Skull Island: Reign of Kong from construction to opening

Mike S

Original Poster
Pictures say 1,000 words. Credit goes to darkridelover on Orlando United.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

It really is exciting. Back to back E Tickets with only a 1 year wait. I can't wait for the release of concept art and an official announcement, also to see what the AA's will be like :)
Are there going to be any AA's? The ride part of Gringotts didn't have any (queue and surrounding area has some nice ones but I like when the ride itself has a lot).

Mike S

Original Poster
Are there going to be any AA's? The ride part of Gringotts didn't have any (queue and surrounding area has some nice ones but I like when the ride itself has a lot).
All the Universal insiders have been saying the ride itself will have AA's and I trust them.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

All the Universal insiders hasve been saying the ride itself will have AA's and I trust them.
Gringotts and Forbidden Journey were going to have more AA's early on in their design process I believe. You'll have to ask whylightbulb and others who know better, but it has stated there's more emphasis on video screens in current and future rides than in the past. I really don't know if plans have changed regarding Kong.

Mike S

Original Poster
Gringotts and Forbidden Journey were going to have more AA's early on in their design process I believe. You'll have to ask whylightbulb and others who know better, but it has stated there's more emphasis on video screens in current and future rides than in the past. I really don't know if plans have changed regarding Kong.
I hope they haven't changed. I want a huge AA of the big guy at least somewhere in the ride.

cheezbat

From what I've heard, this one is going to have a few...as well as screens.
(Still hoping we get a big Kong AA too)

Mike S

Original Poster
From what I've heard, this one is going to have a few...as well as screens.
(Still hoping we get a big Kong AA too)
If there are AA's at all I think one of Kong would be a given. Honestly I'm expecting it to be like Forbidden Journey as far as mixing screens with AA's and physical sets but the screens are 3D.

BigTxEars

If there are AA's at all I think one of Kong would be a given. Honestly I'm expecting it to be like Forbidden Journey as far as mixing screens with AA's and physical sets but the screens are 3D.

I would prefer a Jurassic Park like ride, big AA at the end (but much bigger than at JP) and a thrill drop type ending :)

Mike S

Original Poster
I would prefer a Jurassic Park like ride, big AA at the end (but much bigger than at JP) and a thrill drop type ending :)
I remember reading that this ride won't have a height requirement (can anyone back this up? @HTF?) so I'm not expecting any thrills other than the scenery and action around you. My comparison to FJ was only for the mixed use of AA's and screens, not the ride system.

BigTxEars

I remember reading that this ride won't have a height requirement (can anyone back this up? @HTF?) so I'm not expecting any thrills other than the scenery and action around you. My comparison to FJ was only for the mixed use of AA's and screens, not the ride system.

Oh I know, just giving my wish list. I think KK fits in a boat down a mysterious river type ride perfectly. I would rather see him there than in a urban setting for example. I would hate to see they do a remake of Transformers with KK installed. I just think "size" when I think KK and I want it in perspective to something real for comparison. Looking up from a boat at a giant KK in a jungle setting would be awesome....with drum beating....some smoke/mist on the water.....oh yeah :)

Mike S

Original Poster
Oh I know, just giving my wish list. I think KK fits in a boat down a mysterious river type ride perfectly. I would rather see him there than in a urban setting for example. I would hate to see they do a remake of Transformers with KK installed. I just think "size" when I think KK and I want it in perspective to something real for comparison. Looking up from a boat at a giant KK in a jungle setting would be awesome....with drum beating....some smoke/mist on the water.....oh yeah :)
So you want something like this then? The art isn't official.
image.jpg

danpam1024

WoW!!!! Do you think they'll be putting up larger walls soon? I can't imaging they'll want guests to be able to see so much:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom