The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That's my purview.

i don't have a problem with Banks leaking that out… Because that's how the game is played. But I have a problem with is him selling his source out… Which got screen caps… Which is made it to my inbox.

You don't sell your source out in a case like this… Because you do not wanted to get back to Disney Who your source is.
I wasn't referring to you though....

Last edited:

jamesgf

This sadly is the only thing I have to look forward to as far as park developments. I look forward to the day that you can bring us any solid information on this, and I really hope that it is good news you report. Although, I am not going to expect much to make sure I don't get let down by whatever it is they actually decide to go forward with.

I just hope it is more than a themed bathroom and another freaking meet and greet at this point.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But the fact that Disney never offered such discounts in the past would tend to give one pause regarding the current situation.

And this year they reduced the discount... so.. which way are things really headed? :)

I have no idea if you truly believe this ... but I don't view what happened as a medical exercise. Imagine if SW (or Disney, for that matter) engaged in such an 'exercise' ... I won't label all Scandinavians as being evil nuts over this. I will say that applies to the folks who run this zoo. Insanity.

The way the story is written... makes you think the guys walked out to the public enclosure/exhibit.. shot the giraffe.. then right there started hacking up the body while everyone watched and then tossed the chunks over to the lions. That's not how it happened. But it makes a great shock value when you lay the facts out in a way that leads readers to assume that.

The giraffe was not shot in front of the guests.. nor was it hacked up out in the exhibits. It was euthanized and than brought out to an area where people were given the opportunity to gather around and watch. The meat was later made available to the lions.

The reasons behind the giraffe being killed in the first place are not unique to the zoo or it's policies..

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Would tying executives compensation to dividend growth rather than stock price change the short term vision to long term?

I'd like to see massive reform in exec compensation across the board. But if it didn't happen in the wake of the 2008 financial collapse, then it never will.

We are conditioned (like Pavlov and his puppies) that execs should make HUGE and OBSCENE pay days when their company does well and that they should also make HUGE and OBSCENE pay days when their companies go in the toilet. You gotta love the USA!

WDW1974

Original Poster
It's been catalog order/online since the bankruptcy...no physical locations....reminds me of Winnemucca NV...we could say we had a JC Penney because we had a catalog order location..you could walk in and look through dozens Penney catalogs and order to your heart's content.

Here is something I can speak intelligently on...shopping

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I wonder how well they are doing.

WDW1974

Original Poster
maelstrom is probably one of my favorites at Epcot, I love its quirkiness! I would not mind if they wanted to add a Frozen ride in Norway, but I would be very upset if they go ahead with that overlay! What a cop out :(

Toons have no place in World Showcase. None. Not that they ever had a place in FW.

It's dumb and it is lazy. It totally destroys what EPCOT was about. The fact they have already done this to some extent (the Three Caballeros in Mexico) does not justify more.

WDW1974

Original Poster
The way the story is written... makes you think the guys walked out to the public enclosure/exhibit.. shot the giraffe.. then right there started hacking up the body while everyone watched and then tossed the chunks over to the lions. That's not how it happened. But it makes a great shock value when you lay the facts out in a way that leads readers to assume that.

The giraffe was not shot in front of the guests.. nor was it hacked up out in the exhibits. It was euthanized and than brought out to an area where people were given the opportunity to gather around and watch. The meat was later made available to the lions.

The reasons behind the giraffe being killed in the first place are not unique to the zoo or it's policies..

The story wasn't covered by only one news organization. And intelligent people can gather facts from a story and make decisions on their own.

There should be shock value to this.

They murdered one of their healthy animals (when other zoos were offering large sums for him) and then hacked him up in front of guests and then they fed his remains to the lions.

Like I said, imagine if Sea World or DAK or BGT or any major US zoological park did something like this. And their reason was poor. As was their attempts at handling the fact most folks might have a problem with something like that.

Magenta Panther

Yes, but we don't agree on your underlying hatred of the Muppets (and dislike? of all the other properties) ... Disney has plenty of IP that folks care about (they don't care about Oswald!) and they refuse to utilize it versus putting Captain America on the Disney MAGIC and soon at DL. That is a legit complaint, although one that isn't worth your energy because that is Bob Iger's Disney. But hating on the Muppets and/or trying to convince anyone that there is a giant untapped market that is interested in an obscure character from the 1920s is sorta absurd.

Disney has also used its IP when it makes enough. Look at the PotC franchise ... and watch what happens with Frozen. I guess a film has to make close to a billion dollars before Disney thinks it is worth doing something with.

I never said there's a giant untapped market for Oswald. Heck, I even said that it wouldn't affect Disney's bottom line in the least if he stayed "dead". But since Disney did buy him back, and since he has an actual connection with Disney and Walt (unlike the foam-rubber puppets and the spandexed superheroes), it'd kinda be nice if more was done with him. And who knows, maybe that will happen. Maybe the Disney creatives are just waiting for the right vehicle. We'll see.

I don't hate the Muppets. I just hate that they're a part of Disney. It all started with the Muppets, you know - Disney CEOs buying fraying franchises and shoehorning them, ill-fitting aesthetics and all, into the Disney stable. I wonder if the people here who support all that would be happy if Disney decided to buy the Chipmunks or My Little Pony and stick those characters into the parks? There was a rumor not long ago that Disney was going to buy Hasbro - which owns the ponies, among other things...thank goodness that was JUST a rumor. At least it was at the time. You never know nowadays WHAT Iger will do...

FWIW, I'd welcome a Frozen addition to the parks. At least it's home-grown Disney. But I bet all we're going to get is a snow-cone stand or something (look what TDO did with Tangled...)

Last edited:

HenryMystic

There's more to the PUSH story that makes it interesting Spiriit, or does "social media and the conspiracy" no longer interest you?

It even involves some of your favorite players.

I will say that I was amused at how some were alleging that others were being used/manipulated. Um, you all are pawns in Celebration Place's game of fanboi chess!

At the end of the day, I don't appreciate snitches (taking screenshots...WhyFor?) I also don't appreciate cyber bullying.

Also, over the span of a week, WDW has cut 2 equity acts. I think most folks are missing the greater point. I find it laughable that they cannot afford to run a Frozen meet and greet and Ziti, and have to cut MK entertainment to fund their new shiny parade.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The story wasn't covered by only one news organization. And intelligent people can gather facts from a story and make decisions on their own.

And 9 out of 10 are just paraphrasing the other guys coverage... Leaving the retelling even more vague.

This is just like the recent stories about the industrial production of orange juice. No one questions why orange juice is available everyday at their grocery store for consistent prices... Yet act all insulted when they hear it's not Juan squeezing an orange over a tub.

Ignorance is bliss... And what happens when you manage animal populations falls under that as well.

WDW1974

Original Poster
There's more to the PUSH story that makes it interesting Spiriit, or does "social media and the conspiracy" no longer interest you?

It even involves some of your favorite players.

I will say that I was amused at how some were alleging that others were being used/manipulated. Um, you all are pawns in Celebration Place's game of fanboi chess!

At the end of the day, I don't appreciate snitches (taking screenshots...WhyFor?) I also don't appreciate cyber bullying.

Also, over the span of a week, WDW has cut 2 equity acts. I think most folks are missing the greater point. I find it laughable that they cannot afford to run a Frozen meet and greet and Ziti, and have to cut MK entertainment to fund their new shiny parade.

It interests me a lot. Please, tell the entire tale (as you understand it) here or, if you don't wish to make it all public, send me a PM or an email. I'd love to hear this because I admit I don't have much idea what went down only that it involved the talking trash can and some online dude with a strange name ... so, please enlighten me because at the very least it will amuse me (and how many times have I amused you!?!) and maybe it will provide me with some personal fodder for whatever influence I have behind the scenes and/or down the road.

I am very serious, Henry.

Oh, and they can afford plenty. We all know that isn't how TDO and company, including Prince George A. Kalogridis, run the business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom