Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

Marc Gil

Just did some research...

The D23 Expo starts on August 14 until August 16th 2015, about a month after Disneyland's 60th.

Looks like I'm going to have to skip out on the Expo once more.

Disneyland's 60th > D23 Expo

GiveMeTheMusic

Really? That's funny I've actually heard the exact opposite. Their announcements would range from all of the festivities for the 60th, as well as the new Soarin' update.

My source is well placed and showed me some documentation for the event to confirm - of course, things change all the time. I'd be thrilled if the announcement really had meat, but as it stood two days ago, it was barebones as they don't feel the projects are far enough along to really announce yet (which makes zero sense to me, but whatever).

Nland316

My source is well placed and showed me some documentation for the event to confirm - of course, things change all the time. I'd be thrilled if the announcement really had meat, but as it stood two days ago, it was barebones as they don't feel the projects are far enough along to really announce yet (which makes zero sense to me, but whatever).
That'd be very disappointing as well! The only thing that keeps me more optimistic is that they're having the sneek preview meetup in the park that day. Why offer an event if no real substance will be revealed that day?

Figments Friend

-

Since the theme of the 60th has been talked about being rather brimming with 'nostalgia'....there is something i would like to see return to Disneyland for the 60th year of operation.

Three words :

'Fantasia Ice Cream'.

:hungry:

-

Travel Junkie

This morning's note on Micechat:
Editor’s Note:
  • July 14, 2014: Diamonds Are Forever - We have a shore MiceAge Editors note for you today: After hyping the date to CM's backstage and via the Parks Blog to the public, TDA is dramatically scaling back the 60th announcement planned for Thursday the 17th. Key execs have had second thoughts on spilling the beans this early, and if it weren't for the public Parks Blog invite from three weeks ago TDA would scrap the entire media event. Expect a few vague descriptions of the Diamond Celebration, a brief mention of the new parade and Castle show and fireworks we've told you about, and maybe a few pieces of art showing the event logo and that's about it. What TDA won't tell you is that you can now also expect a multi-month closure for World of Color this winter as that show gets a major rework for the 60th

Pretty odd if you ask me. I am excited about a WOC major rework.

GiveMeTheMusic

That'd be very disappointing as well! The only thing that keeps me more optimistic is that they're having the sneek preview meetup in the park that day. Why offer an event if no real substance will be revealed that day?

The event was planned and set before the announcement changed - at the time, the announcement was going to be much bigger. Not sure how it's going to be now, I didn't make it in for that event's registration.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Editor’s Note:
  • July 14, 2014: Diamonds Are Forever - We have a shore MiceAge Editors note for you today: After hyping the date to CM's backstage and via the Parks Blog to the public, TDA is dramatically scaling back the 60th announcement planned for Thursday the 17th. Key execs have had second thoughts on spilling the beans this early, and if it weren't for the public Parks Blog invite from three weeks ago TDA would scrap the entire media event. Expect a few vague descriptions of the Diamond Celebration, a brief mention of the new parade and Castle show and fireworks we've told you about, and maybe a few pieces of art showing the event logo and that's about it. What TDA won't tell you is that you can now also expect a multi-month closure for World of Color this winter as that show gets a major rework for the 60th

So no winter dreams this winter?!?!? :(

Travel Junkie

Yeah I don’t understand why they are pulling the reigns back on the 60th. The rededication/birthday celebration is typically pretty subdued. Why not make a splash at a time that makes sense?

And not to steer this off topic, but man it looks like they screwed up NO Square with the Club 33 redo. It’s not finished yet and I don’t want to get too critical until I see it in person, but it looks terrible so far.

Marc Gil

Honestly, I'm still ed about the Court. I couldn't care less about Club 33, I'll most likely never be a member.
Considering it's tens of thousands of dollars in membership fees and of course the years and years of waiting..
Yeah I don’t understand why they are pulling the reigns back on the 60th. The rededication/birthday celebration is typically pretty subdued. Why not make a splash at a time that makes sense?

And not to steer this off topic, but man it looks like they screwed up NO Square with the Club 33 redo. It’s not finished yet and I don’t want to get too critical until I see it in person, but it looks terrible so far.
They made some buildings look so plain. It's disappointing that one of the best themed lands has been so severely altered for this exclusive club that caters to so few.

I'm so glad I got to experience the "unaltered" NOS last year before all this Club 33 work started.

TP2000

Editor’s Note:

Thank you for the tip off on the Micechat news!

This is so disappointing. The Parks Blog people, mostly all based in Florida, must be nervous to have to do a song and dance for their contest winners instead of showing them all the stuff coming for the 60th. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...rt-60th-anniversary-celebration-register-now/

"We’re inviting a limited number of Disney Parks Blog readers to join us the morning of Thursday, July 17, 2014, to be among the first to get a glimpse of what we have coming for the 60th anniversary celebration of the Disneyland Resort in 2015."

Oops! Now what are they going to talk about?

GiveMeTheMusic

Thank you for the tip off on the Micechat news!

This is so disappointing. The Parks Blog people, mostly all based in Florida, must be nervous to have to do a song and dance for their contest winners instead of showing them all the stuff coming for the 60th. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...rt-60th-anniversary-celebration-register-now/

"We’re inviting a limited number of Disney Parks Blog readers to join us the morning of Thursday, July 17, 2014, to be among the first to get a glimpse of what we have coming for the 60th anniversary celebration of the Disneyland Resort in 2015."

Oops! Now what are they going to talk about?

They'll probably show them the logo, hand them a trinket and some free food. I doubt they had planned to have Steve Davison there or anything.

TP2000

They'll probably show them the logo, hand them a trinket and some free food. I doubt they had planned to have Steve Davison there or anything.

True.

What's funny to think about though is Erin Glover and these Parks Blog hucksters now have to actually hustle to do some work and charm these "winners", in the absence of any meaningful announcement or artwork of new parades, shows, updated dark rides, etc., to look at.

They could try and play it off like showing the logo and some vague mentions of "Diamond studded magic!" coming next year was their plan for this event all along. But now Miceage has spilled the beans and gotten a narrative out there that the announcement day was suddenly scaled back in a big way. And the fans who visit the Parks Blog every day are the types to be on other fan sites and will have read/heard the Miceage news by Thursday. Oops!

The Parks Blog people are probably not looking forward to their Thursday event, and are begging for a bigger budget to give out a nicer trinket or lay on heartier buffet snacks. "We've got to do something on Thursday!" :cool:

GiveMeTheMusic

True.

What's funny to think about though is Erin Glover and these Parks Blog hucksters now have to actually hustle to do some work and charm these folks, in the absence of any meaningful announcement or artwork of new parades, shows, updated dark rides, etc., to look at.

They could try and play it off like showing the logo and some vague mentions of "Diamond studded magic!" coming next year was their plan for this event all along. But now Miceage has spilled the beans and gotten a narrative out there that the announcement day was suddenly scaled back in a big way. And the fans who visit the Parks Blog every day are the types to be on other fan sites and will have read/heard the Miceage news by Thursday. Oops!

The Parks Blog people are probably not looking forward to their Thursday event, and are begging for a bigger budget to give out a nicer trinket or lay on heartier buffet snacks. "We've got to do something on Thursday!" :cool:

I'm a fan of Erin - she's at least genuine and seems to actually give a dang, unlike her WDW counterparts, but I wouldn't want to be in her shoes this week. We had speculated that the event was going to be in Stage 17 in conjunction with the media event - I'm guessing whatever the media is exposed to the DPB meetuppers will get too.

Bummed I didn't make the cut to get in - I'd be super curious to be a fly on the wall on Thursday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom