Hands On - FastPass+ for non-resort guests at Disney's Animal Kingdom

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is the Everest kiosks and ipad wielding cast.
image.jpg

Soarin' Over Pgh

There is an option on the kiosk to "create your travel party" and you can scan several RF enabled tickets so you can all book your fastpasses together.

If you are traveling with a group of six, it will only show you a window in which at least 6 fastpasses are available. For example if Everest had 20 Fastpasses to give out for the 1:30-2:30 range, and 15 of them had already been given out, it won't show you that option because your whole travel party wouldn't be able to ride together.

But you can also specify certain FPs for Certain people, so again if you have a party of 6, and one kid is too short for everest, four of them could book Festival of the Lion King, and two of them could book everest.

Ok, that's actually pretty nice.

11am for Safari
12pm for Dinosaur
2pm for Everest

Yes I can alter them at a kiosk

That's a good lineup. Roughly how long did you wait in the fp+ line to set your times?

Guests are using the kiosks to make FP+. It is not paper based.
View attachment 41271

This guy in the white shirt looks positively thrilled! :D

Tip Top Club

Interesting - If that is the case then why is the return time for Everest 2pm?

Because they already have FP+ times earlier in the day. The kiosks will also not show you a time that overlaps with your current selections. You can usually find other times if you shift things around.

For example if you have Safaris booked for 10:00-11:00 it won't show you an everest time that is 10:50-11:50. The first available time it would show would be 11:00-12:00. If you move that safari time to 1:30-2:30 for example, then it would show you the 10:50-11:50 Everest time.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am surprised, but it still appears to be going well. The lines at the kiosks are no more than a few minutes and the park is average attendance.

The CMs seem very enthusiastic and from what I have seen the guests seem to like doing everything at one kiosk and being done.

I have not seen anyone using the paper to make notes of times - I doubt many have a pen. Most people are taking a photo of the confirmation screen or entering an email address.

hpyhnt 1000

I am surprised, but it still appears to be going well. The lines at the kiosks are no more than a few minutes and the park is average attendance.

The CMs seem very enthusiastic and from what I have seen the guests seem to like doing everything at one kiosk and being done.

I have not seen anyone using the paper to make notes of times - I doubt many have a pen. Most people are taking a photo of the confirmation screen or entering an email address.

Good to hear overall. There is certainly an advantage of being able to see/select all your FPs for the day at one time. I do wonder what the long term plan for CMs with iPads is; this system only works if the kiosk wait is minimal (5 mins isn't bad, but I personally think thats about the limit. Anything over 9-10 mins is, I think, too long). I assume dedicated kiosks would eventually be added after the test phase...whenever that is.

Still find it amusing/ridiculous that people are relegated to taking a pic of the kiosk screen to record their return times because there is no way to print a paper receipt.

Out of curiosity, what are stand-by wait times like now as we approach midday? Also, could you comment on the actual kiosk experience? Was it slow, responsive, easy to navigate, straightforward, confusing, etc.?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom