myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

Tom

Beta Return
After reading alot if different posts I am finding that alot of people are liking this and it's working out fairly well.

I have no doubt in my mind that I'll be OK with the new simplicity of the vacation. But what I, and I feel many others, are not too happy with is the new FP+ system.

Many of the test subjects aren't feeling the true brunt of FP+ because they still get a KttW card and have full access to the traditional FP system.

Once everyone is limited to 3 FP's, in one park, I predict we'll hear a lot more griping. I also predict Disney will greatly adjust the FP+ system. They caved when guests complained about not being able to handle a simple 1-hour return time. It's almost a guarantee they'll cave when guests are legitimately upset that they can't ride their favorite e-ticket when they don't hop online at T-60 days and book all their rides.

tare

I have no doubt in my mind that I'll be OK with the new simplicity of the vacation. But what I, and I feel many others, are not too happy with is the new FP+ system.

Many of the test subjects aren't feeling the true brunt of FP+ because they still get a KttW card and have full access to the traditional FP system.

Once everyone is limited to 3 FP's, in one park, I predict we'll hear a lot more griping. I also predict Disney will greatly adjust the FP+ system. They caved when guests complained about not being able to handle a simple 1-hour return time. It's almost a guarantee they'll cave when guests are legitimately upset that they can't ride their favorite e-ticket when they don't hop online at T-60 days and book all their rides.
Yes I can see there might be severe problems with this. I'm not advocating the system. I was against it to begin with. Just saying I heard good things. Not excited about booking fast passes at all.

cspencer96

I don't have any physical tickets and on the app it doesn't show any tickets, on my email confirmation I hav tickets but it doesn't show any on the app??? All the app shows is my hotel my free dining and my ADRs???
You may could link them using a confirmation number in the email, or call Walt Disney World Online Tech Support and they should be able to help you with anything you need. The number is somewhere in the "Contact Us" section of the website.

stevehousse

Even though they are still giving out KTTW cards I haven't heard of them still being able to access the regular FP system. I believe that was only for te first few rounds of tests? Can anyone confirm with first hand experience?

ExtinctJenn

Ok so this thread has grown to 13 pages and you all will have to forgive me if this question has already been answered but...

I see on the "My Disney Experience" page when I login that they are referencing the bands and FP+ now and there is a general statement of "when it rolls out later this year." I kind of have two questions as a result of that statement:

1) Anyone have any more solid information than "later this year?"
2) When they roll out "later this year" will everyone be made to use them regardless of if they booked trips already or will it be "as of this date any trip booked will have magic bands?"

Tom

Beta Return
Ok so this thread has grown to 13 pages and you all will have to forgive me if this question has already been answered but...

I see on the "My Disney Experience" page when I login that they are referencing the bands and FP+ now and there is a general statement of "when it rolls out later this year." I kind of have two questions as a result of that statement:

1) Anyone have any more solid information than "later this year?"
2) When they roll out "later this year" will everyone be made to use them regardless of if they booked trips already or will it be "as of this date any trip booked will have magic bands?"

Nobody knows when it will actually "go live", but when it does, it will likely be all-or-nothing at that point.

WDWYankee15

Nobody knows when it will actually "go live", but when it does, it will likely be all-or-nothing at that point.

Hence the need for testing, testing, and more testing. Reports sugget that there are still lots of bugs and issues to work out. At this rate it will be a while and there may be more rounds of testing needed.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don't recall anyone saying that they have caved on the 1-hour return time. When did they change back to allowing you to return anytime after the window?

Tom

Beta Return
I don't recall anyone saying that they have caved on the 1-hour return time. When did they change back to allowing you to return anytime after the window?

Sorry, I was referring to the original FP, which did have an enforced return time...which they then let go by the wayside to appease guests who couldn't tell time.

kerbear

I just read on DISboards that people staying at POP with a check-in date through Sept. 7 have been able to order their magicbands and make FP selections. I'm staying at BCV starting Sept. 14 and when I logged into my disney experience I was able to get into FP+ but it came up for today with a pop up window We're Sorry! The selected date must be within at least one party member's FP+ selected window. It won't let me change the date. :banghead:

ExtinctJenn

I'd guess that if you booked in advance and there wasn't enough time before "go live" and your arrival that you'd be stuck into the boring grey bands then huh? Here's hoping they decide to have it go live well enough in advance of our arrival on 12/2 to let us customize them. LOL!

Hence the need for testing, testing, and more testing. Reports sugget that there are still lots of bugs and issues to work out. At this rate it will be a while and there may be more rounds of testing needed.
I'd love to be part of the testing. Kind of hoping I'll get a Mickey Mail inviting us to participate sometime here soon. We just booked Monday so anything is possible I suppose.

I just read on DISboards that people staying at POP with a check-in date through Sept. 7 have been able to order their magicbands and make FP selections. I'm staying at BCV starting Sept. 14 and when I logged into my disney experience I was able to get into FP+ but it came up for today with a pop up window We're Sorry! The selected date must be within at least one party member's FP+ selected window. It won't let me change the date. :banghead:
Interesting! We're staying at CB arriving on Dec 2. When I login to "My Disney Experience" I see links on the left for the Magic Bands and FP+ but neither takes me to anything more than a pop-up saying it's "coming soon."

I get the same screen when I click on FP+. I am checking into CSR on Sept 3rd and I can see August dates with the same pop-up. I am hopeful that it might mean we are part of the next testing group. But knowing the reliability of the WDW website it could just be a glitch!:rolleyes:

PrincessNelly_NJ

I get the same screen when I click on FP+. I am checking into CSR on Sept 3rd and I can see August dates with the same pop-up. I am hopeful that it might mean we are part of the next testing group. But knowing the reliability of the WDW website it could just be a glitch!:rolleyes:

CSR on Sept 3rd? me too! I would love to try the FP+ testing. I was actually surprised they never tried it at CSR. CSR tends to have fewer Disney guest which would be great for testing a small number of people.

Bill G 1979

Checking into AKL on Sept 2 and checking out on Sept 9 and yesterday we were able to make our fastpass+ selections and order our magicbands....So I would assume that that it is rolling out, or they could still be testing it, either way it would appear that its becoming more common to see magicbands than it is not to see them.

Clamman73

Checking into AKL on Sept 2 and checking out on Sept 9 and yesterday we were able to make our fastpass+ selections and order our magicbands....So I would assume that that it is rolling out, or they could still be testing it, either way it would appear that its becoming more common to see magicbands than it is not to see them.

May I ask how long ago did you make your September reservation, and how were you informed that you could participate in fastpass+? Thanks...

Tuvalu

AKL is one of the test resorts; we received our MagicBands and made FP+ before our August 3-5th stay.

Bill G 1979

May I ask how long ago did you make your September reservation, and how were you informed that you could participate in fastpass+? Thanks...
We made our reservations last December, made final payment in June and found out we could make our fastpass+ selections yesterday. I logged onto the "mydisneyexperience" website and clicked on the fastpass+ button (its been there for about 2 weeks but it never let me do anything) and then finally yesterday it popped up with the dates of my reservation and it let me make my selections. BTW it was the easiest thing to do and I even went in today and modified a couple choices and again it couldn't be any easier. After I made my fastpass+ selections I noticed that the "magicband" link was now saying "modify magicbands," so I clicked on it and sure enough I was able to customize all three magicbands and according to the website today, they were shipped and I should receive them in a few days.

Clamman73

We made our reservations last December, made final payment in June and found out we could make our fastpass+ selections yesterday. I logged onto the "mydisneyexperience" website and clicked on the fastpass+ button (its been there for about 2 weeks but it never let me do anything) and then finally yesterday it popped up with the dates of my reservation and it let me make my selections. BTW it was the easiest thing to do and I even went in today and modified a couple choices and again it couldn't be any easier. After I made my fastpass+ selections I noticed that the "magicband" link was now saying "modify magicbands," so I clicked on it and sure enough I was able to customize all three magicbands and according to the website today, they were shipped and I should receive them in a few days.

Thanks...Just been wondering how far out people are able to get to choose their fastpasses since I'm now under 60 days (haven't been asked to participate as of yet) - my reservation at Pop isn't until second week October...I've already checked in online and have my pin code, so they're ready to take all my money!

I wish they would let me know, so I can plan my hopping days b/c if I can reserve passes in the afternoon, it would change which park I go to at particular times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom