Disney Hong Kong to get Iron Man Ride...

Pixie VaVoom

Well, duh - "here is where Disney is spending their money". Haven't you heard?? America is in a recession!!! But there is still money to be made in the Orient!!

That is why the NEW rides are being FAST tracked and GREEN lighted for Hong Kong, and Tokyo, heck even Paris!! They have fleeced the American public to a point of diminishing returns, so now they string us along for 3-4 years between new rides. Instead they give us price hikes, more hotel rooms, more restaurants, and places to spend money. That is good enough for the AMERICAN public. No longer is there any loyalty for the country that made all of this Disneyania POSSIBLE. The bottom line is ALL to the NEW corporations!! And Disney is indeed a New World Order corporation!!!

Maybe when the Magic Band issue settles down they will get back to the job of actually creating some ride experiences. DHS, Epcot, and AK are sorely in need. They are fast gettiong to be half day parks at best!!

xstech25

So much money going into Hong Kong because the park stunk, in which they did the same in America with DCA. You are just flat out making things up, have you ever been to Disneyland Paris? You would have to be blind not to see the American parks are way better maintained/operated and get more new attractions. Of course America's economy is bad, but if you don't think Disney had any interest in the American economy, why would it make any sense for them to add hotel rooms when they already have over 25,000? Also, I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS LOCK TOO, WEEEEE :banghead:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Well, duh - "here is where Disney is spending their money". Haven't you heard?? America is in a recession!!! But there is still money to be made in the Orient!!

That is why the NEW rides are being FAST tracked and GREEN lighted for Hong Kong, and Tokyo, heck even Paris!! They have fleeced the American public to a point of diminishing returns, so now they string us along for 3-4 years between new rides. Instead they give us price hikes, more hotel rooms, more restaurants, and places to spend money. That is good enough for the AMERICAN public. No longer is there any loyalty for the country that made all of this Disneyania POSSIBLE. The bottom line is ALL to the NEW corporations!! And Disney is indeed a New World Order corporation!!!

Maybe when the Magic Band issue settles down they will get back to the job of actually creating some ride experiences. DHS, Epcot, and AK are sorely in need. They are fast gettiong to be half day parks at best!!

Well Disney has nothing to do with the way Tokyo adds attractions since it's not owned at all by Disney, it's owned by the Oriental Land Company (and which is why its a MUCH MUCH better resort than any others)

janoimagine

Well Disney has nothing to do with the way Tokyo adds attractions since it's not owned at all by Disney, it's owned by the Oriental Land Company (and which is why its a MUCH MUCH better resort than any others)

Exactly, Tokyo Disney Sea may be the best theme park I have ever set foot in, from customer service, to ride quality, even the people. Chris is right, it is Disney in NAME ONLY, the maintenance, property and staffing are all controlled by the OLC, which is why this park looks and functions as good as it does.

lazyboy97o

A majority of Hongkong Theme Parks International is owned by the Government of Hong Kong.

lebeau

This thread is really showing that some people just want to bad mouth Disney no matter what. The details of this ride are not even out let and everyone is saying that this is no good. One of the biggest issue people have is that Disney is all about princesses and there is nothing for the boys. Well getting Marvell into the parks will be great and fill the gender gap. This is a step in the right direction even if if uses an old ride system and we do not know if that is the case yet. I just wish that Disney did not have an agreement with Universal to keep Marvel out of parks east of the Mississippi.

As for Walt Disney World benefiting from this, if world-wide park revenue goes up, it can not hurt the other parks.

A non-issue that whiny fanbois complain about to no end despite the fact that the entire resort is skewed primarily towards traditionally male interests. There is actually comparitively little for girls.

Sorry. You stumbled into a pet peeve of mine. If anything, there is not enough princess stuff in Disney World.

Sped2424

Wait just read that it uses the star tours ride system, sigh, boring. I thought they were gonna get these awesome sets and actual robot animatornics, but I suppose there is no star tours ride in hong kong.

xstech25

Exactly, Tokyo Disney Sea may be the best theme park I have ever set foot in, from customer service, to ride quality, even the people. Chris is right, it is Disney in NAME ONLY, the maintenance, property and staffing are all controlled by the OLC, which is why this park looks and functions as good as it does.
Not true at all: Disney designed everything and operates Tokyo Disney. The OLC pays Disney a cut of revenues for doing this as well as a licensing fee. Although Disney has no ownership stake in Tokyo (due to Card Walker being cheap and not realizing how much money it was going to make), they do not fully own any of their international parks. They have joint ventures in Paris where there is an LLC, as well as the Hong Kong Government (which owns 50% of HK Disneyland) and the Shanghai Shendi Group...which is also basically the government, in Shanghai.

janoimagine

Not true at all: Disney designed everything and operates Tokyo Disney. The OLC pays Disney a cut of revenues for doing this as well as a licensing fee. Although Disney has no ownership stake in Tokyo (due to Card Walker being cheap and not realizing how much money it was going to make), they do not fully own any of their international parks. They have joint ventures in Paris where there is an LLC, as well as the Hong Kong Government (which owns 50% of HK Disneyland) and the Shanghai Shendi Group...which is also basically the government, in Shanghai.

In the future please be accurate when you quote me, I never said Disney did not design the park, it's attractions or hotels, my post was referring to the level of quality you experience at TDS. However, you are incorrect, the OLC operates and is responsible for maintaining Tokyo Disney, you are however accurate in saying Disney gets a percentage of both the profits and licensing revenue's.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
In the future please be accurate when you quote me, I never said Disney did not design the park, it's attractions or hotels, my post was referring to the level of quality you experience at TDS. However, you are incorrect, the OLC operates and is responsible for maintaining Tokyo Disney, you are however accurate in saying Disney gets a percentage of both the profits and licensing revenue's.

Exactly, Disney has nothing to do with daily operations within Tokyo whatsoever

lazyboy97o

Disney does not operate the Tokyo Disney Resort. Euro Disney SCA is an SCA, not an LLC. The Government of Hong Kong now has a 52% stake and The Shanghai Shendi Group has a 57% stake.

Bairstow

Found some more concept art that more or less confirms it will be a Star Tours-class simulator:

imx228476SMALL.jpg

imx338476SMALL.jpg

WED99

They are putting in new intellectual property with the same old ride system and the same ride experience. They are shoehorning in Iron Man in to a ride system they can easily update, but provides less of a thrill. They will update the story of the ride every time a new movie comes out and make it appear that its a brand new attraction. When in reality its an old ride system, with a little bit of an upgrade and another meet and greet.
Keep in mind that Hong Kong doesn't have Star Tours, so to them it's a brand new experience. We should be thankful Disney decided not to clone the ride for once and create something original.

WED99

Well, here is where Disney is spending their money. No surprise that WDW is getting less love.
As it said multiple times in the article, Hong Kong needs some serious help right now. There isn't enough attendance and the park is losing money. Disney have to act fast and improve it before they lose anymore money, which ultimately affects the entire company (including WDW).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom