Attraction height and age restrictions

beachlover4444

That's a little outdated, it still has Alien Encounter and Body Wars on there. But also, even in Fantasyland for Tea Cups and Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, Dumbo, etc. there are restrictions so keep that in mind.
We just went there with an 8 month old. I never thought a kid under 4 should be there. Too hot, too long of lines, too cranky. But Skye was great. The characters were amazing. Her first ride was Buzz Lightyear then teacups, then dumbo then ariel then pooh and we worked all through the park. The parent swap is great. We used it for Splash, Big Thunder and Space Mountain. Having her there never slowed us down. She napped in her stroller. We did character dining at Norway with the princesses, At Crystal Palace with pooh and friends and at Epcot the Land Grille with chip and dale and friends. Was perfect.

Blackburn23

Are they at all lenient on the height for say Splash Mountain? My little 3 year old can sing along with the whole ride and talks non-stop about going down a waterfall for the first time. She is 38 inches now, we go in September..... (tippy toes manybe?)

HRHPrincessAriel

Are they at all lenient on the height for say Splash Mountain? My little 3 year old can sing along with the whole ride and talks non-stop about going down a waterfall for the first time. She is 38 inches now, we go in September..... (tippy toes manybe?)
I don't think they'd let 2 inches slip by.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

They aren't going to let 2 inches slide. I've seen them flatten kids hair and some kids have been asked to remove platform shoes when being measured. No way you can get away with tippy toes the CMs are very well trained on the tricks for getting kids to look taller.

kelknight84

They shouldn't let it slide anyways. It is a safety issue. I'd love for my 2yo DD to ride everything because she can't wait to ride some but I'd rather her still be around to do it forever than slip out and never do it again.

Blackburn23

They aren't going to let 2 inches slide. I've seen them flatten kids hair and some kids have been asked to remove platform shoes when being measured. No way you can get away with tippy toes the CMs are very well trained on the tricks for getting kids to look taller.
I figured, root for a growth spurt

PARichards

Playing around with our touring plans brought me back to this thread (and I actually almost started a new one- should I have?).

I feel that I need contingencies for touring with the vertically challenged!

2 of 4 DDs will very likely NOT be 40" tall by D-Day. DH is reluctant to split up our party, so I guess he's planning on using RiderSwitch/Swap(?) a bunch... I'm have this feeling that's gonna be real cute for 2 4 yr olds for maybe the first ride they're asked to wait out.

So.

What's a girl to do with 4 yr olds in the general vicinity of the following rides:
Splash Mt
BTMR
Soarin'
Test Track
Star Tours
(possibly more to follow)

And how do people handle riding attractions in this kind of scenario:
TSMM and our party is moi, DH, DD8 (so *could* ride alone...?), DD6, DDs4(2). Would the adults have to take turns waiting on the other adult to take a ride around with each child, since 3 of 4 kids aren't old enough to ride sans parent? Would they allow us to ride DH+DD6+DD4(1) together, and myself+DD8+DD4(2) together? I realize that it definitely depends on the individual ride's set up, I'd just really appreciate any and all advance info! (I've asked another version of this questions previously, I know, sorry for being paranoid!)

Weather_Lady

What's a girl to do with 4 yr olds in the general vicinity of the following rides:
Splash Mt
BTMR
Soarin'
Test Track
Star Tours
(possibly more to follow)

Here are my recommendations based on what we did when we had an "undersized" child:

Splash - Toy Story Woody & Jessie Meet-and-Greet (near Splash Mountain exit), Pirates of the Caribbean, Country Bear Jamboree, The Laughing Place (a playground underneath the Frontierland Station, roughly next to Splash Mountain), or ride the Walt Disney World Railroad's entire circuit from Frontierland

BTMRR - any of the attractions mentioned above, plus Tom Sawyer Island

Soarin' - Living with the Land, a snack at Sunshine Seasons (which also typically has coloring pages and crayons available), The Circle of Life film

Test Track - Innoventions East (or just go over to Character Spot and/or Club Cool), or head into the Mexico Pavilion in World Showcase for the boat ride, a Kidcot Station, or an Agent P's World Showcase adventure there (one of the sign-up areas should be on your way, along the east side of the entry into World Showcase).

Star Tours - Star Tours exit gift shop (Tatooine Traders - plenty to amuse you if you're a Star Wars fan), Jedi Training Academy show, Muppets 3D, "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" playground

Last edited:

PARichards

Here are my recommendations based on what we did when we had an "undersized" child:

Splash - Toy Story Woody & Jessie Meet-and-Greet (near Splash Mountain exit), Pirates of the Caribbean, Country Bear Jamboree, The Laughing Place (a playground underneath the Frontierland Station, roughly next to Splash Mountain), or ride the Walt Disney World Railroad's entire circuit from Frontierland

BTMRR - any of the attractions mentioned above, plus Tom Sawyer Island

Soarin' - Living with the Land, a snack at Sunshine Seasons (which also typically has coloring pages and crayons available), The Circle of Life film

Test Track - Innoventions East (or just go over to Character Spot and/or Club Cool), or head into the Mexico Pavilion in World Showcase for the boat ride, a Kidcot Station, or an Agent P's World Showcase adventure there (one of the sign-up areas should be on your way, along the east side of the entry into World Showcase).

Star Tours - Star Tours exit gift shop (Tatooine Traders - plenty to amuse you if you're a Star Wars fan), Jedi Training Academy show, Muppets 3D, "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" playground

Great stuff! Thanks!

buseegal

PARichards: on TSMM you might be able to ride with 3 to seat but only 2 can shoot the targets plus your 6 year old is not old enough to ride with the 8 year old. besides Kali where depending on heights of all 4 kids where between 38 and I am not sure of upper height, child has to sit is a special seat where the bar comes down beside an adult and I am not sure if this would be a problem for your family.

PARichards

PARichards: on TSMM you might be able to ride with 3 to seat but only 2 can shoot the targets plus your 6 year old is not old enough to ride with the 8 year old. besides Kali where depending on heights of all 4 kids where between 38 and I am not sure of upper height, child has to sit is a special seat where the bar comes down beside an adult and I am not sure if this would be a problem for your family.

That's so good to know! We will have the GPs at AK, so Kali should be no problem- there will be one adult for every child, regardless of height. I think my will-be-8 yr old (poor, petite dear) is flirting with crossing the 48" threshold, and DD6 isn't far behind her (they sometimes are asked if they're also twins). While the GPs are included in all our ADRs, I want to make sure I have a plan that doesn't HAVE to include them for certain rides/attractions to happen, just in case they have plans that don't include being attached to their grandkids at the hips. (And knowing them, they'll definitely have their own things to do!)

Now, this is definitely off topic, since it doesn't have a ht requirement: Haunted Mansion for the small ones... yay or nay? (if there's another thread that addresses the scary factor of dark rides, I'd love a link!) Pleaseandthankyou!

buseegal

HM is hard to say with little ones, 17 month old loved it but 5 year old who loved Tower of Terror could care less about it. not enough action for him. if you decide to do with your family I would break up twins one with each parent plus one each of older kids, 3 per car. biggest problem we had with Kali was 4 year old did not want bar because older bothers did not need but when CM told him he had to get off with out it, he changed his mind. one other thing to remember at Kali all the short ones, bar group, will get an arm band and need to be first in line of your group to make sure they get right seat

Rach&Eric

My son's first trip will be October 2015, so we still have a while. He'll be 3 years and 4 months. People tell me he's tall for his age now so I'm really hoping he'll be 40 inches when we go. On his 18 month check up in December 2013 he was 33 inches.

msks

my son is very small but not scared of anything, so I am wondering how important it is to make sure he is at least 40 inches to ride those rides? Obviously I want to keep him safe, but he will likely only be 38 1/2 maybe 39inches when we go. Is it mostly an estimated hieght reqiurement?

HRHPrincessAriel

my son is very small but not scared of anything, so I am wondering how important it is to make sure he is at least 40 inches to ride those rides? Obviously I want to keep him safe, but he will likely only be 38 1/2 maybe 39inches when we go. Is it mostly an estimated hieght reqiurement?
I have not taken a kid but I've read they are very strict. I don't think you could skate by with an 1inch to 1.5 inches. *maybe* a hair under 40 but even then I wouldn't be surprised if they were told no.

Nemo14

They will measure your son when you get in line, and if he is not tall enough he will not be allowed on the ride. This has nothing to do with how scared he may or may not be, but it is a safety measure dictated by the restraints of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom