Fall 2013 Mickey Monitor - AP Magnet inside

MissM

Original Poster
Got my Fall 2013 Mickey Monitor yesterday and opened it to a pleasant surprise. The oval "WDW AP" magnets that everyone loves (but only NEW AP's, not renewal or existing Passholders) were getting was INSIDE my issue!

Ignore the crappy cell phone quality pic:
CAM00458.jpg

It says, "Here's an attractive instant perk! Because we're so fond on your magnetic friendship, we've attached a special Passholder magnet for your car, refrigerator, amphibious landing craft - pretty much any space where it can be stuck and enjoyed. We cannot thank you enough for "sticking with" out Passholder family."

Here's the cover:

CAM00459.jpg

So those of you who didn't get a magnet before (like me), keep an eye out for your Mickey Monitor. There should be one inside!!

MissM

Original Poster
I got mine as well!
Sweet! I bet they had a LOT of Passholders asking why they didn't get one and where could they get one so they must have decided to do another run of them. When I emailed and asked about it, I was told they were a limited thing that were given out to new Passholders only as part of their "welcome" kit and that they didn't anticipate how many AP's would want one! :)

Goofnut1980

I called central reservations the other day and the CM was telling me how so many AP holders were complaining that they wanted to buy one... so Disney sent them out... I can't wait till mine comes...

Hobnail Boot

I got mine Tuesday I think. I'm glad I finally got it because my buddy got one when he got an AP back in March and I couldn't find a way to get one.

Disney Dawg88

Man I've been an out of state AP holder for the past three years and I've never received one of these. I've always wondered why I never got one. Hopefully there will be one with my Mickey Monitor.

luv

I got one, too! :) I think they went out in all the Mickey Monitors.

I usually toss mine, but decided to look thought it because it had the quasi-HM cover. Glad I did. Another magnet to cover up my hideous air conditioning unit.

I'm going to laminate that HM pic on the inside of the front cover and turn it into a magnet, too.

That AP MNSSHP pin is not the best one I ever saw.

I haven't read one of these in a long time. Either I'm more bored (possible!) or it was more interesting. :)

Sped2424

They are 40 bucks on ebay? What in the world lol. And me and another forum member were talking about this a while ago. The magnets are cool

MissM

Original Poster
What is a Mickey Monitor? Like a newsletter? I am a new (since April) AP holder and haven't received anything in the mail.
Yeah it's a little Passholder newsletter that goes out 4 times a year and talks about what's new or upcoming (like this issue reminds you about Passholder discounts to MNSSHP, talks about Food & Wine Festival, upcoming Fairy Tall Hall, etc.) and is generally just a cute little advert for Disney. They only send them to US addresses and typically one Passholder per household. (Though in the past, some months I've gotten two; one for me and one for Love and other months didn't get any.)

Every now and then there will be a freebie like info on picking up a litho at a certain date/time kinda thing. Not often though. Don't recall them including anything like a magnet actually IN the magazine before.

I know a lot of people probably don't really read it (I tend to skim it) but I didn't want anyone to miss it and just toss it without knowing the magnet was inside.

luv

What is a Mickey Monitor? Like a newsletter? I am a new (since April) AP holder and haven't received anything in the mail.
Yup. It's a little booklet that comes a few times a year, filled with ads about the cool stuff you can come and do (and buy) at WDW.

If you don't get this one, you should get the next one. :)

Vader2112

I have 2 I received one with my thank you for renewing my APs and now with the Fall Mickey Monitor. Interesting thing it indicated the Princess Fairtale Hall was opening this fall. I thought 2014? Was this just an error?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom