FP+ at MNSSHP

kimbermouse

Original Poster
Our window to book fp+ for October just opened yesterday and I was not able to get Anna and Elsa meet and greet, any parade preferred viewings, or 7DMT! :mad: Will they all be open for the MNSSHP?

JohnD

Here is info about the party: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Can't speak to Anna and Elsa M&G, although there are all kinds of M&G at the party (e.g. Snow White and all 7 Dwarfs). There will be a HalloWishes fireworks show and "Boo To You" Parade. Select rides will also be open, including 7DMT.

FP+ is not used during the party. Just walk on and ride. The park officially closes and the party officially begins at 7pm. HOWEVER, you can enter as early as 4:00 pm. If you're not planning on being in any other park that day, you could squeeze in three FP+ between 4:00 and 7:00. (4-5, 5-6, 6-7). This would require you enter via valid park admission for the day, though. At 7:00, find a CM to check you in with your MNSSHP ticket. If you don't do so, trust me, a CM will track you down.

Or visit another park, then schedule your next FP+ for MK via kiosk between 4 and 7, again as long as you have valid day admission to MK. Then get as many as you think you can get via kiosk until the park closes.

Last edited:

Disneydreamer23

I would Keep Checking back for A and E , trust me ! It has worked for many people. If you go During a party the wait will be outrageous. When I went to MNNSHP in 2011 there was a 400 minute wait for the 7 dwarfs. Granted they are not out as MUCH as A & E that is still quite a wait!

Daxiegirl

If you're not planning on being in any other park that day, you could squeeze in three FP+ between 4:00 and 7:00. (4-5, 5-6, 6-7). This would require you enter via valid park admission for the day, though. .

Uh oh, really? You can't just enter at 4 with your MNSSHP tickets and use times you've booked?
How did I miss this technicality? I think I don't understand as much as I thought....rats!
Thanks for the heads up....that would have been a baaad situation.

JohnD

Uh oh, really? You can't just enter at 4 with your MNSSHP tickets and use times you've booked?
How did I miss this technicality? I think I don't understand as much as I thought....rats!

I sense sarcasm. Didn't initially say that but edited the post to spell it out. Didn't want to be accused of giving inaccurate info.

TheMouseFan

I'm pretty sure you can enter at 4 with your party ticket and not have to use a regular day ticket. I have never personally done it, but have read many accounts on here of it happening that way. You can link your party ticket to MDE and it gives you the ability to book 3 FP+ just like with any other ticket.

stevehousse

Yes u can! Party tickets allow entry starting at 4pm...u can also schedule FP+ but u will have to try and schedule them from 4-7pm...worked for us last year at the Xmas party!

JohnD

Yes u can! Party tickets allow entry starting at 4pm...u can also schedule FP+ but u will have to try and schedule them from 4-7pm...worked for us last year at the Xmas party!

I'm pretty sure you can enter at 4 with your party ticket and not have to use a regular day ticket. I have never personally done it, but have read many accounts on here of it happening that way. You can link your party ticket to MDE and it gives you the ability to book 3 FP+ just like with any other ticket.

Are you sure? I don't really think you can schedule FP+ on a party ticket, especially since the party officially starts at 7:00 where there is no FP+. Allowing entry at 4:00 is just a means to control crowd flow of entry/exit for party goers and regular park attendees. Perhaps if you already had a means to enter for the day already, whether one day pass, AP, or multi-day pass. Okay, then maybe you don't need to enter via your MB, pass, or ticket to take advantage of FP+ during that time.

However, if your only ticket for that day is the party ticket--no AP, no multi-day pass--just the ticket for the party, can you really schedule FP+ between 4 and 7?

kimbermouse

Original Poster
We are AP holders so getting in the park isn't an issue and we also have the party tickets already. What I mean't is that the fastpasses are unavailable for the day before when we were trying to schedule them. I was hoping the A & E meet and greet would be at the MNSSHP. I have been to the party in the past and understand that there are no fast passes during it. I will keep checking back to try and get them. I know that A and E wait will be horrendous even at the party. I really do not understand the hype about Frozen!

stevehousse

Are you sure? I don't really think you can schedule FP+ on a party ticket, especially since the party officially starts at 7:00 where there is no FP+. Allowing entry at 4:00 is just a means to control crowd flow of entry/exit for party goers and regular park attendees. Perhaps if you already had a means to enter for the day already, whether one day pass, AP, or multi-day pass. Okay, then maybe you don't need to enter via your MB, pass, or ticket to take advantage of FP+ during that time.

However, if your only ticket for that day is the party ticket--no AP, no multi-day pass--just the ticket for the party, can you really schedule FP+ between 4 and 7?
There are plenty accounts of people doing this on this site, me personally included. I wouldn't lie about my experience, and no one else would on here.

Once u add your party ticket to MDE, it recognizes it as another park ticket entry allowing u to schedule FP+. Like I said though, the system doesn't know u can only enter at 4pm. It will actually give u FP times for all day. U will hve to change te ride times to make it for 4-7pm. Also, use ur hard ticket to enter the party and u should be fine.

You have been able to enter the parties starting at 4pm for as long as I can remember...

JohnD

There are plenty accounts of people doing this on this site, me personally included. I wouldn't lie about my experience, and no one else would on here.

Once u add your party ticket to MDE, it recognizes it as another park ticket entry allowing u to schedule FP+. Like I said though, the system doesn't know u can only enter at 4pm. It will actually give u FP times for all day. U will hve to change te ride times to make it for 4-7pm. Also, use ur hard ticket to enter the party and u should be fine.

You have been able to enter the parties starting at 4pm for as long as I can remember...

I never implied anyone was lying. Just asking if they were sure. You have indicated that you are.

Daxiegirl

I don't know why I'm so confused by this (brain fried from working too much maybe? :confused:)...

So, entering with the hard ticket (as a few have mentioned) is the way to go to avoid glitches but does that mean then that doing that doesn't allow for the FP's to be used?
Do I need to link in MDE to allow for that? Will it mess everything up if I link them?

I haven't linked my party tickets yet but the system has allowed me to book evening FP+'s for the night we are going. Does that mean that if I don't link my party tickets then the system will use up one of my park passes that I'm saving for a different day?
(Ya, I just reread your post-I'm thinking that is how it works isn't it?)

am I even making any sense at this point? ....:banghead:

Or maybe someone needs to prepare poster boards and illustrations for me. Seriously, I don't know why I just don't get it.:confused:

Clamman73

I don't know why I'm so confused by this (brain fried from working too much maybe? :confused:)...

So, entering with the hard ticket (as a few have mentioned) is the way to go to avoid glitches but does that mean then that doing that doesn't allow for the FP's to be used?
Do I need to link in MDE to allow for that? Will it mess everything up if I link them?

I haven't linked my party tickets yet but the system has allowed me to book evening FP+'s for the night we are going. Does that mean that if I don't link my party tickets then the system will use up one of my park passes that I'm saving for a different day?
(Ya, I just reread your post-I'm thinking that is how it works isn't it?)

am I even making any sense at this point? ....:banghead:

Or maybe someone needs to prepare poster boards and illustrations for me. Seriously, I don't know why I just don't get it.:confused:
Link it, it will be on your magic band, you go to the Halloween party turnstile entrance (earliest around 4pm) and it reads your band, the CM sees you're definitely there for the party, and you're in.

If you go to the regular turnstile at 4pm for the first time for the day will it just use one of your regular days??? I'm not totally sure.

Rob562

Part of the issue is that the system only knows that you want to make FP+ choices in the park. It doesn't know you're going to use the Party ticket to get into the park. For all it knows right now, you're *not* going to the Party and will simply be visiting the park that day with your existing MYW ticket.

So, the first thing you need to do is to link the Party ticket to MDE. The one question mark is using the Band as the Party ticket entrance. The full MDE/FP+ rollout wasn't until after most (if not all) of the hard-ticket parties finished last year, so we don't have a consistent history to go by when figuring out what the system will do.

I've heard in-theory that you can assign a priority to the tickets on your profile, telling the park admission system in which order it should apply multiple park tickets for park admission, but I honestly haven't read any recent stories one way or the other about how that happens now.

So the safest course of action is to link the Party ticket in MDE so that the system knows your ticket points to you, make your FP+ choices for between 4 and 7, and then use the *Party* ticket for entry into the park. That way a) the park entrance readers know you specifically want to use the Party ticket for entry and not a day on your MYW ticket, and b) that you've entered the park and can use the Party ticket to check into your FP+ selections. You *might* even be able to use your Band to check in for FP+ because it's just a pointer back to your profile. All the FP+ system will do is look up a) has this person entered the park? (Yes, with the Party ticket), and b) do they have a valid FP+ reservation right now? (Yes, you do) And then it'll let you into the attraction.

-Rob

Last edited:

Daxiegirl

:):):)

@Rob562 you've saved my bacon (and sanity) again. Now I get it.
Thank you for your clear and simple explanation and patience.

See...I told you I needed hand holding;) !

JohnD

Another wrinkle: Apparently, as soon as you connect your MNSSHP ticket to MDE, you have immediate access to FP+ in MK, even if more than 60 days out from your party date and/or you have a seasonal pass with blocked out dates. While my seasonal AP has the rolling 30 day window, I just discovered I could make FP+ for 8/13 in MK although, technically, I'm blocked out in all the parks through 8/14. Not that it matters. I still wouldn't be able to get in on my Seasonal AP through 8/14.

So, yes, it appears you can use your party ticket to schedule FP+ between 4 and 7 on the day of the party even if you have no other admission criteria for the day.

Andy Whitfield

i'm lost! I've got a ticket for a MK day on a MNSSHP day. I've also bought the MNSSHP ticket for the evening. can i make 6 fast pass +'s if i also link the MNSSHP to the My super experience app?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom