Sony RX100 vs RX100 II

RondaKS

Original Poster
I am currently using a DSC-WX150 and going to Disneyland at the end of the month. I am not sure if the WX150 is going to be the best camera to take to the park.

I have read a lot on this forum and other forums how great the RX100 is. I have two grade schoolers and a Pentax K-r that I am not using because I find it too big to carry around. Therefore I am looking for a P&S that I will carry that will be able to take photos of the active children.

However the RX100 II is coming out at the end of the month and I am wondering if the $100 is worth the additional features of the new version. Or if I should get the RX100 now so I have some time to learn the camera before our trip leaving July 31st.

I appreciate your thoughts.
Ronda

ddbowdoin

I am currently using a DSC-WX150 and going to Disneyland at the end of the month. I am not sure if the WX150 is going to be the best camera to take to the park.

I have read a lot on this forum and other forums how great the RX100 is. I have two grade schoolers and a Pentax K-r that I am not using because I find it too big to carry around. Therefore I am looking for a P&S that I will carry that will be able to take photos of the active children.

However the RX100 II is coming out at the end of the month and I am wondering if the $100 is worth the additional features of the new version. Or if I should get the RX100 now so I have some time to learn the camera before our trip leaving July 31st.

I appreciate your thoughts.
Ronda

nope, not much different... WiFi. Personally I am never satisfied with out of camera images so wi-fi does nothing for me.

gsrjedi

I think a big addition to the RX100 II is the tilting LCD. I really like that on my NEX. I don't know anything about the wifi in it, but I could see it being somewhat useful to send a couple photos to an iPad or other tablet while on vacation if you're the type who likes to share while away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom