Purchasing APs on a Disney Visa

sbkline

I have never taken advanatage of this option, but I hear that if you pay your trip on your Disney Visa Card, you have 6 months to pay it with no interest. I just bought 4 APs a few weeks ago so as to beat the price increase, and I just wondered if the same was true of APs purchased on the card?

SMS55

Disney now offers financing on their annual passes too. You pay the equivalent of one day for each ticket and pay the rest of the 12 months of the ticket. It is basically an interest free loan.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Disney now offers financing on their annual passes too. You pay the equivalent of one day for each ticket and pay the rest of the 12 months of the ticket. It is basically an interest free loan.

I charged my APs onto my card around the beginning of this current billing cycle, but when I got the statement from the previous billing cycle, I paid about $900 towards the APs, in addition to paying the balance in full as I do every month. So on my next credit card statement, will it tell me how much of my balance is for the APs, and give me the option to only pay so much of that amount (or not pay any for this month if I don't want to)? I'm always kind of nervous about doing deferred interest financing on a card where I am constantly charging my regular expenditures as well. For example, If I have a balance of $1000, and $500 of that amount is a Disney amount with no interest, I'm always questioning what stops them from applying my $500 payment to the supposedly "interest free" amount, paying it in full and then charging me interest on the other $500. Basically, I'm concerned about having regular charges mixed in with interest free charges all on the same bill, and then making a partial payment and wondering how they sort out how much of my payment goes towards the interest accruing charges and how much (if any) goes to the interest free charges.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I am not seeing on the WDW site where non resident APs can be paid over a period of time???

Upvote 0

stichrules

I charged my APs onto my card around the beginning of this current billing cycle, but when I got the statement from the previous billing cycle, I paid about $900 towards the APs, in addition to paying the balance in full as I do every month. So on my next credit card statement, will it tell me how much of my balance is for the APs, and give me the option to only pay so much of that amount (or not pay any for this month if I don't want to)? I'm always kind of nervous about doing deferred interest financing on a card where I am constantly charging my regular expenditures as well. For example, If I have a balance of $1000, and $500 of that amount is a Disney amount with no interest, I'm always questioning what stops them from applying my $500 payment to the supposedly "interest free" amount, paying it in full and then charging me interest on the other $500. Basically, I'm concerned about having regular charges mixed in with interest free charges all on the same bill, and then making a partial payment and wondering how they sort out how much of my payment goes towards the interest accruing charges and how much (if any) goes to the interest free charges.

If you have a deferred interest on a Disney Visa, at the end of the statement it will list it and the amount and when the entire amount is due. They, Disney Visa, will always apply the amount you send them to the regular account first and then any remaining payment to the deferred account. We recently did this and never had any issues. I kept very close track of it because I was making a set payment to the deferred account every month to ensure it was paid off so I did not incur any interest. And we use this card for all of our expenses.

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I am curious why its only for Florida residents, what can they garnish their wages or something if they don't pay up...I think they would sell more of them if they offered the payment plan for out of state residents.

Upvote 0

SMS55

I am curious why its only for Florida residents, what can they garnish their wages or something if they don't pay up...I think they would sell more of them if they offered the payment plan for out of state residents.

For the amount of money it probably isn't even worth litigating. Unless it's a really large group, their attorney's fees are going to be more than what they recover. Florida is also a debtor's paradise. If you are a head of household they can't garnish your wages. It's why O.J. moved here. He never paid a penny of that judgment.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom