Mickey’s Kitchen Sink

Californian Elitist

So if people are going to share this, who gets to keep the pants?

This reminds me of the Mickey's Masterpiece item one used to be able to get at the Disney Soda Fountain on Hollywood Blvd in California. It was $30, but it came with eight individual ice cream sundaes.That's a little less than $3.75 per person, without tax. This sink sundae, split between three people, would cost over $7 each. And only one person gets to keep the pants. This is a complete rip-off.

soda_fountain_masterpiece2.jpg

HouCuseChickie

So if people are going to share this, who gets to keep the pants?

This reminds me of the Mickey's Masterpiece item one used to be able to get at the Disney Soda Fountain on Hollywood Blvd in California. It was $30, but it came with eight individual ice cream sundaes.That's a little less than $3.75 per person, without tax. This sink sundae, split between three people, would cost over $7 each. And only one person gets to keep the pants. This is a complete rip-off.

soda_fountain_masterpiece2.jpg

I suddenly have a craving for ice cream!

Dwarful

Yeah I saw that on FB the other day. My girls were all over it. We shared the kitchen sink before. I wonder if they will give you extra bowls to share. Honestly in the summer heat one scoop of plain ice cream is enough for me. But it is interesting about the price difference.

docdebbi

i think we need real information from Disney itself.
looking at the picture of this new item and comparing it to the size of the folks working behind it, it looks like it has a lot more than 3 scoops of ice cream and the write up relates it as being similar to the kitchen sink, which does indeed have a lot more than 3 scoops
just because DCA sells ice cream in mickey pants (oh, i have trouble even writing those words- just sounds wrong!), doesn't mean it is the same item. if you look at the 2 pictures and compare, they don't look at all the same to me.
i know disney likes to gouge prices at WDW, but think that is too big a discrepancy to be the same item/amount of ice cream.
time will tell

DManRightHere

The price, quantity, and price difference doesn't make sense. Maybe there will actually be a "Kitchen Sink" like beaches and cream? DCA looked like counter service and plaza is sit down like Beaches and cream right?

DManRightHere

i think we need real information from Disney itself.
looking at the picture of this new item and comparing it to the size of the folks working behind it, it looks like it has a lot more than 3 scoops of ice cream and the write up relates it as being similar to the kitchen sink, which does indeed have a lot more than 3 scoops
just because DCA sells ice cream in mickey pants (oh, i have trouble even writing those words- just sounds wrong!), doesn't mean it is the same item. if you look at the 2 pictures and compare, they don't look at all the same to me.
i know disney likes to gouge prices at WDW, but think that is too big a discrepancy to be the same item/amount of ice cream.
time will tell
looks smaller to me...The utencil handle looks really big. lol.

lunchbox1175

I believe the twitter post is wrong....the Kitchen sink at Disneyland at the PCH Grill is $22.49, not $11.99. Almost everything at Clarabelle's at Disneyland is $11.99, but only comes with two scoops and are sundaes served in a trolley car....not the same thing.

Kevo

I believe the twitter post is wrong....the Kitchen sink at Disneyland at the PCH Grill is $22.49, not $11.99. Almost everything at Clarabelle's at Disneyland is $11.99, but only comes with two scoops and are sundaes served in a trolley car....not the same thing.

If you scroll down this micechat post, you can definitely see the menu item at $11.99 :in pain:

sponono88

The "kitchen sink" sundae is sold at Clarabelle's inside California Adventure, here's the new menu:

IMG_55791.jpg

Unfortunately it replaced the red car trolley sundae that used to be served there , which was actually a nice Buena Vista St. souvenir and it was also theme-appropriate.. I guess they save money by selling the same figure at both resorts instead of producing park-specific merchandise.

oswald-lucky-rabbit-004.jpg

Mr Toad

Well, it looks like I'm gonna shell out another $23 for a sundae...but at least I get a cool bowl...even if it looks like Mickey's pants

sweetpee_1993

The "kitchen sink" sundae is sold at Clarabelle's inside California Adventure, here's the new menu:

IMG_55791.jpg

Unfortunately it replaced the red car trolley sundae that used to be served there , which was actually a nice Buena Vista St. souvenir and it was also theme-appropriate.. I guess they save money by selling the same figure at both resorts instead of producing park-specific merchandise.

oswald-lucky-rabbit-004.jpg
Booooooo!!!! Hiiiiiiisssssss!!!! I'd much rather have the trolley. :( No joy from Mickeys drawers. I'll find a drinky-drink instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom