alcohol at resorts?

slappy magoo

A word of advice, coming from someone who has left many a maid several bottles of wine and 6 packs of brews, don't buy too much! Last time I just bought a few beers from the Hess, because in the past I would buy a case and some wine at a Publix grocery store and would end up not really drinking most of it. By the time you get back from parks your too beat to really drink, or you get back and the last thing you feel like doing is sitting in your room drinking, it's much more fun to head to a lounge(Especially River Roost) or pool bar, and chat with fellow vacationers. So I suggest grab a few from Hess or even the gift shop to bring to pool but don't go overboard.
Just wanted to say, groovy avatar.

WWWD

A word of advice, coming from someone who has left many a maid several bottles of wine and 6 packs of brews, don't buy too much! Last time I just bought a few beers from the Hess, because in the past I would buy a case and some wine at a Publix grocery store and would end up not really drinking most of it. By the time you get back from parks your too beat to really drink, or you get back and the last thing you feel like doing is sitting in your room drinking, it's much more fun to head to a lounge(Especially River Roost) or pool bar, and chat with fellow vacationers. So I suggest grab a few from Hess or even the gift shop to bring to pool but don't go overboard.

Oh, some of that ends up in my checked baggage (order cans, they weigh less). Especially, the beers I can't get at home. Or, you walk down to the quiet pool with some beers and you make friends real quick (cans only). Also, if you see someone just starting their vacation, offer them your left over alcohol......and the Disney magic continues. Someone gave me a 6-pack once before I started using Garden Grocer and you would have thought I won the lottery. :) Man, that was a good trip!

Brian & Jill

Going to stay in the park for 5 days and I like a drink in the evenings. I've heard its expensive to buy alcohol in the park so is there a way to get our booze off park and get it back to room when we don't have a car. Or is Mickey a teetotaler?
I usually take this DTD bus and get off at the Pleasure Island stop, walk across the street to the Hess gas station and get my barley soda and some bags of snackies . Then I walk back across the street and get back on one of the next busses to go back to my resort. I have never been hassled by anybody in fact some of the Disney cops on bikes have even offered to help me with our stuff once.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We pack a few small little bottles in our luggage (we wrap them and put them in a ziplock bag). We don't drink a lot on vacation and just a little something added to our sodas by the pool is nice. And little bottles save some money.

disney4life2008

The values all have a pool bar (prices are not too bad) - but drinks can be watered down. If I recall - they sell alcohol in the gift shop but not 100 percent sure. If you must have alcohol like my boyfriend and no rental car - your best bet would be to get as close as you can to one of the gas stations (easiest is the Hess from DTD).

disney4life2008

We pack a few small little bottles in our luggage (we wrap them and put them in a ziplock bag). We don't drink a lot on vacation and just a little something added to our sodas by the pool is nice. And little bottles save some money.

That is a great tip that I never thought about (for any trip). Ironically, I just bought a few tonight for $1.

Sammy Mouse

We do the same thing every year we go now.
We stop off at the crossroads on the way to Disney or a few days in and buy whatever alcohol we need for the trip. It's so cheap and much better value than the Disney resort. We also stock up on our snacks for the trip and hit the international isle for a few home comforts.
We can't pack it in our luggage from the UK.
The supermarket on crossroads is only 5 minutes drive from downtown Disney. It's well worth the trip.
There's nothing like having a glass of wine in your Mickey mug and the end of a busy day park hopping

Club Cooloholic

Oh, some of that ends up in my checked baggage (order cans, they weigh less). Especially, the beers I can't get at home. Or, you walk down to the quiet pool with some beers and you make friends real quick (cans only). Also, if you see someone just starting their vacation, offer them your left over alcohol......and the Disney magic continues. Someone gave me a 6-pack once before I started using Garden Grocer and you would have thought I won the lottery. :) Man, that was a good trip!
I have left with others, though once I tried and they looked at me like I was the witch offering snow white an apple.
I never put cans in the suitcase...they explode...think about it.

WWWD

I have left with others, though once I tried and they looked at me like I was the witch offering snow white an apple.
I never put cans in the suitcase...they explode...think about it.

I have put cans in my checked suitcase numerous times and never once had a problem. TSA site even tells you it's allowed. I'm more concerned about the airport workers stealing my beer than it exploding.:)

JohnD

I stayed at CBR this weekend. I can attest that the Old Port Royale gift shops sells "spirits" (all kinds).

i would go ahead and pre order or pack some in your suit case, DH would spend around $17 on a mixed drink for me and a beer for him every night :jawdrop:, a 6 pack of budweiser was around $16 at AoA:jawdrop:

Disneyhardin

We have packed a bottle of bourbon in our checked luggage before - I just wrapped in in a beach towel and nestled it in the middle of our clothes. We have also bought bourbon from the resort gift shop and although it is more expensive than an off site liquor store, the price wasn't too bad.

s&k'smom

We always stop at the grocery store (Publix) and pick up snacks and you can buy beer there too (can't here in Massachusetts) so it saves us a ton of money and I agree don't buy too much we were exhausted at the end of the day and as much as DH loves having his beer on the balcony a few times he fell asleep!

dreamfinder

All of the resorts sell booze as well and should have a full bar of some sort. Food courts will have beer, and usually a few bottles of wine in the coolers. The single beer prices in the food court, as well as the multi packs in the gift stores are all going to be pretty much the same as if you bought singles from the bar. You may do ok if you buy wine or hard liquor in the gift store, or even booze from Epcot. Plenty of wine and sake to choose from by the bottle there.
Otherwise your on property choices would be the Hess stores. There is one in walking distance from BW if you play the bus transfer game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom