Avatar construction aerial updates

FLFQTR

Yeah this baby is rolling alright. It's rolling like a Ford Pinto in neutral being pushed by an 80-year old grandfather with osteoporosis down I-95 from Maine down to Florida. By the time it finishes rolling and comes to a stop in 2017 we'll all get to marvel at its old technology borrowed from a Disney's California Adventure ride from 2001! Whoohooo!!!!

I just deliver the mud but once they get going it will be fast. Just look at the parking garage only a handful of pours left before the 1st one is topped out.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i know next to nothing about construction....like how long does a pour take? how many pours will there be? what comes after the pouring concrete?
It depends on how big the pour is. Your average house slab can be poured in a few hours and ready for vertical construction in 2-3 days. Larger pours like this can take weeks to do.

What is next is also kind of up in the air. They might have more site work to do or the might start vertical construction.

omurice

We have to be patient, because unobtainium is VERY expensive!

7fcd76007a6d82cc9b2252e532a40db3.jpg

Sped2424

My guess is that the vast majority of the "perspectives" will make them look like they float, but there will be a small area of perspective that it will be evident that they don't, that they will try to hide by foliage, water falls, etc?
***and let me qualify "guess" to mean, I think I read that somewhere.....
They way they are getting them to "Float" judging by the models seems to be through the vines connecting them to the ground.
disney-avatar5_verge_super_wide.jpeg

Those vines seem big enough to hide supports inside for the large structure. But you seem to be right about the smaller mountains on top. It looks like it's behind the other mountains just enough so you can't see the beam holding them together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom