Do you need to dress up for Yachtsman or Narcoossee's?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Do you need to dress up for Yachtsman or Narcoossee's?
A little. Hubby wore long pants and a collared, solid colour golf shirt.
SIL and I just wore capris, with a slightly dressier top.

In all, maybe 10% of the folks were dressier, 50% were definitely in "park attire", and the remaining 40% were dressed to the same degree we were.

Both are Signature Dining, so keep in mind if you are using the DDP, they both require 2 credits/person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom