Spirited Spring Break News, Observations & Thoughts ...

ThemeParkJunkee

A movie about It's a Small World... "This one will take awhile to come together but it is envisioned as a potential franchise for the studio." So, we can look forward to sequels to this likely POS?

StageFrenzy

Outwardly, everything is all sunshine and roses but, behind closed doors, some on Wall Street are beginning to get pretty tired of Iger's continued BS answers to all their MyMagic+ questions.

Iger's performance at the last earnings call ("can't quantify [MyMagic"] from a financial perspective yet" and "not even close to being able to quantify [MyMagic+]") didn't win anyone over.

You use the word "boondoggle". Behind closed doors, some are using much worse language.

Iger was a Wall Street Golden Boy. Some are beginning to wonder if he's just laid his first major egg.

When Eisner made the comment about the longer Iger stays the better, I have a feeling he was insinuating it was better for Iger to stay until his current strategies "pay dividends". This seems to be happening quicker than I anticipated.

WDWDad13

Whether some of us like it or not....NGE is too big to fail at this point so this project will likely have a blank check so to speak until it is the best it can be.

I also believe we are just scratching the surface on some of the possibilities so my hope is with the improvements made thus far and park hopping and addition FP's being discussed based on customer feedback already better things are to come but whether they will literally show incoming $'s from their outgoing $'s will be unlikely. It's a long term foundational effort but the stockholders just want to see ROI

bubbles1812

Well that's certainly... um, special? Yeah, yeah... I think special is the right word. Right? RIGHT? :cry:

I think a John Carter sequel would have a better chance at being a success than this... o_O What kind of story do you even pull from that ride? :cautious: (Other than a reallllllllllly shi*ty one.

Also...remind me to never take a 4 day break away from Spirit threads again. I just read through 30 pages of stuff before I got caught up. Lol.

BrianLo

A kind reader forwarded this blog to me and it is quite interesting as it sets a very detailed decade-long plan for DLP (sorry to its critics, but the resort isn't going to be closed for condos and Walmarts!)

I feel bad, I read this several days ago via one of the French forums and didn't really know whether I should believe it or not/didn't really know who were legitimate "insiders" (so never shared it). Glad to hear it has validity!

Captain Neo

There was a It's a small World movie planned back in the 70s. There was even a shooting script made for it:

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2003/09/30/153.aspx

smallworld_poster3.jpg

BlueSkyDriveBy

I used to admire Turteltaub. He directed my favorite Sandra Bullock flick. But over the past several years, that admiration has soured. Very. (Sorcerer's Apprentice need I say more :in pain:)

And they're giving this to Stern to scribe? Sure, the guy can handle cute. He adapted Mr Popper's Penguins. Cute, cute, cute, cute, and cute! But that was an adaptation of a beloved children's book. Original stuff? Stern co-wrote the Vince Vaughn Internship train wreck. Not believable. Not plausible. Not funny.

Adapting Disney park attractions to the silver screen. It's always been hit or miss.

Ted and Terry did it with the golden age of piracy. Total no brainer. They are Writing Gods. :angelic:

But Stern writing about cutesy singing dolls from all around the world?

I just don't see box office magic in this one. Not unless the dolls go all Chucky on the guests floating by.

:cool:

NoChesterHester

Could the new "news" everyone is talking about actually be Star Wars cast announcements? I just read that they are about finished and ready to reveal!

My thoughts exactly. The Star Wars fandom is totally abuzz. Supposedly everyone is hearing the cast announcement is imminent, as in before May the 4th.

stevehousse

Well the small world short that have been airing online and on the Disney channel have been supposedly doing well and getting good reception.

My movie theater even has special small world anniversary commercials we recently recieved that air along with Disney side commercials! The anniversary commercial is actually really good if u haven't seen it yet...

Animaniac93-98

A kind reader forwarded this blog to me and it is quite interesting as it sets a very detailed decade-long plan for DLP (sorry to its critics, but the resort isn't going to be closed for condos and Walmarts!)

Much of it, I absolutely can confirm (basically the next three years of projects leading up a planned HUGE 25th Anniversary celebration that will run from April of 2017 thru August of 2018) ... the other more far-ranging stuff I can't confirm but certainly follows much of what I have heard and what I already see being done there.

Finally, wouldn't it be great if WDW had a 10-year-plan? A legit one ... one that covered every park as well as resorts and infrastructure? Well, at least they have a DVC plan for the next five years, right?

Enjoy the read ...

http://www.independentguidebooks.co...incredibly-detailed-10-year-roadmap-from-2014

I'd be thrilled with half this stuff happening and very excited for what will be done by 2017 (much more so than Avatar in AK). Bring on Marvel Land and keep up the refurbishment schedule. Also note how this plan never mentions MM+ or upcharging for these ever expanding seasonal promotions.

The only thing that concerns me is the timing of Newport's refurbishment. I booked a November stay back in January with the hope that most of it would be done by then (based on dates listed on their site), but that looks to not be the case. Hopefully at least some rooms and most of the common areas will be finished by the time I get there.

BrianLo

I don't see much of a difference based on the character meet and greets at DL ... and the Spidey one that just opened at DSP. ... The only kewl Marvel project I have seen was artwork for the licensed Dubai project that fell through years ago ...

I remember you mentioning this project as having fallen through probably in a post about 6+ months ago, which confused me seeing as IMG Worlds of Adventure is very much under construction and very much still referencing Marvel.

"The 350,000 sq. ft. MARVEL Zone will offer a range of key entertainment experiences from renowned Super Hero Icons such as; Spider-Man, The Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and The Avengers. The MARVEL Zone will also feature unique retail outlets and dining facilities. The MARVEL name and characters have been licensed to the Ilyas & Mustafa Galadari Group by MARVEL Entertainment."

img-worlds-of-adventure-135.jpg

img-worlds-of-adventure-127.jpg

img-worlds-of-adventure-121.jpg

Dubai projects are totally unreliable... but this one is actually happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom