Zootopia Coming March 2016

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Stole this from Twitter posts... I will post more official info once it is on news sites.

Zootopia is a buddy action comedy in animal world where humans never existed.

Animals in a modern world designed by animals.

Bambi, Jungle Book, Dumbo, Lion King, Robin Hood - all inspiration for Zootopia.

Imagineer Joe Rohde was consulted for Zootopia. And Bob Iger nearly got eaten by a lion.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Inside the Magic has posted a rundown of the Zootopia announcement along with all the the other Animated films talked about today.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Zootopia concept art - From Disney -"A fast-talking fox is framed for a crime he didn’t commit in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Zootopia” (working title)—in theaters in 2016."

1146446_589435947764401_855526578_n.jpg

Magenta Panther

I suppose it'll be in CGI...sigh...

Still, it'll be good to see Disney get back into talking animals. Too many recent Disney movie toons have focused on humans.

It'll definitely be CGI since the traditional animation department and many long time Disney vets were shown the door several months back. Disney was cutting ties with everyone from that department, only a handful of traditional animators remain. That department is unfortunately dead for the time being. =(

Thrill

It'll definitely be CGI since the traditional animation department and many long time Disney vets were shown the door several months back. Disney was cutting ties with everyone from that department, only a handful of traditional animators remain. That department is unfortunately dead for the time being. =(

Hey, didn't this exact thing happen something like 10 years ago?

I don't know what this company believes anymore. They like hand-drawn, they don't, they like it again, they don't know how to market it anymore. What.

Hey, didn't this exact thing happen something like 10 years ago?

I don't know what this company believes anymore. They like hand-drawn, they don't, they like it again, they don't know how to market it anymore. What.

Actually something did happen like this ten years ago. It actually happens quite often. The only difference is that the company never parted with any of the main animators that they had. They could'nt afford to lose them to Dreamworks or other competition. This time around...it didn't matter. I know that Mark Goldberg and Mark Henn were all still employed as of 3 months ago, but the other big names were shown the door. Andreas Deja and Glen Keane both left on their own and there are zero projects in the 2D pipeline.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
From Entertainment Weekly -
On March 4, 2016, the studio will launch Zootopia, which takes place in a world full of anthropomorphic animals and is about a rabbit cop and a fox accused of a crime. At the D23 Expo in 2013, Disney revealed that Zootopia has neighborhoods like Tundratown, Sahara Square, Little Rodenta, and Burrowborough, and is hope to The Wall Street Gerbil. “One of the key concepts is if you squint at any frame of film you might think you’re looking at an animal in a natural environment,” said director Byron Howard, who also helmed Tangled.

Sped2424

From Entertainment Weekly -
On March 4, 2016, the studio will launch Zootopia, which takes place in a world full of anthropomorphic animals and is about a rabbit cop and a fox accused of a crime. At the D23 Expo in 2013, Disney revealed that Zootopia has neighborhoods like Tundratown, Sahara Square, Little Rodenta, and Burrowborough, and is hope to The Wall Street Gerbil. “One of the key concepts is if you squint at any frame of film you might think you’re looking at an animal in a natural environment,” said director Byron Howard, who also helmed Tangled.
I am really not looking forward to this film. They haven't had the best track record in recent years with anthropometric human like animals.

Mickey_777

I think it could be good as long as they get the storytelling right (most important thing). I don't like Moana and Zootopia hitting theatres in the same year. At least to me, it'll seem like they're loosing that once a year "Disney animation event" feeling. Maybe I'm weird like that.

Sped2424

I think it could be good as long as they get the storytelling right (most important thing). I don't like Moana and Zootopia hitting theatres in the same year. At least to me, it'll seem like they're loosing that once a year "Disney animation event" feeling. Maybe I'm weird like that.
It's a weird schedule thing. 2 pixar films in 2015 no disney animation films. Then 2 disney animation films in 2016 and 1 pixar film. Then I don't believe any planned films for 2017.

Bairstow

Chicken little, home on the range. Both absolutely terrible. And this seems very like chicken little, where the animals are not animals.

Yeah, there hasn't really been a good animals-wearing-clothing Disney movie since Rescuers Down Under

...unless we count things like the Goofy Movie. They are dogs, right?

Matt_Black

Yeah, there hasn't really been a good animals-wearing-clothing Disney movie since Rescuers Down Under

...unless we count things like the Goofy Movie. They are dogs, right?

Well from WDAS, yes, I suppose that's true. However, technically the only animals-wearing-clothes movie since RDU was Chicken Little. TECHNICALLY, I suppose you could count Winnie the Pooh, as well.

FoozieBear

This won't be like Chicken Little. Disney has moved beyond that. Just because it's about a bunch of talking animals, doesn't mean it's automatically terrible. I have faith in WDAS, following the superb acts of their previous movies.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/10/zootopia-first-look

zootopia.jpg

Our lead characters- con artist Nick Wilde (voiced by Jason Bateman) and rookie cop Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin).

According to Rich Moore (Wreck-It Ralph) who directs the film along with Byron Howard (Tangled), the film centers on two animals ”who would naturally never hang out or like one another in the beginning, but over the course of the movie develop a relationship and become friends.” Like all good buddy-cop films, the two put aside their differences after they realize they need each other.

Matt_Black

Jason Bateman was rumored to be in this long before the official announcement, and he's delightful. Ginny should be great too, as she's pretty awesome on Once Upon a Time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom