USF Then And Now - Photo Comparisons

BryceM

Love this. I would also like to see IoA, because there hasn't been as many changes as USF and it would be interested what actually has changed since 1999, besides WWoHP.

This also makes me miss Back to the Future. As much as I love Springfield, The Simpsons Ride and it's immediate surroundings are not my taste. I wish they would at least remove the character flags.

Tom Morrow

This also makes me miss Back to the Future. As much as I love Springfield, The Simpsons Ride and it's immediate surroundings are not my taste. I wish they would at least remove the character flags.
Overall I really like Springfield/Fast Food Blvd. It's small and offers lots of photo ops so the lower end theming doesn't really bother me. I agree on the character flags/banners though. Those should be removed, they don't thematically make sense now anyway.

IAmFloridaBorn

Love this. I would also like to see IoA, because there hasn't been as many changes as USF and it would be interested what actually has changed since 1999, besides WWoHP.

I agree. Back TTF was a much better ride and such.

Milla4Prez66

They should've torn down the building and built a new Simpsons ride instead of just re-painting and re-theming the building and ride for Simpsons. As much as I love Universal, Simpsons and Despicable Me are two of my least favorite rides in the resort because they are just makeovers of old ride systems with more hip IPs. I love the Simpsons and Despicable Me too, I have a good amount of merchandise, but the rides themselves are disappointments to me.

The Springfield area is awesome though and Universal did an amazing job to bring some life to a dead area of the park. I love just relaxing with a Duff or getting food at Krusty Burger.

disney4life2008

They should've torn down the building and built a new Simpsons ride instead of just re-painting and re-theming the building and ride for Simpsons. As much as I love Universal, Simpsons and Despicable Me are two of my least favorite rides in the resort because they are just makeovers of old ride systems with more hip IPs. I love the Simpsons and Despicable Me too, I have a good amount of merchandise, but the rides themselves are disappointments to me.

The Springfield area is awesome though and Universal did an amazing job to bring some life to a dead area of the park. I love just relaxing with a Duff or getting food at Krusty Burger.

I stood in line for Simpsons in what seemed to be about 3 hours - and it turned out to be nothing more than a simulator to the max. Never again. US is a nice park - I prefer the music that is played vs the attractions. I do love the Lucy tour if that still exists. IOA on the other hand I absolutely love - everything about that park is amazing.

Timekeeper

Original Poster
They should've torn down the building and built a new Simpsons ride instead of just re-painting and re-theming the building and ride for Simpsons. As much as I love Universal, Simpsons and Despicable Me are two of my least favorite rides in the resort because they are just makeovers of old ride systems with more hip IPs.

And lest we not forget that Twister was more-or-less a makeover of Ghostbusters. Granted, there was much more construction involved, but the major structural elements of the building are essentially the same. When I think about it, it's quite brilliant how the designers came up with a way to leave the huge balcony intact above the guests (where the "ghosts" used to be, and is now a half-circle of giant fans that generate the wind funnel) and simultaneously come up with a way to create a "real" tornado. In my opinion, that was extremely clever use of an existing structure, even if it's not everyone's favorite attraction.

6338730467_493b7060b4_z.jpg

935.jpg

Last edited:

Milla4Prez66

My problem with Twister is it's a significant downgrade from Ghostbusters, IMO. Simpsons and Despicable Me aren't necessarily downgrades, but just outdated ride systems with some new makeup. I bet if Universal knew how popular DM would end up being, they would've done more with the property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom