Bad Experience

We had a bad experience at magic kingdom on 6/19/13. I was my sons first and last trip to any Disney attractions. we arrived at disney around 10:30am and the first ride space mountain we got stuck on for a malfunction ,then we went to pirates of the Caribbean and got stuck on the boat for about 7mins, then went to haunted mansion and got stuck on that ride for a tec malfunction for about 5 mins, left there and got on a small world and got stuck on that boat for about 10mins. we left around 2:30 pm. so i called disney and they said it was a bad show and thats all i heard. so as for ever returning to disney not a chance. that was the worst $500 spent . they didnt try to fix problem.

disney4life2008

LOL - I am sorry but I have to laugh. I have lost count how many times a ride has stopped at WDW but to me - that is part of the experience. Now some rides you will get stuck - Small World during peak season you can be on the board waiting to exit a good 10 mins - same with Pirates. Being stuck for 5 mins on Haunted Mansion is not the end of the world - its air conditioned and you get to observe the beauty that is the Haunted Mansion. I am not sure what the problem is - considering you are a well know member as shown on your profile - you clearly have posted here numerous times and in no way a novice to WDW and its issues and problems so your post is kind of silly.

nepalostparks

Sorry to hear you had a rough couple of rides with stopping. I hope the rest of your day was better.

Complaining on an unofficial fan site about a few ride stops isn't going to do you much good though. Not sure what you're looking for, but if you feel the need, I would suggest writing directly to Disney to voice your concerns:

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I'm not sure how they could have fixed your problem. Rides unfortunately stop... sometimes its a technical issue, sometimes its a guest issue (such as standing up, not following directions, etc). While understandably frustrating, it sounds like you let it ruin your day. Plenty of other attractions at the park, and I hope you got to experience some of them without any stops.

Sumrdog

I like it when the dark rides stop, it gives me a chance to really look for hidden Mickey's or get a photo that's actually in focus.

Sorry you felt like your day was ruined...I think irregularities, malfunctions and missed turns can give us new opportunities to see and experience cool things that we otherwise might have missed in life.

HouCuseChickie

If you are serious about your complaint, you should log onto their website and voice your concerns directly to them. I'm not sure if you stayed onsite or retained any of your tickets, but information like that will help them better research the problems on the day you were in MK.

It's unfortunate that you had a number of ride issues during your visit, and venting on a forum site like this can be cathartic, but you really need to go to the source (i.e. contact Disney directly) if you want them to have a chance to address your concerns.

Nemo14

LOL - I am sorry but I have to laugh. I have lost count how many times a ride has stopped at WDW but to me - that is part of the experience. Now some rides you will get stuck - Small World during peak season you can be on the board waiting to exit a good 10 mins - same with Pirates. Being stuck for 5 mins on Haunted Mansion is not the end of the world - its air conditioned and you get to observe the beauty that is the Haunted Mansion. I am not sure what the problem is - considering you are a well know member as shown on your profile - you clearly have posted here numerous times and in no way a novice to WDW and its issues and problems so your post is kind of silly.

The OP only joined yesterday and has just one post.

bethymouse

I am sorry. It is true that the rides seem to be "breaking down", but I think in most cases the "5 minute" stoppages are due to the handicapped folks getting on the ride. Of course I may be wrong. I noticed quite a few handicapped folks on my last trip ( June 9-14 this year). MK was extremely crowded!:eek:
Don't give up on Disney. It's not all that bad.;) Next time, go during the less crowded times of the year if you're able to.;)

farrellbarrel

I am sorry you had a bad experience, but do not give up Disney hope! Everyone has bad days. Disney tries their best to have everything in what they consider "tip-top shape" because they want the max number of people to ride rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom