Disney's "A Wrinkle in Time" Trailer is here!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
From Entertainment Weekly -

Jennifer Lee, one of the minds behind Disney’s 2013 hit Frozen, is officially set to adapt Madeleine L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time to the big screen for Disney, Variety reports.

A Wrinkle in Time, first published in 1962, is a fantasy young adult novel that follows a brother and sister as they travel through time and space looking for their missing father, encountering strange beings and planets along the way. The book has already made its way to the screen once: Disney distributed a Canadian-made adaptation in 2004.

With Frozen, Lee became the first female to direct a Disney animated feature—and she (along with Chris Buck) later won an Oscar for the film. She also co-wrote 2012’s Wreck-It Ralph.

NiarrNDisney

I just read this on Facebook thanks for sharing! :)

I wonder if the movie does well enough if they would consider making the other books in the series (though #2 A Wind in the Door was certainly not my favorite)

lebeau

I haven't read the books since grade school and I barely remember them. But I do remember I enjoyed them immensely as a kid and I'm excited to hear Disney is taking a crack at them. I enjoyed Frozen and Wreck It Ralph so it sounds like this has a good chance of being done right.

Mr Disney Geek

I'm just gonna give an update of the info I know because the concept of Disney doing this really interests me.
OKAY, So the film rights were originally purchased by Disney in 2010, almost four years ago. The original writer, Jeff Stockwell, hired to write the screenplay, was responsible for the live action remake for Alice in Wonderland. Now rumor has it (purely rumor) according to the producers & other people involved with this project it is supposedly live action, or was originally supposed to be. It was also given a disgustingly low budget of 30 million dollars. (aka Bridge to Terebithia) [in relation to Alice in Wonderland's 200 million dollar budget due to CGI films, other CGI film budgets include OZ the great & powerful @ 250 Million, Maleficent 180 million] So, originally, as of 2010 it was supposed to be a live-action film, I have absolutely no idea if this is still the case considering they have put on a writer thats known for her animated screenplay work with Disney. My major point is, for a film that takes place in space, it would need alot of CGI so how this would be possible for it to look to the best of its ability on a 30 million dollar budget I dont know. But obviously with time things have changed, I can't wait to see what's in store. Thanks for letting me rant on. Sorry if any of this is slightly inaccurate, just trying to share what I know. Anything anybody else knows would be awesome to hear about :)

Bairstow

Lower budgets suit me fine.
Oz might have cost a quarter of a billion dollars, but the CG effects work on that film looked awful.

Bairstow

Are you serious? I thought the CGI was beautiful.
The script & story were eh, but it was truly visually stunning!

Dead serious.

Check out the garbage horses walking down the hill at 0:30

The only special effect I liked in that movie were the scenes of the china doll when she's an actual marionette.

Mr Disney Geek

Dead serious.

Check out the garbage horses walking down the hill at 0:30

The only special effect I liked in that movie were the scenes of the china doll when she's an actual marionette.

iI makes me sad that you think the work they did in both of these major scenes (as well as the opening scenes pre-oz) was terrible. It makes me even more sad that your focus was drawn to the horses when there was other beautiful scenery around. I think you keep forgetting that that film was almost completely imaginary, and they translated it to the screen beautifully. Again, the story was nothing short of average, but it was visually stunning. However, your opinion is your opinion.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Casting info -

“A Wrinkle in Time” tessers into production tomorrow in Los Angeles starring Oprah Winfrey as Mrs. Which, Reese Witherspoon as Mrs. Whatsit, Mindy Kaling as Mrs. Who, Chris Pine as Mr. Murry, Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Mrs. Murry, Zach Galifianakis as The Happy Medium, André Holland as Principal Jenkins, Levi Miller as Calvin, Deric McCabe as Charles Wallace, and introducing Storm Reid as the iconic literary character Meg Murry.

Bellamy Young, Rowan Blanchard and Will McCormack round out the highly acclaimed cast.

14947814_1143003095809435_5839222433655119709_n.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
First look - http://ew.com/movies/a-wrinkle-in-time-first-look-photos/chris-pine-as-mr-murry/

“Chris is the first full-on heart-throb type of actor that I’ve ever worked with,” DuVernay notes. “That’s how the world sees him. But I always just saw a damn good actor. I saw Z for Zachariah and Hell or High Water, and I just knew I wanted him because I saw, that dude’s got chops.”

upload_2017-7-12_10-39-49.png

http://ew.com/movies/2017/07/12/a-w...l&xid=socialflow_facebook_entertainmentweekly

“My whole process with this film was, what if? With these women, I wondered, could we make them women of different ages, body types, races? Could we bring in culture, bring in history in their costumes? And in the women themselves, could we just reflect a fuller breadth of femininity?”

upload_2017-7-12_10-37-17.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom