30 Days of Disney - Day 22 - most underrated movie

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

I don't think I can pick just one! Bedknobs and Broomsticks (obviously!), Child of Glass, Pollyanna, Babes in Toyland, Swiss Family Robinson, Summer Magic, The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Pete's Dragon, Newsies, Hercules, and The Emperor's New Groove I thought were all great movies but they don't seem as popular today. :(

Figaro928

No, I'm going with Treasure Planet. Gorgeous animation and character design, and this was the first Treasure Island adaptation where Jim lets Silver go and I don't say to myself, "Jim, you're a schmuck; he played you!" In this, that ending is totally earned. Plus, Captain Amalia is AWESOME.

We just watched Treasure Planet for the first time on a whim (anything to get away from watching frozen again) Oh man - it was AMAZING! Entertaining, engaging, and visually compelling. My husband usually hates cartoon movies, but he even said that they should rerelease it to big screens and find a new audience. Our whole family thoroughly enjoyed it - especially my son, whose name is Ben. He has a new favorite robot!

IowaHawks7

Honestly I feel like Bambi is underrated. Its one of the best animated cinematic adventures ever but always kinda seems overlooked when people think of Disney, especially when they think of that age of Disney animation and Snow White and Pinocchio come up in conversation.

Private Duck

Hercules

Honorable Mention: WALL-E & The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad (may not qualify though since it's an animated musical feature).

Matt_Black

I really think Tarzan is underrated. I loved the music and the way the "cameras" flew through the trees following Tarzan.

I'm torn on qualifying Tarzan. For over ten years, it was WDAS's third-highest grossing animated film (right behind Lion King and Aladdin) and was only recently knocked out by Tangled and Wreck-it Ralph. If it made that much money...

On the other hand, if you look at the numbers, it appears the lion's share of that money was made in foreign markets, so it's quite possible that it's underrated here in the States.

My husband usually hates cartoon movies, but he even said that they should rerelease it to big screens and find a new audience.

I was talking with a CM at the AoA gift shop last year, and Treasure Planet came up, and she said, "They should really re-release that in 3D, because that would be perfect." I was in total agreement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom