What Defunct Attraction Do You NOT Miss At All?

Epicpilot

World of motion and Horizons. World of motion and Horizons were rides that today would be boring to most, and not very popular. Test Track and Mission Space on the other hand, are thrill rides which are VERY popular in Epcot even though Mission Space has been lacking recently. When it comes down to it, to most people Test track and Mission Space>World of Motion and Horizons. And now its time to go into my fallout bunker.

rd805

World of motion and Horizons. World of motion and Horizons were rides that today would be boring to most, and not very popular. Test Track and Mission Space on the other hand, are thrill rides which are VERY popular in Epcot even though Mission Space has been lacking recently. When it comes down to it, to most people Test track and Mission Space>World of Motion and Horizons. And now its time to go into my fallout bunker.

My thoughts exactly!!! -- and yes, we're about to get bombarded by hate for putting Mission Space ahead of Horizons...

Padraig

The narnia show thing... It was basically a trailer for the movie!
And I really won't miss Captain EO if it gets removed again. Sorry MJ fans!

Ah good ol' Journey into Narnia. The joy that it has given both my wife and I.

So anyways.. it was July 2011 when we spotted it all tucked away there. Thought, how bad can it really be? First warning was the complete lack of a line. The second is what we still get a kick out of: as we entered an elderly CM began to describe the attraction and what we'd see. Then in a really exasperated tone said "And that's the ride", defeatedly kinda shrugged her shoulders before promptly scuttling off.

And she was right. That was the ride. I wonder how many people asked her "is that it?" before she decided to start heading people off at the pass.

Every so often if we have a particularly disappointing experience, we'll invariably turn to each other and say "And that's the ride".

Voice of Disney sanity

Frankly I really don't miss any of them with the possible exception of the Adventurers Club. I think disney is mostly right on when they remove attractions with the exception of AC and... It's a small world. It should have been removed in the mid 80s and has WAY outlived its popularity with everyone except some of you guys on here. Last 3 times I was at the MK it was a walk on and the were loading the boats 25% full.

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Play It. Whoever got picked was the person that randomly happened to put the 4 choices in the correct order without even looking since the winner always had the 4 answers picked in some crazy time like a 1/4 of a second and then the host spent so much time talking to the contestant rather than moving the game along that it seemed like they only had time for 2 people to play per show.

Journey Into Your Imagination (the short lived 2nd version of the ride), I don't like the current version compared to the original but the 2nd version was horrible. I was glad to see it gone.

It's a Disneyland ride, but Superstar Limo. If I had to pick a Disney World attraction, it'd be Food Rocks. I watched a video of it in action recently, and the butchering of Bohemian Rhapsody and Sledgehammer haunt me.

Princess Leia

• Mr. Toad (sorry, the only memory I have of that ride was dodging another car because I was curled up in the car with my eyes shut for most of the ride wanting to get off)
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures (again, I was petrified)
  • Millionaire
  • Sounds Dangerous

Jedi Stitch

Well, I can only say for Disneyland, but I suspect the same rides were at MK.
20K leagues under the sea. I enjoyed the movie as a kid, but once you rode the ride once, you were quick to figure out your time spent in que is better for other rides. I did enjoy eating ice cream in the shade of the monorail tracks, remember DL here, watching the subs go in and out of the submerging falls and surfacing falls. Rather ride the Matterhorn.
Mission to Mars was fun the first time, and pretty much an AC, sitting break area after that. Rather ride space mountain.
Captain EO..........Yup, it has nostalgia, but better use of space. Rather ride Star Tours, DL still.
I do miss the gondola that went from Tomarrowland through the Matterhorn and went to Fantasyland.

We did ride Stich when we were at WDW. My family are big fans. We enjoyed it. My wife has a minor Claustrophobia, so once was enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom