Shipping In Advance to DVC Resort

AJScooch

Original Poster
We're heading down in 8 days and staying at BLT. We are travelling with our DD (4) and DS (6 mos.) and I want to ship his formula and some other stuff in advance since it will be very difficult to get on the plane. Has anyone ever done this before and how do I go about doing it? Will BLT accept my package in advance of my arrival and hold on to it until I get there or even better, have it in my room when I check in. Who can I contact to arrange this. Thanks as always for everyone's help.

mrerk

Premium Member
You just send it to the resort. Be sure to put the name on the reservation and the reservation number on the shipping label. something like:

Disney's Bay Lake Tower
c/o your name (guest), your reservation #
4600 N World Dr
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

If you are using ME you should use the Contemporary's address as that is where you will be checking in.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

What mrerk said holds true. Simply send the package to your attention C/O the resort you are staying at, using their mailing address. They won't put it in your room prior to your arrival just in case they need to change your room at the last minute. I do think that you may be subject to a package handling/holding fee since the Contemporary would be responsible for the package, and they are a convention resort. Something like $15, which is most likely less than if you tried to send it as checked luggage.

Todd L

We're heading down in 8 days and staying at BLT. We are travelling with our DD (4) and DS (6 mos.) and I want to ship his formula and some other stuff in advance since it will be very difficult to get on the plane. Has anyone ever done this before and how do I go about doing it? Will BLT accept my package in advance of my arrival and hold on to it until I get there or even better, have it in my room when I check in. Who can I contact to arrange this. Thanks as always for everyone's help.
Would it be easier to get some of that stuff locally?? It must be cheaper than shipping ?? maybe you could Get a Cab and go to the local walmart and get what you need??

LivFreeorDisney

We've done this the last three years. We've thought of going to the local market but when it comes to formula you never want to hope they will have the same kind. Just ship to the hotel and leave your reservation info and it'll be waiting for you when you get there. The cost of shipping will be cheaper then a taxi trip.

Have fun.

dreamfinder

Ive only ever ordered books on Amazon but my neighbors swear by them. Uses Amazon for everything..maybe Ill give that a shot.

As long as you don't mind getting some of the items in bulk (IE Granola bars they may sell you 4 boxes of 6 bars each, instead of buying 1 box of 6 bars in the store) it can work out quite well for non perishable food items. But especially when you are dealing with shipping things to another location, their cost w/free shipping can be a no brainer.

Disneykidder

We buy a lot of things via amazon. Cereal, toys, books, pool supplies, diapers and last week I even bought heels from them. My point is that you can certainly ship using amazon. Last year we needed something when we were in a resort and it came within two days.

For our trip to WDW in 13 days (but who's counting) we are sending a few things by amazon. I really wanted to ship water and you can do that using staples, com. If you purchase $25 or more, staples has free shipping. I'm getting two cases of water and some snacks, bam $25. :p

You could always use gardengrocer.com, if you need to.

tjkraz

Couple other quick notes:

1) Make sure you send via UPS, Fed Ex or some other freight carrier. Do NOT use US Postal Service. USPS deliveries go to a central Walt Disney World mailroom and then must be distributed (internally) throughout the property. If items get misplaced, it can take days for them to be found.
Deliveries sent via FedEx or UPS go directly to the resort.

2) As another poster said, deliveries to Contemporary (including Bay Lake) and any other resort with convention center / business center are subject to a delivery fee. This has to do with Disney's agreement with the operating partner IKON to run those facilities. Deliveries actually go to the IKON staff for holding until guests arrive, and IKON has authority to charge a handling fee for management of those packages.

Current handling fees are listed as:
  • Envelope: $3.00
  • Small Box: $3.00 (up to 4 lbs)
  • Med Box: $5.00 (5 lbs – 20 lbs)
  • Large Box: $10.00 (21 lbs – 70 lbs)
  • Golf Club: $10.00
  • Display Cases: $15.00
  • Pallets: $70.00 per 100 lbs

Disneykidder

If what is said above is true, It is probably more economical to just order the formula and whatever else from Gardengrocer.com. I think their fee is $12.

If I were to order from amazon and then again from staples, that would be two large boxes making a charge from BLT of $20. The $12 from gardengrocer is less and I can even choose my delivery time.

dreamfinder

If what is said above is true, It is probably more economical to just order the formula and whatever else from Gardengrocer.com. I think their fee is $12.

If I were to order from amazon and then again from staples, that would be two large boxes making a charge from BLT of $20. The $12 from gardengrocer is less and I can even choose my delivery time.

Except that Amazon should be significantly less up front for equivalent purchases than GardenGrocer.
GG Enfamil Premium Infant Formula Ready to Use 8oz 6pack $12.49
Gerber Good Start Gentle Powdered Formula 23.2oz $29.99

Amazon Enfamil Premium Infant Formula Ready to User 8oz 24pack $39.88
Gerber Good Start Gentle Powdered Formula 23.2oz $23.77

Definitely do a price comparison. The price savings may more than make up for the delivery handling fee.

AJScooch

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the info. The formula that we use is a prescription formula so we have to bring it from home. We're going just the formula and food. It will save us the hassle of trying to get a cab or the stuff delivered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom