Avengers Half Marathon Weekend

dragwit

One thing I have seen from inaugural races - Everest, Food and Wine to name a couple . . . things usually run smoother the second year.

(I'm just making myself feel better, knowing I am not registering for this race. :) )

I agree... (in that I want to feel better knowing I cannot register for this one too...)

Ariel484

Medals!
10494956_985730411452921_5039822317754609438_o.jpg

Mad Stitch

Original Poster
The back side of the spinner. Captain America's shield, Thor's hammer,what's the third one? I can't tell if it's Hulk's fist or Iron Man's mask.
Bucil7eCMAARlSR.jpg:large

Mad Stitch

Original Poster

FerretAfros

Yah, I saw that course map on the USATF website the other day. Looks like we'll head past the Crystal Cathedral and The Block at Orange, like I had guessed when they first announced this race. Instead of sticking to the "scenic streets of Anaheim", it looks like they're venturing into Garden Grove for a change!

I'm also interested to see how the ~2mi stretch along the Santa Ana river works for them. I've heard complaints about it being crowded during DL1/2, and that is a much shorter stretch of the course and it's later in the race so crowds have thinned out more. I also don't think that there are any permanent lights there, which could present some issues, since it gets light later in January than August

Ariel484

DisneyStore.com has special limited-edition "In Training" shirts for Avengers weekend...not sure why this weekend gets specific shirts but the others don't? $39.95 apiece.

Women's:

7505055889876-1

Men's:

7505055889877-1

dreamfinder

DisneyStore.com has special limited-edition "In Training" shirts for Avengers weekend...not sure why this weekend gets specific shirts but the others don't? $39.95 apiece.

They normally have had them at the race for the following year. Maybe they feel they are getting the whole limited run shirts on DisneyStore.com thing down pat now? Or maybe they just are trying to hop on the Avengers/Marvel bandwagon before it falls apart. And seeing as how UnderArmor has DC superhero tech/sport shirts, they wanted to give people a choice? I dunno.

Maryssa*

Corrals are up and apparently there are OVER half of the total runners in the back 2 corrals... something doesn't seem right here. I'm a little nervous about how crammed it's going to be.

Also noted this little gem in the race guide

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2014-10-16-at-1.26.08-PM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2014-10-16-at-1.26.08-PM.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom