FastPass+ open to all guests including offsite beginning next week at Disney's Animal Kingdom

surfsupdon

Thankfully I will not be there! That sounds like a disaster, based on our disastrous trial. No paper Fastpasses??! They were the saving grace of theme park touring for us in November!

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm surprised at the timing of this test. On-site guests have had 60 days to get as many FP+ reservations as possible; off-site guests will have much less time, and it's the busiest period of the year in the parks. It's new technology for off-site guests, plus large crowds, plus less choice.

ParentsOf4

With offsite guests being unable to make FP+ selections until after they arrive at the park, offsite guests will be at a huge disadvantage.

If Disney continues the policy after testing is complete, offsite guests most definitely will have an inferior WDW experience.

WDW continues to have a capacity problem at 3 of its theme parks. It appears MyMagic+'s "solution" to this problem might be to screw over offsite guests.

Epcot, DHS, and DAK need more rides!

ParentsOf4

Enjoy the clusterlove at the kiosks.
Offsite guests cannot use My Disney Experience to make their FP+ selections via their smart phones. They will be forced to use the FP+ kiosks.

Lines form with the current FP system, even though that system is about as efficient as possible.

Now imagine what's FP+ kiosks will be like when guests have to go through a series of screens and decide what rides and times they like.

I can envision a single family of 4 spending many minutes arguing over what to select, frustrating those in line behind them.

I'd love to force the Disney executives who approved this to experience this "magical" moment.:rolleyes:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm surprised at the timing of this test. On-site guests have had 60 days to get as many FP+ reservations as possible; off-site guests will have much less time, and it's the busiest period of the year in the parks. It's new technology for off-site guests, plus large crowds, plus less choice.
I do feel for the CMs at Guest Relations over the next few weeks....

ToTBellHop

With offsite guests being unable to make FP+ selections until after they arrive at the park, offsite guests will be at a huge disadvantage.

If Disney continues the policy after testing is complete, offsite guests most definitely will have an inferior WDW experience.

WDW continues to have a capacity problem at 3 of its theme parks. It appears MyMagic+'s "solution" to this problem might be to screw over offsite guests.

Epcot, DHS, and DAK need more rides!
is this a problem? Shouldn't Disney Resort guests have the advantage? Disney would say, "stay on site or get an AP if you want priority." And those are the groups that should get priority.

ParentsOf4

is this a problem? Shouldn't Disney Resort guests have the advantage? Disney would say, "stay on site or get an AP if you want priority." And those are the groups that should get priority.
Realize that onsite guests eventually will lose Extra Magic Hours (EMH).

The original business case for MyMagic+ (MM+) included eliminating EMH to save operating expense. Plans are still in place to move forward with this once MM+ is fully rolled out. Expect a press release along the lines of "Our guests tell us that being able to make advanced FastPass+ selections during regular park hours is such a wonderful benefit, that they no longer are requesting that we provide Extra Magic Hours."

Onsite guests aren't getting a better experience; Disney is simply replacing one onsite benefit with another one. A benefit that costs Disney less opex.

Offsite guests are screwed.

Dads 2 Boys

I thought this was part of the plan right along.....having on-property guests provided a more enhanced experience. Shouldn't that be the way? I think so.

My wife was just there a few weeks ago with her family and said MM+ overall adds a small level of stress to a vacation. Perhaps after all the tests, things might be very different. I'm waiting for full judgment until it's officially rolled out with all the adjustments.

omurice

Well people have been asking for this and now it's here.
I'm glad offsite people, non-resort APs and locals finally get to try this, they have been locked out of trying MM+ for too long. Now is their chance to love it or hate it based on its merits or lack thereof, and (gasp) first-hand experience.

But some kiosks are going to be what the kids today call "cray-cray". There are too few kiosks in any of the parks, maybe even AK despite it only has about 3 attractions that need FP. Most people will head for their desired attraction area before looking for a kiosk in a quieter area, and the popular attractions could get insane lines at their nearby kiosks.
When it's busy, some people are going to get into the first line they see, will not know if they're in the line for the MM+ kiosk, FP+ return, or the Stand-by queue. Arguments will ensue.

CMs next week: "Um, we're gonna need more kiosks..."

ps - Doesn't help for a family of 4 it could take over 5 minutes to change a time or add FP. Just one person who is used to the MDE app can take a minute or two at a kiosk. Kiosks are much faster than MDE app but it's still a lot of navigating and clicking to move or change just one FP. I feel for both the guests and the CMs -- this is going to be a bumpy holiday season for some.

Last edited:

bladerunner

If all guests to Disney parks would want to stay onsite then Disney would have a serious capacity problem. I would think that a good portion of visitors to the Orlando area staying at the regions estimated 150,000 rooms visit WDW. If FP+ is going to be an advantage to those groups that stay on site then Disney needs to build more rooms - either that or the price of a Disney hotel will go up dramatically as demand increases for perks such as FP+.

Hiro

Wait, let me confirm one thing.

Offsite guest-cannot use legacy(papar) fast pass, cannot use Fastpass+ until they go to reservation place
Onsite guest-still can use legacy(papar) fast pass or not???

Ray B

I thought this was part of the plan right along.....having on-property guests provided a more enhanced experience. Shouldn't that be the way? I think so.

My wife was just there a few weeks ago with her family and said MM+ overall adds a small level of stress to a vacation. Perhaps after all the tests, things might be very different. I'm waiting for full judgment until it's officially rolled out with all the adjustments.

Many places offer perks to special guests and Disney is doing the same here with the new FP+. The problem is that they are not just giving a perk to an on-site guest but also taking away something from a large group of people. When they gave EMH to on-site guests it was a perk for them but didn't take something away from others. FP+ completely changes the fundamental way that offsite guests will experience the parks.

pauluk

It appears to me that the "kiosks" for off-site guests is similar to what UNI started with , when they first started using express pass, they used to be in UNI/IOA and you could pick between 2 or 3 express passes for later in the day. UNI removed them and started charging for there express pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom