Magic Band colors

tk924

Original Poster
I've searched Google images to view various MB colors. I wanted to ask anyone here of what they thought of the Blue MB? Is it a dark blue or light blue? It seems that in every picture I view it looks different. I'd prefer a dark blue or even an electric blue, but if it's a light or sky blue, then I'm opting for the gray one.
Also I read that there was, or will be, a purple MB offered. True?
Thanks.

Ben_since_1971

While it is not a deep dark blue, it definitely is not a light or sky blue. I don't know how else to say it but it is just a plain old blue. Not quite the same shade, but like Facebook blue or even the blue at the top of the wdwmagic page.

I liked my MB - thought the color was good.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Beta Return
There is no "purple" but there's a "pink". Here are the official choices from the MDE customization page:
magicbands.jpg

Here's a photo someone posted online showing all the colors except Orange and Gray. You can see the blue band clearly:
Image-2.jpg

tk924

Original Poster
Awesome. Thanks for the help. Guess that I'll end up choosing the blue. My daughter's fav color is yellow, so that's easy. Wife's fav color is purple, so I guess she'll have to choose either pink, red or green.

DizneyPryncess

Did anyone else watch the Disney Christmas parade and see one of the hosts showing her band? She said she was wearing the Minnie Mouse red & black magic band. I hopped online to see if it was a new option, but no such thing. I'm guessing she added some black dots to a red band, but still, I thought that was a cool color option!

tk924

Original Poster
Did anyone else watch the Disney Christmas parade and see one of the hosts showing her band? She said she was wearing the Minnie Mouse red & black magic band. I hopped online to see if it was a new option, but no such thing. I'm guessing she added some black dots to a red band, but still, I thought that was a cool color option!

Magic Band Accessories?

Magic+Band+Display.jpg

Tom

Beta Return

You can buy covers and accessories for the bands on property. That's probably what she had on hers.

tk924

Original Poster
Here's a neat idea that I came across. It seems people are decorating their bands with markers and/or nail polish.

MagicBandBlingLenampJerry.jpg

I can't see the nail polish holding up very well as these things are flexible rubber, right?
Thing only thing I would be interested in is taking a fine tip sharping and outlining the Mickey so that it shows up better. Cool trick. :cool:

Tom

Beta Return
Here's a neat idea that I came across. It seems people are decorating their bands with markers and/or nail polish.

I can't see the nail polish holding up very well as these things are flexible rubber, right?
Thing only thing I would be interested in is taking a fine tip sharping and outlining the Mickey so that it shows up better. Cool trick. :cool:

Yeah, I can't see the nail polish lasting. It will likely chip pretty quickly.

FitzherbertFreak

Awesome idea! I'm going to use a marker to customize my Magic Band. I'll probably do Maleficent so that it matches my custom Converse. :D

tk924

Original Poster
Here's a quick and not-so-great mock-up I did on the computer of what I was thinking.
(these images are not mine)

Before
Magic-Band.jpg

After
Magic_Band_mod.jpg

A quick outline makes Mickey pop! ;)

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...

I am so doing this for my next trip. The kiddo wants a purple one and they don't offer it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom