The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

NearTheEars

If someone were to campaign hard enough and the film's subject matter catered to the tastes of the Academy, yes. I just hope it's a film of merit because Oscar doesn't necessarily denote it as has been seen with "The King's Speech", "The Artist" and "Argo" in recent years. It would be a sad day for the medium if the first animated feature that won best picture was like those aforementioned.

I quite liked "The King's Speech"

misterID

That figures. You know, I hate to say this...but I'm beginning to agree with others here, that it would be a good thing if OLC bought WDW. Japan seems to value, respect and get inspired by Disney in a way that TDO does not. Only dollar signs inspire that gang of corporate stooges.
I've been saying that for years. But I think they're more concentrated in bringing people to their Asian resorts, not keeping people in the States.

If their growth keeps happening, and their resorts get multiple parks, people start making more plans to visit DLR, and more Disney vacantions are being shotened to devote days to UNI, it will be interesting to see what happens to WDW as their major dependence will be specifically hinged on South American and UK guests, and eventually depening on SA economy, they moght actually have to depend on *gasp* locals and APers.

Animaniac93-98

Not sure where to put this with so many MB/MM+/FP+ threads, but:

If you insist and ask nicely enough you can get a KTTW card instead of a Magic Band for your resort with a seperate RFID enabled card for admission media. I preferred this to having to wear or carry around a MB all day.

the.dreamfinder

Some evening reading:
Did you know Cars wasn't initially John Lasseter's idea? http://www.cartoonbrew.com/animator...en-debuts-his-first-english-album-103760.html

Here's another chart for @ParentsOf4 , it should probably give Burbank some pause.
http://nytimes.com/2014/09/17/upshot/you-cant-feed-a-family-with-gdp.html
image.jpg

Last edited:

BrianLo

The real issue is having the images and ads (with zero substance) everywhere, every single time. Its like almost all the news are about Frozen or Frozen products and blasting the Let it go song. (not to mention the annoying "but..but.. its the best Disney film ever" yeaaaahh nope..)

It's been two decades since the renaissance that we forget this was always Disney's M.O. It's just been so long since a serious out-and-out hit that we aren't used to them hawking one property. The one thing that made things easier was the fact the next year was followed by another equally breakout movie - one to take over the craze. Disney needs the "next Frozen" animated hit so that this one can take a step back.

Unfortunately, I don't think they actually have a musical coming up until possibly Moana in 2018. Get used to Frozen driving you crazy until then. Into the Woods might benefit though if they can position it correctly.

GiveMeTheMusic

It's been two decades since the renaissance that we forget this was always Disney's M.O. It's just been so long since a serious out-and-out hit that we aren't used to them hawking one property. The one thing that made things easier was the fact the next year was followed by another equally breakout movie - one to take over the craze. Disney needs the "next Frozen" animated hit so that this one can take a step back.

Unfortunately, I don't think they actually have a musical coming up until possibly Moana in 2018. Get used to Frozen driving you crazy until then. Into the Woods might benefit though if they can position it correctly.

There will be no parks tie-ins for Woods. Giants is a musical, but it's hard to imagine that it will take off like Frozen did. Guess we'll see!

BrianLo

There will be no parks tie-ins for Woods. Giants is a musical, but it's hard to imagine that it will take off like Frozen did. Guess we'll see!

That's good to hear. Using Marvel seemed like the better bet last year, but a musical to ride Frozen coat-tails is probably what they secretly wish they had coming out this Holiday.

Disney Animation is so unpredictable. When they grow too confident they underwhelm with Pocahontas, when production is troubled suddenly we have things that perform like Frozen or Lion King. The only thing that's truly predictable is their absolute turds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom