The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I did not stop doing anything after the Ebola cases in Dallas, but I was fairly concerned. I am hoping its all nipped in the bud at this point. I live just north of Dallas and while I am not worried about Ebola floating around in the air just looking for someone, I do take issue with some of the decision making skills of those at Dallas Presby. I do wonder how many people Eric Duncan may have had contact with on the way to the hospital that first time and on the way home after he was release with a "sinus infection". Who is gonna be worried about being quarantined and NOT report their illness? Who could perhaps have been exposed to someone that was in contact with Duncan and takes a trip up the road a few minuets and decides to sneeze and not cover their nose and give me a good spray? To top it off, I have a yearly appointment for blood work in an office that is just across the light rail tracks from Dallas Presby. I know its unlikely there will be any issue, but it will sure be on my mind the whole time I am down there.

I am not going to hide in the attic or anything, but I am also not going to blow off the seriousness of this cootie.

Things better be under control by December 2015, because I don't want my 6 night DCL trip impacted at all. :)

Precisely my points - I'm not going to hide under a rock but I'm sure not going to use public transit if I do not HAVE to.

The good thing is a company in Colorado has come up with a 15 minute Ebola test which works like a pregnancy test, Now if only the FDA will remove it's head from its rectum and approve this test for use. The ONE thing which will help calm the public is RAPID testing of those potentially infected, If someone gets sick in a public place a test the first responders can administer and rapidly triage the situation would really help damp down the panic and/or ensure a swift and appropriate response from an Ebola team.

The other really WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT moment with Dallas Presbyterian is they actually HAVE the device the Military/CDC is using to test for Ebola. BUT WAIT FOR IT, The FDA DID NOT and WILL ALLOW THEM TO TEST FOR EBOLA because the device is not 'Approved' yet for Ebola testing. From DefenseOne which is a DoD oriented blog.

http://www.defenseone.com/threats/2...creening-machine-military-using-africa/96713/

Right now is the time when regulations need to be set aside for the duration of this public health emergency, If not POTUS/Congress needs to act and set aside these regulations while they protect us in normal times, this is not normal.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Now that MyMagic+ has pretty much screwed the Disney Touring Plan business, I think a new line of business could be coming up with WDWMagic touring plans - how to manage to keep on top of the threads without spending half your day in front of a screen.

Speed reading courses :) and yes I am one!

FigmentJedi

First actual concept art and summary for Moana is up. Five bucks says Tiki Room Florida is gonna get some new management again, though probably a smidge more tasteful then last time.

tumblr_ndr3zyrDcD1qa2r95o1_1280.jpg

From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes Moana, a sweeping, CG-animated comedy-adventure about a spirited teenager on an impossible mission to fulfill her ancestors’ quest. A born navigator, Moana sets sail from the ancient South Pacific islands of Oceania in search of a fabled island. During her incredible journey, she teams up with her hero, the legendary demi-god Maui, to traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous sea creatures, breathtaking underworlds and ancient folklore. Directed by the renowned filmmaking team of Ron Clements and John Musker, Moana arrives in theaters in late 2016.

cheezbat

Just saw this video of Mickey Mouse on vacation to Russia with some of his pals from Universal. Don't know what the guy had done to deserve a beating, presumably he was criticising MyMagic on a message board:

So this is what Mickey does on vacation? Or is Disney and Universal bullying their way into getting resorts built in Russia?

truecoat

Right now is the time when regulations need to be set aside for the duration of this public health emergency, If not POTUS/Congress needs to act and set aside these regulations while they protect us in normal times, this is not normal.

It's not a public health emergency. If we have what looks like a serious outbreak then it would be but right now it's not much of anything except hysteria.

Cesar R M

Precisely my points - I'm not going to hide under a rock but I'm sure not going to use public transit if I do not HAVE to.

The good thing is a company in Colorado has come up with a 15 minute Ebola test which works like a pregnancy test, Now if only the FDA will remove it's head from its rectum and approve this test for use. The ONE thing which will help calm the public is RAPID testing of those potentially infected, If someone gets sick in a public place a test the first responders can administer and rapidly triage the situation would really help damp down the panic and/or ensure a swift and appropriate response from an Ebola team.

The other really WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT moment with Dallas Presbyterian is they actually HAVE the device the Military/CDC is using to test for Ebola. BUT WAIT FOR IT, The FDA DID NOT and WILL ALLOW THEM TO TEST FOR EBOLA because the device is not 'Approved' yet for Ebola testing. From DefenseOne which is a DoD oriented blog.

http://www.defenseone.com/threats/2...creening-machine-military-using-africa/96713/

the tests always needs to be approved due of :

a) damage to the recipients.
b) rate of accuracy.

You cant really expect a prototype or barely tested thing to be approved instantly.

Because then.. there will be others screaming conspiracy on how the FDA is approving everything and will use citizens as test rabbits.

jakeman

the tests always needs to be approved due of :

a) damage to the recipients.
b) rate of accuracy.

You cant really expect a prototype or barely tested thing to be approved instantly.

Because then.. there will be others screaming conspiracy on how the FDA is approving everything and will use citizens as test rabbits.
Especially since that has happened in the past:

Tuskegee Experiment

Of course, bad things happen when there is no FDA also:

Elixir of Sulfanilamide

PhotoDave219

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom