So it's impossible to fastpass Test Track and Soarin' for the same day?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
I'm new to setting up mymagic+ fast passes.. but I was looking at setting stuff up for my first day of my upcoming trip and from what i saw it only offered me one high end ride and then 2 lower end rides.. which makes it impossible to fastpass Test Track and Soarin' for the same day? I could choose like test track or soar'n.. and then 2 rides like spaceship earth and figment. Is this the way its supposed to work?

Also.. what about when i arrive that day.. if i did soarin and I'm at the park itself.. can i then fastpass test track or am i still stuck with fast passing only 1 major ride?

Tom

Beta Return
Currently, they have two tiers of attractions at Epcot and DHS. Soarin and Test Track are both "Tier 1" attractions at Epcot, and only one FP+ may be reserved for a Tier 1 attraction per day. This may change in the future.

You have to reserve three FP+ per day, and you will not be able to change one of them to Soarin or Test Track once you're in the park, if one of your other two are for one of those attractions.

StarWarsGirl

I recommend getting a FP+ for either TT or Soarin' and utilizing Extra Magic Hours and riding the other either right when you get there (if you like morning EMH) or right before the park closes. It will minimize your wait for both. Test Track also has a singles line. Keep in mind that your party will be separated. Have fun!

disneygirl1

That would be correct. Both Epcot and DHS have a tier system in place so you can not get FP+ for the same day to Soaring and TT or RnRc and TSM. Very annoying, but I agree with a previous poster, best bet would be to ride the single rider line for TT and RnRc or ride whatever attraction you are not getting the FP+ for during EMH

journ116

I'm new to setting up mymagic+ fast passes.. but I was looking at setting stuff up for my first day of my upcoming trip and from what i saw it only offered me one high end ride and then 2 lower end rides.. which makes it impossible to fastpass Test Track and Soarin' for the same day? I could choose like test track or soar'n.. and then 2 rides like spaceship earth and figment. Is this the way its supposed to work?

Also.. what about when i arrive that day.. if i did soarin and I'm at the park itself.. can i then fastpass test track or am i still stuck with fast passing only 1 major ride?

I know how you feel…my family and I were extremely bummed when we found out that both TT & Soarin' were in 'Tier 1.' However, here's how we got to do both on the same day on our most recent trip in February:

-Selected Soarin' for our FP+ for 10:50-11:50 a.m..

-Arrived at EP for 9 a.m. opening: after an un-scheduled potty break, we finally made our way over to TT & hopped in the Stand-By line by 9:20 a.m.. We waited 10 min. until we reached the "Design Room." All in all, from entering the line to getting off the ride, 30 min. passed. This gave us time to saunter over to the Land pavilion, have 2nd breakfast, ride LWtL, and make our FP+ time for Soarin'. It was very much a relaxed pace, especially with the hour-long FP window!

The reasoning behind selecting Soarin' for our FP+, instead of TT, is because Soarin's Stand-By line is kinda boring, and seems to move slower.

Another thing we ran into during our trip: we had our morning & FP's scheduled for MK…however, because we arrived during 8 a.m. Extra Magic Hour, we were able to accomplish several of the rides we wanted to do WITHOUT using one FP+! I was then able to cancel ALL FP's for that day at MK, and switch our park to EP & FP's for that very evening (with plenty of times available on the fly)!

Remember, in order to make this switch, you may not use a single FP you have scheduled or your FP's are locked into that park for the remainder of the day.

sjhym333

I would like to suggest an opposite approach. Get your FP for either Soarin or Test Track for your EPCOT day and on the day that you head to the AK park hop over to EPCOT and hit the other just before 9pm. The lines before closing tend to die down as people head to Illuminations (which you can see on your EPCOT day) and because the CM's are ready to go home they tend to be fairly efficient in loading. Also, the number of FP's at closing tend to be less because people decide that late in the night to either not do it or end up somewhere else in the park so the Standby line tends to move quickly.

Weather_Lady

I would like to suggest an opposite approach. Get your FP for either Soarin or Test Track for your EPCOT day and on the day that you head to the AK park hop over to EPCOT and hit the other just before 9pm. The lines before closing tend to die down as people head to Illuminations (which you can see on your EPCOT day) and because the CM's are ready to go home they tend to be fairly efficient in loading. Also, the number of FP's at closing tend to be less because people decide that late in the night to either not do it or end up somewhere else in the park so the Standby line tends to move quickly.

Great idea!

Coincidentally, we also had an Epcot day and an AK-hop-to-Epcot day planned, and thanks to you, we may try to squeeze a second ride on Test Track (or a third on Soarin') into our itinerary!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom