Apple Mac OS X talk

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Got questions, comments, news or information to share about Apple OSX, laptops and desktops? This thread is for you.

Voxel

President of Progress City

BigTxEars

I started using Apples back in 86 with a Apple IIc, then moved along with them thru the years. I broke off for the Commodore Amiga for a while as well. Been with OS X since day one, came over from OS 9 on a clamshell iBook :)

The last couple of versions of OS X have been more buggy than any before IMO. Still light years ahead of Windows but I am concerned with what I have seen lately from OS X.

Want a horror story? Bought Apple stock at $22, sold at $44 thinking I was da man.....of course when it was in the $600+ range I cried...alot....on the inside of course :)

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
@wdwmagic I guess this is probably the best place to ask for this, but can we do a linux talk forum too? We can burry it in the dark corner of the forum, because I think it will only be myself and 2 others interested...:(

lazyboy97o

Apple sent out the invites for October 16. I'm already using Yosemite but will be interested in any updates on what to expect in Apple's apps. Hopefully iCloud Drive will start working properly with a full roll out of Yosemite and iOS 8.1. Text expansion has not been syncing since the Public Betas were rolled out.

Voxel

Apple sent out the invites for October 16. I'm already using Yosemite but will be interested in any updates on what to expect in Apple's apps. Hopefully iCloud Drive will start working properly with a full roll out of Yosemite and iOS 8.1. Text expansion has not been syncing since the Public Betas were rolled out.
I have been avoiding iDrive, it's just been buggy. But other then that and slow boots I have been a big fan on Yosemite.

Voxel

The problems with syncing occurred when I upgraded to Yosemite, well before I activated iCloud Drive.
Interesting, could be related to how iWork was working, Sync wasn't working between os or mobile unless you were on iOS 8 beta and Yosemite as both your platforms.

lazyboy97o

Decided to do a clean reinstall of Yosemite on my MacBook Pro and am very happy. It originally shipped with Leopard and had definitely accumulated a lot of bloat over the years. It feels like a new machine. Really annoyed that Parallels seems to lock up being able to redownload, as my iMac, which is not nearly as old, could also probably benefit from a fresh installation.

FutureCEO

Thanks. Ever since I installed Maverick..my fan is running too hot....startup is slower. So we'll see if this was the problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom