FP+ without bands?

mom2ryandy

Original Poster
My family of 6 will be at Disneyworld in Decmeber. 4 of us have Magic Bands and used them in August with our Annual Passes linked. 2 don't have AP's or Magic Bands and we're all staying off property.
When the 2 get their park tickets, will they be eligible for fp+ on my Disney Experience using the RFID cards? We've been trying to figure out if it would be worth the hassle to get them a one night room on property with the off chance that they would get a magic band. But if they can use the RFID cards for fp+, then there will be no problem... right?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My family of 6 will be at Disneyworld in Decmeber. 4 of us have Magic Bands and used them in August with our Annual Passes linked. 2 don't have AP's or Magic Bands and we're all staying off property.
When the 2 get their park tickets, will they be eligible for fp+ on my Disney Experience using the RFID cards? We've been trying to figure out if it would be worth the hassle to get them a one night room on property with the off chance that they would get a magic band. But if they can use the RFID cards for fp+, then there will be no problem... right?
The rollout for offsite guests, or for guests not staying at the resorts that are currently in testing is not known. So as it stands right now, they cannot get FP+.

Rob562

Though once the FP+ system *does* roll out to everyone, a MagicBand and an RFID card *should* both be able to be used for FP+, as long as it's linked to the person's MDE account/profile.

(Has anyone doing the current tests tried using a mixture of their MagicBands and RFID room keys to check in for FP+)

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Though once the FP+ system *does* roll out to everyone, a MagicBand and an RFID card *should* both be able to be used for FP+, as long as it's linked to the person's MDE account/profile.

(Has anyone doing the current tests tried using a mixture of their MagicBands and RFID room keys to check in for FP+)

-Rob
Yep that is right.

docdebbi

Just remember, as it stands now, not everyone on site is getting fp plus or magic bands. They are chosing certain resorts to test it and it varies when each resort is being tested. So getting a room at random doesn't guarantee these. I wouldn't get a room but if u do, check if that hotel at that time is included.

JIMINYCR

Just remember, as it stands now, not everyone on site is getting fp plus or magic bands. They are chosing certain resorts to test it and it varies when each resort is being tested. So getting a room at random doesn't guarantee these. I wouldn't get a room but if u do, check if that hotel at that time is included.
Friends of ours who are staying at PORS have already received their Magicbands and made their FP choices. We are staying at POFQ and dont have the bands. Now does that make any sense??? Why one and not the other???

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Friends of ours who are staying at PORS have already received their Magicbands and made their FP choices. We are staying at POFQ and dont have the bands. Now does that make any sense??? Why one and not the other???
Did you contact Disney to see if there is an mistake?

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

POFQ arent in the testing time yet I know it seems strange not to include when they are doing it at PORS but think they are trying it in smaller areas to iron out problems, Dont want to roll it out everywhere and find they have massive problems with it

JIMINYCR

POFQ arent in the testing time yet I know it seems strange not to include when they are doing it at PORS but think they are trying it in smaller areas to iron out problems, Dont want to roll it out everywhere and find they have massive problems with it
Yeah but ...POFQ is smaller than PORS

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Got an e-mail from them the other day wanting to link us together and I had to say, sorry go ahead and make your FP plans and we'll have to wing it. Hopefully we can coordinate our rides together.
I guess you would have to move resorts to participate. That's to bad.

JIMINYCR

I guess you would have to move resorts to participate. That's to bad.
We have stayed at POFQ because of the quieter, smaller layout. They went with PORS without us knowing they were going at the time and after making their reservations they decided to stay there. So we're planning on walking the pathway to visit each others resort.

RonAnnArbor

Why not POFQ? My guess is its because its become the favorite moderate resort of repeat visitors who are, I think as a whole, averse to the entire FP+ change...that is the last group they currently want feedback from. They particularly DO want feedback from first time park visitors.

jkl2000

The website sure makes it seem lime you can make Fp+ reservations even if you're not in the testing. I can navigate to my trip dates and see my ADRs in the Fp section. They should remove that till it's fully rolled out.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The website sure makes it seem lime you can make Fp+ reservations even if you're not in the testing. I can navigate to my trip dates and see my ADRs in the Fp section. They should remove that till it's fully rolled out.

I can't see any of that from my account. Maybe I'm to far out I'm at 49 days staying at ASMu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom